AspenPointe Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 5, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mick Pattinson

1. "Facilities & Fleet Manager"

I have been working at AspenPointe full-time

Pros

Good company in a growing industry. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Small company feel, related to processes and "comfort level" per employee expectations.

2. "Not friendly to clinicians or supervisors"

I worked at AspenPointe full-time

Pros

Good benefit package and loan repayment program.

Cons

Executives are not in touch with what the front lines do on a daily basis.
    Executives have very bad tempers that they are not afraid to show to employees as a fear tactic
    Program managers are forced to conform to directives that are not of benefit to the employee, but are only financially beneficial to executive pocketbooks
    Hostile working environment.
    Frequent turn over of employees which is poor quality care for Medicaid dependent clients who have minimum of other options.

Advice to Management

Inform the board of directors that the current CEO and COO should be given options to:
    get mental health treatment for their tempers and narcissism, or have them replaced with professionals who value their employees enough to want to keep them instead of looking at them as $$$$ signs.

3. "No support"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at AspenPointe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and good benefits. Most of the staff works as a team and the doctor is wonderful!

Cons

Management doesn't care about staff. When an issue comes up the management doesn't want to deal with anything. There is no support or understanding about our real life outside of work and they want at least 45 days notice for a day off.

Advice to Management

Care about your staff and they will take care of the clients. When it is crystal clear that the staff means nothing they feel that way and it shows everywhere.

5. "Review of AspenPointe"

Pros

Great and friendly peer staff

Cons

Little strategy for change management

6. "AspenPointe"

Current Employee - Operations Support Specialist I
    Current Employee - Operations Support Specialist I

I have been working at AspenPointe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work for

Cons

No advancement without getting higher education

"Mission lost in management"

Pros

Great co-workers, able to help others, good benefit package, some flexibility in hours

Cons

What management says and what they do does not line up. Communication is lacking. Upper management acts like they want to know what employees think, but then make no effort to act on the feedback they receive.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to what your employees are saying and make sure what you say you're going to do and what you actually do line up.

"Mediocre position and pay in the mental health field"

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great place to work. Supportive, friendly team members. This position provides the perfect opportunity to earn required LCSW experience, hours, and supervision.

Cons

The frequency of client sessions are often compromised due to the overwhelming number of clients per caseload. Management is toxic and practices favoritism towards certain clinicians. At times, team members and supervisors can be very cliquey. Not compensated for overtime. Low pay.

"Excellent co-workers"

I worked at AspenPointe full-time

Pros

I cannot say enough positive things about the collaboration, support, and quality of the clinicians that work with this company. I always felt like there was a fellow clinician to staff difficult cases with, provide encouragement, or reach out to offer assistance. I truly treasure the relationships that I built working with AspenPointe and keep in touch with many of my former colleagues even after having left the company. Without the co-workers, this would be a tough place to work. The middle management is also supportive to an extent. They are willing to listen, available to staff cases, and are supportive of their staff. The benefits are phenomenal and pay is competitive for the area and the work.

Cons

Upper management is completely out of touch and quite arrogant. Decisions are made without the input of the employees who will be implementing those decisions and cumbersome processes were often put in to place that increased paperwork and stress levels. During "network meetings", upper management often would talk down to employees, take a defensive tone, and would communicate the message "just wait we'll fix that" over and over and over again with no evidence of change. Staff actually try to figure out ways to miss the network meetings that upper management attends to avoid the unpleasant atmosphere. There is little to no collaboration between clinicians doing the clinical work and upper management. Changes are often implemented without being thought out and there are a lot of bumps in the road sometimes resulting in them reversing the change altogether. Middle management doesn't appear to have the power to make necessary decisions for their team and seem to just be a go between to facilitate directives being passed from upper management down to clinical staff. There is a high level of burn out and turn over amongst the clinical staff. Morale is pretty low. There is an employee appreciation day that is "voluntary" but it is clear that the expectation is you are there even if it is your day off. The caseloads are fairly high at about 75 clients +. I will say though that the 100+ number being talked about in other reviews isn't accurate. In my experience the only caseloads that were 100+ were generally ones where the clinician had not taken the time to close out inactive clients.

Advice to Management

This is to upper management only: look into becoming servant leaders. Your attitude towards the employees does not foster collaboration, innovation, and you are missing out on the opportunity to tap in to some amazing people as resources for improved care for clients and positive change.

"Good people, narcissist executives."

I worked at AspenPointe full-time

Pros

Great employes. My team was awesome. Worked we'll together and had a good dynamic good management. Decent salary and low turnaround in my department.

Cons

Some unreasonable requests and unclear expectations from upper management. Sometimes felt like they set some people up to fail. Execs are severe narcissists.

Advice to Management

Realize that intimidation is for the playground not for the business world. Making someone look bad does not make you look good.

"Services"

I worked at AspenPointe full-time

Pros

Great Place to work if part of the in crowd.

Cons

Not everyone is treated fairly. There is favoritism that goes on.