AspenTech Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

2.9
Gregg Knapp
  1. "A Good Challenge"

I have been working at AspenTech Consulting Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great work environment, facilities, tools, and support. Flexible on time off. Options to work at home within reason. I had a lot to learn very fast, but I think overall Marshall and my teammates were always helpful and willing to assist or modify processes. (I’m rather confused by the other horrid review I saw).

Cons

Always on your toes, new issues, new challenges, new product features; hard to have enough hours in day. It’s a just a challenging tough job and some people aren’t cut out for the intensity and pace; that’s life, not company issue. If you want a cush easy job where you can be on your phone all day, don’t apply!

Advice to Management

Saying you give employees freedom to have their own styles, then micromanaging to one style isn’t helpful; it’s just confusing feedback. Processes (internal work flow and responsibilities) are confusing at first. Overall, great job.

AspenTech Consulting Group2018-05-25
  2. "Worst working experience of my life"

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst

I worked at AspenTech Consulting Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

It's really hard to think of any pros after working at this place. I got a Christmas "bonus" of $300 which was nice but that's about all I can think of.

Cons

During the interview process, I was promised to be taught thoroughly on their system. I was taught for about 2 days when it should have been 2 weeks at the least. The training for the employee/customer is uneducated and very fast with no room for questions. My first week, I was told I had to travel and set up the ACT system, by myself, with crappy training. My boss, Marshall, said "give me a call if you have any issues"....

Advice to Management

Find new management to take over this company. Greg and Marshall are incompetent of having employees under them. If I could leave 0 stars on this review, I would.

AspenTech Consulting Group2017-10-11
  3. "Consultant"

I have been working at AspenTech Consulting Group

Pros

The company has very great solutions cover the whole industry process, very strong technical competitiveness and big market. Most people to work with are smart, diligent, and self-motivated. Great health insurance coverage compares to many other companies.

Cons

High pressure on keeping personal utilization which is not fully controlled by yourself. There are unreasonable policies/rules made by managements. Promotion is difficult.

Advice to Management

Let the employee feel the company values their loyalty and experience. It takes at least several years to train a fresh bird to be experienced. It is short-sighted and no good at all to the company's long term growing to let people go just because temporarily low utilization.

AspenTech Consulting Group2015-01-02