KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aspen Dental

Engaged Employer

Aspen Dental

Add a Review

Aspen Dental Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Jan 24, 2021

Found 76 of over 1,442 reviews

3.2
Aspen Dental President Bob Fontana
Bob Fontana
Pros
  • "Training opportunities for new doctors(in 76 reviews)

• "Dentist compensation is based off of patient satisfaction(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be long hours depending on the situation from day to day(in 99 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be tricky(in 66 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aspen Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Aspen Dental is a Wonderful work enviornment

Dec 4, 2020 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Trinity, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working for Aspen Dental almost 15 years ago as a dental hygienist. It ended up being one of the best decisions I've ever made from a professional/career standpoint. Aspen has given me the chance to grow from a new graduate into a seasoned hygienist that still to this day, loves what I do. Aspens benefits are great, and they continuously show their health care providers respect and appreciation after working so hard delivering patient care. The company is loyal to their employees and are flexible with needed vacation days- which I know is important to most! They also have a management team that are always there to help with communication purposes. Aspen gives dentists the opportunity to own and partner with APEO. This allows for a personal touch to their practice and for employees! This allows the management team to focus on the business piece of marketing and hiring, which in turn, allows the dental and clinical team to maximize their time with clinical care. I want to reiterate that choosing Aspen Dental as a career choice was one of the best decisions I personally have ever made. I have a ton of colleagues that I've worked with over the years with Aspen, and they feel the same way as well. I hope this review reaches many dentist/hygienists that want positive reinforcement reiterating Aspen as a wonderful company to inquire about. Bob Fontana, CEO, and his leadership/management/and team of Doctors, have created an amazing organization for dental professionals.

Cons

There isn't much negativity to say honestly . Overall, there are way more positives than any normal negative topic that may arise.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Okay place to work

Jan 24, 2021 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training opportunities for new doctors

Cons

Free New Patient exams every 30 minutes

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mostly dentures

Dec 1, 2020 - Dental Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, great doctors, liked the training process.

Cons

Took forever to get my paperwork in and to get paid, the particular office management could have been better

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love my career!

Oct 12, 2019 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Flint, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The patients that are so thankful for the care we provide is the biggest pro. I love that there is always new patients and being able to help so many go from poor health to good health. Also I always have the best equipment to use. If I need new instruments or cavitron tips I can order them without any grief. We are able to choose and order what items we personally want to use to treat our patients. The benefits are top notch! We are offered everything from medical, flex spending, disability, life insurance, 401k just to name a few! The pay is better than a stingy private office. Hourly wages and ability for monthly bonuses! We are also celebrated for a job well done! There is also the ability to expand your career into other areas, such as upper management. We also have a hygienist advocates! We as hygienist are not at the mercy of a office manager or doctor. We have others who are hygienist who care to turn to if we need anything. I am very thankful and happy for my Aspen family. I love my dental home and can not imagine being anywhere else.

Cons

Work life balance is not ideal. I wouldn't recommend working here if you have small children.

Aspen Dental Response

Sue Decker - Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for helping patients get the care they need, today. We appreciate your commitment to great care and service.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Planned on leaving, staying for a lifetime.

Mar 10, 2020 - Associate Dentist in Keene, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I went straight from dental school. I received mentorship and encouragement. I couldn’t do a surgical extraction, now I do any extraction besides impacted thirds, tori removal and implant placement, bone grafting. I was continually encouraged and educated how to improve my crown preps, fillings, and denture steps. I’m confident every time I walk into the exam room and I know that I wouldn’t be even close to this talented without all the patient the aspen brand brings in. Did I mention I got training on Invisalign and have started or completed over 50 cases. The best part is I made over 200k my first year. And it has been ever increasing. I make my own treatment plans, no one tells me or any doctor what to do (that would be illegal). I learned bone grafting, the lab fees are small and of high quality. I could go on and on!

Cons

It’s hard work. But that’s dentistry:)

Aspen Dental Response

Sue Decker - Chief Human Resources Officer

6. 3.0

Typical

Dec 7, 2020 - Dental Assistant in Hot Springs, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great doctor Learned many things

Cons

Bad front managers Poor scheduling Unrealistic expectations on assistants

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good doctors

Nov 4, 2020 - Dental Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance. Very go with the flow doctors

Cons

Manager was mad if we didn’t sell patients on procedures

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Beware New Grads.

Jul 21, 2020 - General Dentist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro I could think about is that if you are desperate for a Job and need a position, they will hire you regardless of what you say or do at interview. Aspen has such a high rate of turn over. Within the year I started, my owner shuffeled doctors through his multiple practices because people quit quite often.

Cons

Pay seems great in theory when you are presented with a job but in reality aspens way of pay is so complicated that you are promised money that you never end up seeing. I never saw the bonus I was offered at the interview because of some new reason always. There is alot of unethical dentistry happening and I left because I could never agree to put my license on line for a few corporate numbers. Most of the time, I ended up fixing previous dentists work because so many people left that all the treatment plans are half done only. Management was of not much help. If you speak ill of the companyn or it’s ways, you become the bad guy instead of taking initiative to fix things. Work hours were also draining. 10hrs a day 5 days and also 2 saturdays a month and also some meetings after work hours. All the offices are very heavily based on new patients so you are forced to see a full extra column of new patients all day and their new patient exams are free. So you are basically seeing people for nothing much in return. You’ll also see that the office dental assistants or managers are always the older employees but there is always a new dentist in house so the assistants and manners basically rule the office instead of you deciding how to do your dentistry. They know that you’ll quit and there will be a new doc anyways. Very dangerous environment to put your license to put through, that you work so hard to get.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Single doctor in practice running office.

Jun 9, 2020 - General Dentist in Green Bay, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of doctor support. Allowed to call shots on treatment plan, ordering materials, and scheduling.

Cons

Not a lot of mentorship, depending on location. Full support for doctor autonomy.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place for doctors to work

Feb 20, 2020 - General Dentist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Continuing education and doctor development Growth and leadership opportunities Competitive compensation

Cons

Duties include management of staff

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews