Aspen Dental Office Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aspen Dental President Robert Fontana
Robert Fontana

Pros
  • Helping patients get the care they need every day (in 15 reviews)

• I started as a Patient Service Representative and developed into an Office Manager (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • LONG hours- but only attributed to making sure patients fully understand recommended care and costs associated with them (in 58 reviews)

• not able to stick with the work life balance culture (in 17 reviews)

1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Easley, SC
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Easley, SC

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I currently work for Aspen and I love it. From the moment I accepted a position at Aspen, I have had nothing but support/encouragement from the ADMI team. It makes me sad to read all of the negative reviews on here because I have watched Aspen change the lives of so many patients. It feels good, going to work knowing that I can contribute to giving someone who hasn't smiled in years, their smile back. I enjoy the patient interaction and being able to help patients overcome the fear they have of the dentist. I look back and I'm thankful I chose to take a chance and join the Aspen team. If your in SC come see me and my team in Easley, SC We would love the chance to help you get back to a healthy mouth!

Cons

No cons to list, only positive vibes from me!

2. "Treat Every Patient Like Your Mother."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing training program. Fly you out to Syracuse, NY for a full week where you area able to discuss many topics about offices with people from all over the country.
    - Nation wide! You can live just about anywhere and work for Aspen Dental.

Cons

- Low starting wage for Office Managers.
    - Fast growing company, maybe too fast? Not much stability in offices because as soon as an individual is performing we are promoting them to the next office.

Advice to Management

- Pay a little higher for your OM's.
    - Stronger recruiting, maybe having a campus presence.
    - Longer training for external hires.

"Terrible Experience"

Former Employee - Office Manager in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, none and none. There is nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

Long hours. As an OM, I worked about 60 hours a week and was only paid for 40. Salary was not enough. I was transferred to another office and they paid for the move, but then I turned around and was transferred back to the original office and wasnt paid for that move or my expenses. The RM's are rude and all about money. They want you to have a full schedule, see new patients every 45 minutes, but keep wait time down. YEAH RIGHT. They say its about the patients, and its not. Its all about making your monthly goals, hitting budget, and MONEY. Staff turn around is terrible, I went through 3 PSR's while I was OM. They need a training program for PSR's. They need at least two OM's in each office to help lighten the loads.

Advice to Management

More training

"Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not any! They hire young doctors and staff that are great to work with. It's the principles of the company that are questionable.

Cons

They pull people's teeth that do not need it. It's much like a high pressured sales job. Your job is to talk people into dentures.

Advice to Management

Have a conscious

6. "Office manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bristol, TN
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Bristol, TN

Pros

I love the patients and my amazing staff, Aspen dental is an amazing place to work!!! I started upfront and am now an office manager training to become a regional manager!!! If you work hard this company completely acknowledges it and promotes from within!! No complaints!! I love love love this company!!!!!!'

Cons

None this is a company that you can grow with, as long as you work hard and do what's best for the patients you will go far!!!

Advice to Management

Perfect company to try!!!!

"Office Manager- Run! Fast!"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Wethersfield, CT
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Wethersfield, CT

I worked at Aspen Dental (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, none, none, none, none.

Cons

No work-life balance. Salary position without overtime when working 6 days a week, 60 hours plus. Bad insurance with high deductible. High turnover of staff. Under appreciated by management. Owner doctor was a horrible, unethical person. Upper management turns a constant blind eye when asked for help.

Advice to Management

To make their life easier, upper regional and territorial management promoted unworthy and for lazy people just to make sure positions are filled rather than putting the proper person in the job. When people have concerns and bring them to you listen and just don't ignore them. This is why this company is in the position that they are.

"This is the worst company to work for!"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales oriented. No work ethics. Lie to patients and to employees. Will get in trouble if you don't give a high estimate for services so the office manager can knock off things that not necessary but makes them look good. "Like they have your best interest.

Cons

Everything. They lie to you and the good reviews on here are management based. They give you incentives to get on here and say good things. High turn over doesn't lie. They keep the sorry employees and do away with the ones that can see through their smoke. If they don't fire you they push you to quit with bogus requests.

Advice to Management

Get some people that actually have morals. I wouldn't want my mother treated the way Aspens patients are treated!

"Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Simpsonville, SC
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Community involvement, family minded, give Office Managers the ability to do what's best for our patients

Cons

Long hours and can be stressful when short staffed.

Advice to Management

Better work life balance!

"Great Company For A Great Cause"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bryant, AR
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Bryant, AR

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time

Pros

This company shows unwavering commitment to its Patients AND Employees. My previous employer was wonderful. However, I do believe that Aspen has permanently changed my outlook on what Workplace Satisfaction really is. This company has given me the chance to widen my scope as a professional, and continues to present me with new information and new opportunity, and this is what every employee needs. Hats off to Aspen Dental! Thanks so much!

Cons

I do wish there were locations in all 50 states, but growth of a company such as Aspen Dental is inevitable. It will happen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work! We Support you guys!

11. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Oxford, AL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Oxford, AL

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive
    fun
    staff is like family to me

Cons

none as of right now