Aspen Dental Employee Reviews about "helping patients"

Updated Aug 28, 2020

3.4
Aspen Dental President Bob Fontana
Bob Fontana
Pros
  • "Dentist compensation is based off of patient satisfaction(in 36 reviews)

• "I started as an office manager and absolutely fell in love with the process of helping patients and same day treatment(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, Work/Life balance is tough at times(in 89 reviews)

• "Working with demanding/ demeaning dentist(in 58 reviews)

Reviews about "helping patients"

Return to all Reviews

"Best job ever"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Greatest work/life balance you could ask for. To know you work for a company who values what you do and who you are is the most satisfying feeling you can have. We truly get to help patients smile again, something that most people take for granted.

Cons

If you are not passionate about helping people and just want a job you can make money at, this job isn’t for you. They really want people who genuinely care about not only patients but each other.

Sue Decker - Chief Human Resources Officer

Caring for patients at Aspen Dental is our priority, and we're thrilled that you're part of the team. Thanks for your review!

2. COVID-19

"Terrible, Terrible company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had the best, most dedicated staff. Helping patients is amazing.

Cons

joined Aspen in March of 2016 as Office Manager In-Training, and took the role of Office Manager on October 1st of the same year. However, I did not receive my official Office Manager promotion until 2017. I also was not given the opportunity for Office Manager training until March/April of 2017. For many months, I was held accountable for office metrics without pay commensurate to those responsibilities. Twice I was assured I would be promoted to Regional Manager. On three separate occurrences I was tasked to act as interim Regional Manager with no increase in pay. I have consistently been one of the most underpaid Office Managers in the state. When I advocated for this to be corrected, I was told I could be level set with other Office Managers, instead of being compensated at the 4 year tenure I had rightfully earned. The severity of COVID-19 created uncertainty for my family, as it did for so many. To accommodate the changes in my family schedule, I requested understanding for work/life balance. I was told that Office Managers are expected to average 45-55 hours each week (on a 40 hour per week salary), and my current role would not be available to me outside of those parameters. I subsequently requested to step down as Office Manager and act in a full time capacity as PSR or Assistant Office Manager, so that a few days each week I would be able to leave at 5:00pm to tend to my baby daughter. It is critical to emphasize that at no point did I request to leave early, merely to leave on time. Because of this, I was informed I am not qualified for full time employment, as I am “not available open to close, Monday through Friday.” It is also important to note the WI employee handbook clearly states that a full time employee averages 30 hours per week. This flagrant disregard for policy and marked lack of care for employee wellness meant I lost my health insurance and 401(k). I have been a high performer and tireless worker. I’m very proud of the non-POP WI run rate office hits, Yes metrics, personnel training, low turnover rates, and excellent team morale I’ve cultivated for Aspen. I’d like to believe I’d be regarded as an asset, or at the very least, valued as a person. I am deeply disappointed by the lack of professionalism and overt neglect so entrenched in Aspen Dental’s culture and approach to business practices. It would be in your interest to take a hard moral inventory, consider staff input ( as most of them have left because of how I have been treated), and institute real change.

"Great Until"

2.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Large Bonus potential, Able to help patients get health and happy

Cons

Management hiring poor staff and not helping you once you are in the position. You will work hard and still be critiqued if you don't make enough money, ethically fishy in some situations.

Sue Decker - Chief Human Resources Officer

At Aspen Dental, our purpose is to help patients get the care they need when they need it. Your review does not align with our purpose - please reach out to HRSupport@aspendental.com to further discuss your concerns.

4. "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time

Pros

helping patients get their smile back

Cons

will do anything to screw someone out of money, patients and employees alike. It's all about money not patient care

5. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Dentist in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to be part of, great core values, they give you all the support that you need to succeed, they are always investing in their dentists, great pay and great potential for growth. Mentorship in all aspects of dentistry. High volume of patients. Help patients that otherwise would not have access to care.

Cons

It can be overwhelming if you don’t know how to balance work/life.

Sue Decker - Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for helping patients get the care they need, today. We appreciate your commitment to great care and service.

"Living the Aspen Dental Dream!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are a go getter and are in charge of your career and your future, anything is possible. I started as an office manager and absolutely fell in love with the process of helping patients and same day treatment. We are in a unique position to change people's lives- who wouldn't want that? I have also forges lifelong friendships with Doctors who helped me grow. My role with Aspen is a healthy obsession.

Cons

Zero. I love being able to shape people's professional futures AND have met so many good people who are patients. I wouldn't change anything.

Continue reading
  7. "Opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of training available including CE Great corporate support Awesome incentive program Help patients that are actually appreciative

Cons

I can’t think of anything negative

8. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A career at Aspen Dental is full of potential for professional growth and opportunity. You get to work closely with an amazing team of Doctors and other support professionals to help patients say yes to care. Focus is on company culture and helping patients. Hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Being a growth company you have the growing pains associated with that.

"Aspen has given me a career. I love coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get to help patients get the care they need! I love being able to piece together the financials for the patients when they think it’s impossible.

Cons

I wish I had more family time. I am here about 11 hours a day except for Friday’s. I would like to be able to pick my kids up from school more often.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Easley, SC

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

I currently work for Aspen and I love it. From the moment I accepted a position at Aspen, I have had nothing but support/encouragement from the ADMI team. It makes me sad to read all of the negative reviews on here because I have watched Aspen change the lives of so many patients. It feels good, going to work knowing that I can contribute to giving someone who hasn't smiled in years, their smile back. I enjoy the patient interaction and being able to help patients overcome the fear they have of the dentist. I look back and I'm thankful I chose to take a chance and join the Aspen team. If your in SC come see me and my team in Easley, SC We would love the chance to help you get back to a healthy mouth!

Cons

No cons to list, only positive vibes from me!

Found 28 reviews