Aspen Square Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Anthony

Pros
  • very close knit with home office and supervisors (in 15 reviews)

• This company also offers room for growth and advancement (in 8 reviews)

Cons

"One of the Best in Property Management"

Current Employee - Traveling Property Manager in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Traveling Property Manager in Naples, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are just starting out in Property Management or looking to make a switch, you found the perfect company. I have worked for the company for about two years and I can honestly say this is one of the most amazing companies to work for! Upper management truly listens and helps out when needed. Though this is such a large company, everyone at the headquarters makes you feel like family. There is also tremendous room for growth within the company. I started out as an Assistant Manager, promoted to Property Management shortly after, and now currently a Traveling Property Manager. The company also takes a lot of time out to train new hires and provide continuous training to current employees. Not only are the people I work for wonderful, but the apartments themselves are beautiful inside and out. I can say with confidence that I am proud to work for Aspen Square Management.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. The upper management are absolutely amazing!

2. "Great people, great culture, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in West Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time with Aspen so far. Everyone is friendly and eager to help one another succeed. I feel like all of my thoughts and suggestions are valued and given real consideration. I have all of the tools I need to be a productive member of the Aspen team. I really look forward to a long, mutually beneficial relationship!

Cons

Location of home office is not ideal, but frequent travel means I spend very little time there.

3. "Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in West Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The sense of teamwork and camaraderie is incredible at Aspen Square, and management really encourages the growth and success of every employee. They find your strengths and give you opportunities to showcase them, and open the door to ample experiences where you are able to continue improving other skills of yours. Working for ASM has been nothing short of supportive, full of opportunity and ultimately - fun! The collaborative environment sets you up to achieve your goals if you're willing to listen, ask questions and work hard.

Cons

None. The team is remarkable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the encouragement, constructive feedback and positive openness with employees! It makes me excited to come to work every day, learn new things and continue pushing Aspen to be everything it can be, both individually and as a team. Thank you for allowing me to always know my voice is valued!

5. "Different Business Model"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding training.
    Helpful National and Home office team.
    Amazing team members onsite.
    Ability to focus on the big picture.
    Direct life line to your national manager.

Cons

Separation from office and maintenance staff.
    Transfer of established teams.

Advice to Management

Celebrate the successes more.

6. "It doesn't feel like a job because I love what I do!"

Current Employee - Traveling Leasing and Marketing Consultant in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Aspen for about 4 months now and I couldn't be happier! There is so much support within the company, no matter your position you can reach out to anyone in upper management with questions and they are happy to help. The company culture is great and welcoming! Although it is partially sales, there is no negativity amongst coworkers for being successful. Everyone is happy when someone gets a lease, which I find to be incredibly motivating! I love the traveling position because each property is so different that I'm constantly learning new things and I will always be learning, and of course seeing the US!

Cons

Traveling between home and work on off weekends can be tiresome because of the connecting flights. If all flights were direct that would be ideal.

Advice to Management

Love the team building events and the perfect balance of work and fun! Great job keeping company moral up by sending out t-shirts and handwritten notes because it really means a lot to work for a company I know cares about me as an individual.

7. "It's like working with family"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think my favorite part of working for Aspen is that, while there are clear heads of departments and supervisors, no task is beneath any one person. When I receive a visit from our regional manager, she has no problems answering the phone or greeting people as they walk in. It's nice that they care enough to travel to the properties and actually review things with us. Knowing my opinion matters, and that my ideas are listened to is a huge part of my happiness here.

Cons

Since everyone is so hands on, and different opinions are coming in, things can tend to get a bit overwhelming. It's nice to be able to call my direct supervisor for clarification at any time though, and know that I'll get a prompt response.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Perhaps some refresher training for those that have been with the company for a while? The training is SO strong from the start that meetings/events later on could be really beneficial in creating a "team" relationship & keep everyone on point!

"You will figure it out for yourself eventually"

Pros

Mostly nice staff when they are not hiring crazies or promoting the wrong people for the job. Best advice shut your mouth and do your job and go home.

Cons

Disorganization and chaos during startups and throughout stabilization. Cheap renovation work and wayyyy overpriced rentals

9. "Great company to work for!"

Pros

Great people to work with. Really smart and know so much about the industry. It is so easy to grow with the company if you are willing to work hard and be passionate about what you do.

Cons

Do not have the best hourly wages.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

10. "After 7yrs still in love"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the business for over 20 years and I have to say that after working with Aspen for 7+ years it is the best company in the business.
    Pros:
    competitive pay
    Outstanding benefits and 401k match
    Family environment
    Ongoing training
    Amazing support and ongoing guidance
    Properties are always well maintained
    Expectations are realistic
    Everyone is friendly, outgoing, and willing to do whatever it takes to succeed

Cons

None really, I think Aspen offers a great balance between work and family. I believe in all of their practices and feel they are very competitive in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

11. "Leasing Consultant"

Pros

Great team! Loved working with such high spirited amazing people!

Cons

The turnover rate is pretty high.