Aspire Lifestyles Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Martin Conneen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The business model allows the concierge to work from home (in 28 reviews)

• Learn a lot of random things worldwide (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Slow, low pay, lack of structure, boredom, no advance (in 6 reviews)

• Service managers, training department, most team leaders are clueless and AHT (in 5 reviews)

1. ""Watch this Space""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Aspire Lifestyles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great people work for this company and many exciting positive changes coming .

Cons

Demanding workload with more focus needed on people development

Advice to Management

Keep up with the positive changes and remember that your people are your business!

2. "Black Card Concierge"

Former Employee - Black Card Concierge
    Former Employee - Black Card Concierge

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None.. nada. nothing. I had to choose five words here.. one star is one too many.

Cons

Absolutely horrible management.. they have zero clue as to what they are doing. These are miserable high end clients who call wanting ridiculously priced good, tickets, etc. You are actually told to LIE to the clients to keep them happy. They do not offer to the clients what they promise and you are stuck taking the heat. Worst job ever... run run run!

Advice to Management

Your job is sad. You have zero integrity.

"Very Bad Management, constant schedule changes and very subjective review process"

Former Employee - Concierge in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Concierge in Miami, FL

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work and the customers

Cons

Poor management nothing ever gets resolved, constant schedule changes and very subjective employee review process that can negatively affect your income.

Advice to Management

Clean House. Basic compensation was fair, benefits were good but the company goes out of it's way not to pay bonuses. When you do get your bonus there is NO accounting to how the company got to the number you received. Employee review process is very flawed and favors managers favorites. Customers are frequently unhappy. Constant schedule changes make life and family plans impossible to manage a healthy work life balance. Had issues that went unresolved for months.

"Lifestyle Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Aspire Lifestyles full-time

Pros

I can't think of a single one.

Cons

This place is literally the true life version of American Horror Story. Run for the hills and save yourself. Living in a shelter on welfare would be a better option. Have you ever seen the show Whose Line Is It Anyway? THE POINTS DONT MATTER. It's the same thing.
     You're wrong when you're right, you're belittled, you're given unattainable goals, and you're made to feel as though you're the crazy one. Human Resources has no idea what they're doing. They're paid to push a cart around with candy and soda. They want you to take rapid fire calls yet they want you to submit quality work. It's like water and oil. The two don't mix.

Advice to Management

Every last one of them should be fired.

"Concierge"

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles full-time

Pros

Knowing you would receive a paycheck twice a month.
    The people I've met outside of leadership

Cons

This company is literally the worse coonah I've ever worked for. If you need an immediate job, great but make sure you do not try to make a career here. If you are someone that actually has sense and can properly do they job, be prepared to be passed up for any type of career advancement. They only promote those that are about to lose their job as that's he smart thing to do.

Advice to Management

Management you need to value your employees if they decided to quit tomorrow would you have a job??? NO. Each and everyone of you need to get off your high horse and stop working your employees to death. People hate it there and can't wait for the opportunity to find another job. To be told no time off EVER! Make sure to work until you can work anymore. You guys are modern day slave masters. Worse 6 months of my life.

"Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Concierge in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Concierge in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at home and decent pay.

Cons

Bad management, Favoritism, Lack of proper training and resources. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Notice the people who work hard instead of just promoting your favorites.

"Not a lot of pros now that the high starting pay is gone"

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles full-time

Pros

Free food, good starting pay (at first), can be fun learning about new places

Cons

Software was unbearably glitchy. Lots of office politics. The base pay is now lower too. Management never had any idea how to operate the systems. Impossible goals. Bonuses stop for arbitrary reasons completely outside your control. Many people were let go recently because the company no longer had the money for them.

Advice to Management

It should be a requirement that all management fields calls for a month or two before progressing to management. I was told to take calls all day and then document everything within 30 minutes at the end of the day. Every call takes between 5-15 minutes to document and you usually take about 15 - 20 calls a day...yeah, not happening unless you do over time. The fact that management thinks this is a reasonable goal is simply laughable.

And god forbid you forward any work to the fulfillment team in Brazil! They speak next to no English and can't help with anything more complicated than sending an email...and quite honestly half the time they couldn't even be trusted to do that. There needs to be either more time set aside for concierges to fulfill requests or they need an ACTUAL fulfillment team.

There also needs to more communication. I cannot count the number of times a new rule was added to the quality evaluations and we were not told about it until AFTER our work was graded. I was also told by management that we should concentrate mostly on taking calls and forgo actually fulfilling the requests - even though we're graded entirely on our fulfillment and not at all on how many calls we take. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Overall the expectations are really unrealistic. Quite honestly this job is only worth it if you started off with the 17/hr pay. If you get in now it's 14/hr - just not worth it.

"I've watched the company slowly decline."

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Aspire Lifestyles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for what the job requires, pretty good benefits. There are some great co-workers and members of lower management.

Cons

Employees are micro managed, goals are constantly changing and sometimes contradict each other, upper management doesn't seem to have a grasp on what their employees have to do every day.

Advice to Management

Spend time doing the job of your employees so that you can better understand their challenges. Set goals that are attainable, and stop setting goals that can be affected by factors outside of your employees' control.

"No no no"

Current Employee - Concierge in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Aspire Lifestyles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay if you are willing to give up your soul, life and health

Cons

You log in early and stay late to meet your goals, forget your 2, 10 minute breaks and lunch. Of course, you can't log in early or late because that means OT. So you work for free to try to catch up. Always tech issues....the tools that they offer are a joke.

Advice to Management

Be realistic. We are giving inferior service because of the high demands. No time to research our information properly because the calls never stop. You have lost some amazing people.

"Do not do the work from home position"

Former Employee - Lifestyles Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Lifestyles Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Aspire Lifestyles full-time

Pros

You can work from home. They provide benefits. You do not spend money on gas. They try to be professional.

Cons

You do not get reimbursed for your internet or phone bill. They are not able to give you support during training when you are on the job that is effective. You do not receive any perks the people in the office get. You are not allowed to get support or advice from coworkers. You are only allowed to talk to your manager even though you may not be confident in them.

Advice to Management

Fully prepare and plan before execution. Be more consistent.