AspenTech Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Gregg Knapp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Good Challenge"

I have been working at AspenTech Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, facilities, tools, and support. Flexible on time off. Options to work at home within reason. I had a lot to learn very fast, but I think overall Marshall and my teammates were always helpful and willing to assist or modify processes. (I’m rather confused by the other horrid review I saw).

Cons

Always on your toes, new issues, new challenges, new product features; hard to have enough hours in day. It’s a just a challenging tough job and some people aren’t cut out for the intensity and pace; that’s life, not company issue. If you want a cush easy job where you can be on your phone all day, don’t apply!

Advice to Management

Saying you give employees freedom to have their own styles, then micromanaging to one style isn’t helpful; it’s just confusing feedback. Processes (internal work flow and responsibilities) are confusing at first. Overall, great job.

2. "Worst working experience of my life"

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst

I worked at AspenTech Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's really hard to think of any pros after working at this place. I got a Christmas "bonus" of $300 which was nice but that's about all I can think of.

Cons

During the interview process, I was promised to be taught thoroughly on their system. I was taught for about 2 days when it should have been 2 weeks at the least. The training for the employee/customer is uneducated and very fast with no room for questions. My first week, I was told I had to travel and set up the ACT system, by myself, with crappy training. My boss, Marshall, said "give me a call if you have any issues". When I did have issues and called him, he acted like I should know the system and treated me as incompetent for "NOT KNOWING ANY OF THE PRODUCTS WE SUPPLY TO THE CUSTOMER". Have a little leniency with new employees for god sakes.

I was promised a raise if I did a good job. I was always doing a "bad" job in Marshalls eyes so this "RAISE" was never obtainable.

I was overloaded with a multitude of work and had to train myself as I went because I was afraid to ask questions of my boss. It shouldn't be the employees fault if the training you provided sucked to begin with and then treat the employee as stupid for the managements mistakes.

I was put on Bi-Weekly meetings with Marshall because I was doing "such a terrible job". It was basically a slamming of how I was not doing everything the way he did. Not everyone is the same and they do things differently. You can't always have it your way like Marshall thinks. Everyday I was afraid to come into work and was very stressed because I had to do "perfect" work for Marshall. You should help your employees, not bash them for your horrible management skills.

Greg was nicer but was very hot headed like his son. On multiple occasions, while I was on the phone with a customer, Marshall and Greg would get into a screaming/cussing match in the next room. The customer would always ask why they were yelling and cussing, and I had to tell them that was a normal occurrence, which it shouldn't have been.

The best day of my life was my last day working here. They are the most hot tempered disrespectful people I've ever worked with and I hope no one ever has to go through what I did. This is only the icing on the cake. I will forever be scarred from working at this hell hole of a company.

Advice to Management

Find new management to take over this company. Greg and Marshall are incompetent of having employees under them. If I could leave 0 stars on this review, I would.

3. "Consultant"

Pros

The company has very great solutions cover the whole industry process, very strong technical competitiveness and big market. Most people to work with are smart, diligent, and self-motivated. Great health insurance coverage compares to many other companies.

Cons

High pressure on keeping personal utilization which is not fully controlled by yourself. There are unreasonable policies/rules made by managements. Promotion is difficult.

Advice to Management

Let the employee feel the company values their loyalty and experience. It takes at least several years to train a fresh bird to be experienced. It is short-sighted and no good at all to the company's long term growing to let people go just because temporarily low utilization.