Aspen Dental 476 Reviews | Glassdoor

Aspen Dental Reviews

Updated March 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • LONG hours- but only attributed to making sure patients fully understand recommended care and costs associated with them (in 52 reviews)

• not able to stick with the work life balance culture (in 17 reviews)

1. "Hands down best employer"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, hours, pay is fair, management team is phenomenal

Cons

Honestly, I have no cons so far. It's a high paced environment so probably not a good fit for someone who doesn't enjoy working hard. I love it because it goes by so fast and the high pace keeps things interesting!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with Dr. Yang was great! Benefits are good. Customers made the business.

Cons

Upper management did not care about their employees only the bottom dollar. They have a turn around for office every year. Do not appreciate the hard working employees that they have. They cant keep staff to stay. Very micro-managed which is too bad because it could be a very good business. Doctors are hired right out of college because they can't get a doctor to stay past one year.

Advice to Management

Need to change their way of thinking and treating their employees. Hire new upper management for wisconsin and get someone that actually cares instead of replacing at their whim.

"Better than I could expect!"

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Living blue actually does exist. Great team and caring doctors that care about our patients. Upper management listens, and is able to help rectify issues once they are actually made aware of it.

This job is what you make of it. If you only want a pay check you will hate coming in to work everyday.

It's extremely rewarding making patients smile.

Cons

LONG hours- but only attributed to making sure patients fully understand recommended care and costs associated with them.

I can honestly write a 5 page letter on how horrible the CLEANING CREW is.

Advice to Management

Have a PSR training course and an actual attendance policy. Allow offices to post on the Facebook page for things like Employee of the Month.

"It depends on who you are."

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time

Pros

I do like my job and find it rewarding. The benefits are good as well.

Cons

Favoritism is a problem. Some mediocre employees demand what they want under threat of quiting and get it. Other's, (good to excellent employees), are basically told no and that's just the way it is - deal with it.. Seniority and loyalty mean nothing and are not rewarded. Good employees are often taken advantage of while average ones are given the perks. A lot of money and time is spent hiring new employees. New hires are given a cake on their first day just for showing up. The workforce knows this and they commonly use Aspen to get training, but don't intend on staying.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism, recognize hard work, and seniority. Reward the better employees instead of the average ones. Invest in your longtime employees. Believe me, if you take care of your employees, they will take care of you.

"Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not any! They hire young doctors and staff that are great to work with. It's the principles of the company that are questionable.

Cons

They pull people's teeth that do not need it. It's much like a high pressured sales job. Your job is to talk people into dentures.

Advice to Management

Have a conscious

7. "Great company to work for."

Pros

Rapid expansion offers opportunities for growth.

Cons

Cost of Health/Dental benefits.

"Awful. Just awful."

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Marion, OH
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Marion, OH

I worked at Aspen Dental part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the few hygiene jobs with benefits, first permanent position that I was hired for straight out of school

Cons

Not enough time for procedures, a dentist who would belittle other staff in front of patients, and excessive treatment plans for patients that they didn't need. VERY low pay, the "bonus" that I was supposed to get to compensate for this was $10 a month!

"Regional Manager of Practice Support"

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, Career opportunities, engagement & recognition

Cons

Growing so fast, that sometimes individuals are placed in a leadership role that isnt right for them.

Advice to Management

When we say "Directors own the doctors." What does that mean? The doctors I worked for always reached out to me about everything. I had to go over incentives and P&L's, not complaining I love that stuff, but my director really only help a POP call Bi-wkly. If that is "owning the doctors".. It has to be more than that. HERE IS THE 1 THING THAT CAN HELP. TEAM MEMBERS CANT BE AFRAID OF THEIR JOB. THEY WANT TO SPEAK UP ABOUT NOT GETTING SUPPORT OR LEADERSHIP FROM THEIR DIRECT REPORT, BUT CANT... IT CAN NEVER BE PROVEN, BUT THIS HAPPENED TO ME. I AM NOT BITTER, BUT IN ORDER FOR THE COMPANY TO KEEP GROWING TEAM MEMBERS NEED TO BE ABLE TO SAY " YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING ME VERY WELL"

"Corporate Dental office"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, many ways to advance in hygiene career, you can be a float or main hygienist in an office. As the main hygienist, you are responsible for hygiene production.

Cons

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HYGIENE PRODUCTION. Be prepared to use your business and marketing skills to gain acceptance for products and patient treatment.

11. "Not a good place to work."

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time

Pros

Very very busy schedule all day.

Cons

Not a good place to work.