Aspen Valley Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Aspen Valley Hospital Reviews

Found 15 reviews

3.9
Dave Ressler

"New RN in the Emergency Department"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are very friendly and helpful especially for someone like me who is new in town. After just 1-2 weeks I got to know all of my co-workers very well. They seem very happy to work here. I really like that I get to work in a brand new E.R, it's nice having state of the art equipment... I am not used to having that. All in all I am really glad I accepted the job and came to work here, it's a great bunch of people.

Cons

Housing within the City of Aspen is tough to find but it can be done, it just takes a lot of searching and realizing that if you are relocating here you may need to downsize your living quarters if you want to live in the city of Aspen.

Advice to Management

None just yet. I'm still relatively new.

2. "Good Employer"

Current Employee - Non Clinical Support

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time

Pros

Good benefits and staff are fun to work with. Progressive facility that cares about their impact on the community.

Cons

The wheels of change are slow to turn.

"Wouldn't want to work anywhere else!"

Current Employee - Flex nurse in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital

Pros

My director (and almost all others) really value a strong work / life balance. Also, administration tries very hard to make sure that employees always feel valued. I was really surprised to see in previous reviews someone venting about pink slips being handed out. I am a flex nurse and I work in 4 different departments so I have strong knowledge of the entire nursing staff throughout the whole hospital. To my knowledge,...

Cons

Jobs rarely seem to open up unless the hospital is expanding practices or people retire

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within.

"Rrt"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Castle, CO

I worked at Aspen Valley Hospital for more than 2 years

Pros

Awesome family feeling within staff

Cons

Hard to advance in your field

"Just another corporate J-O-B."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great cafeteria, discounts on ski passes, extensive employee wellness program, OK bennies.

Cons

It really helps if you are a beautiful young person, skill set and experience not so important. Horrible lack of diversity. Management and HR will throw you away like a piece of trash when they are done with you, so don't make any life-altering commitments to work here. Someone else commented about mass lay-offs of older people. It's all true. Also, most of the reviews here about AVH are done by HR staff. It is their...

Advice to Management

The hospital's core values and standards for professional behaviour detailed in the employee handbook should apply to management. The corporate condescension toward service staff and seasonal workers by the board and management is disgraceful. Paraphrasing: The metric of organizational leadership is judged by how the lowest paid and oldest employees are treated. These are people. Don't treat them like dogs.

"One of Best Employers in 30+ Years"

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Out of the 16 businesses I have worked with/for during the past 31 years, AVH ranks in my Top 3 due to providing work that matters, generous benefits to employees & their families, support in maintaining healthy life/work balances, and numerous career development opportunities.

Cons

Commuting up valley can be tiresome, but even then, AVH offers deeply discounted RFTA bus passes and stipends to employees who carpool.

Advice to Management

The morale of an organization is not built from the bottom up; it filters from the top down.

"Sinking ship - Pink slips already being sent out"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The patients and co-workers at AVH are top-notch. Up until recently, I would say working for a small locally oriented non-profit hospital and making a difference in the community was the biggest perk, but not so much anymore.

Cons

If you are considering a position at Aspen Valley Hospital, keep in mind that the organization is in flux and any new-hires are basically considered temp workers. If you have any other potential leads or options, I'd seriously recommend looking elsewhere. There is a culture of deceit at AVH and the Executive Team has proven to be pathologically incapable of being honest or compassionate with their staff. There...

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

8. "Director of Ancillary Services"

Former Employee - Director in Horizon City, TX

I worked at Aspen Valley Hospital for more than 2 years

Pros

Patient care is the main priority

Cons

Weak Communication. Some staff feel entitled because they have been working there 20+ years

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I worked for AVH for 13 years and had many opportunties for career growth. Staff are the best and really care about the patients.

Cons

Commute; I lived in Silt in order to acquire the type of housing needed for my family.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be better!

"What a nice place to work."

Current Employee - Marketing/Event Coordinator in Aspen, CO

I have been working at Aspen Valley Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is something great about working with like minded care giving professionals. AVH is full of people who truly are interested in giving excellent care to this community. This hospital is full of healthy people too. That is an increduble bonus. The lifestyle in Aspen is embodied by the staff and employee wellness program here. A caring staff that live the healthy life are truly able to be examples to the community...

Cons

I personally had a lot of catching up to do. I came from the Food and Beverage world in to the marketing world of health care, so I had to learn a new base line of vocabulary, purpose and intention. AVH has been ghreat about bringing me into an environment of excellent care giving.

Advice to Management

Lets make a big change. Lates not be afraid to make bold changes in this crazy changing world of health care. Lets tryly make Aspen a leader in the world of better living!

Found 15 reviews