Aspirus Reviews | Glassdoor

Aspirus Reviews

Updated 12 Jun 2019

3.3
Aspirus CEO Duane L. Erwin (no image)
Duane L. Erwin
Pros
  • "Great staff, professional work environment, great hours, constant communication with staff, learning opportunities(in 4 reviews)

• "Great team members, adjacent team cooperation, exposure to technology (not cutting or bleeding edge however but that's healthcare)(in 3 reviews)

1. "Research Assistant"

I have been working at Aspirus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company consistently strides for providing better patient care and connecting with the community. Good company benefits.

Cons

Not much room for growth in my current position. Also, current position doesn’t pay a whole lot, then again, it’s an entry level position.

Advice to Management

Continue providing support and encouragement for employees. It makes them feel valued and part of something greater. Pleasure to work there.

Aspirus2019-05-07
  2. "Pharmacy tech"

I worked at Aspirus part-time

Pros

Up beat environment, overall nice coworkers and awesome pharmacists

Cons

Some shifts can drag on

Aspirus2019-06-12

"Horrible"

I have been working at Aspirus

Pros

Flex schedule nothing else positive to write

Cons

From day one my coworkers refused to help me learn the job. The supervisor asked, 2 weeks into the job, how it was going...I was honest and responded it was not going well, too much for a new person to do. She asked if I had asked anyone for help. I said "yes but was told no and that the work could not be split out. LIE. #1. The supe became visibly upset and an email went out to the team that they needed to split... the work with me. I became the bad guy from there on. It never improved. It was a very toxic, nasty environment. Grown women bashing each other and then acting like a friend. They didn't even try to keep their mean spirited comments quiet. Aspirus as a whole is full of rude providers and ancillary staff. When it was reportrd, nothing changed. I dis try to secure a position in other areas but have been unsuccessful. There is NO support from HR, in fact that HR is by far the worst I have ever had the displeasure of working with. If your unhappy leave....huh? Management including team leads are undeniably immature. We hear alot about weekend partying in our useless meetings vs discussing issues. Inexperienced, unqualified people are promoted only because no one else wants the job!!

Advice to Management

Do a major "house cleaning" of management from HR,team leads, to directors and managers. Stop promoting people who are unqualified. Clean up your nasty attitudes and down right mean spirit. Good people leave a horrible environment. The environment can only improve if management deals with the people issues vs making the person who complains, with documented exmples, the bad one!

Aspirus2019-06-02
  4. "Research Assistant"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aspirus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awarded by IBM Watson's Top 15 Heath Systems 2018 & 2019 Consistently striving to provide the best patient care

Cons

Not much room for progression in select departments

Aspirus2019-04-28
  5. "Ok"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Aspirus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good staff, truly care for the patiebts

Cons

Lots of politics, unplanned change

Aspirus2019-03-28
  6. "RN"

I have been working at Aspirus part-time

Pros

You will have the Greatest coworkers.

Cons

It is difficult to get a substantial raise.

Aspirus2019-02-26

"Unfortunate decline in quality and patient safety"

Current Employee - Infrastructure (IT) in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aspirus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great team members, adjacent team cooperation, exposure to technology (not cutting or bleeding edge however but that's healthcare) Ample parking

Cons

Management, directorship are clueless, play favorites, act on emotion rather than being professional. Back-handed intentions. There's a reason they've gone through so many managers and directors here with engineers and admins seeking to leave. Yearly reviews are a joke and nobody understands them. There's a survey annually to rate things like pace of work, mgmt, etc which is ignored. Used to have the CIO on it... until they received unfavorable reviews. Next year they were removed. Director received unfavorable reviews on the next year's, the following the director was removed from the survey. Have to fight to get fair pay and even then you're barely at market rate. Others in the area pay much better and have greater benefits. Benefits including 401k, health, paid time off are mediocre and getting worse every year. Epic analysts routinely skirt around protocol and will view patient and coworker health records in a way that is deliberately uneasy to audit.

Advice to Management

No advice given will be considered. Management in this space up to CIO should be removed. Lights stay on so nobody notices.

Aspirus2019-02-13

"Great people, poor management"

I worked at Aspirus

Pros

Coworkers arr amazing and caring

Cons

Upper management refuses to listen to frontline staff, bottom line drives everything

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and treat them better

Aspirus2019-01-10

"RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Wisc Rapids, WI

I have been working at Aspirus part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Positive work culture teamwork growth, quality care

Cons

Having to work two shifts

Advice to Management

Work life balance is important

Aspirus2018-12-07
  10. "Surgical Technologist"

I worked at Aspirus full-time

Pros

Great management. Lots of different experience. General, OB/GYN, eyes and ENT, plastic surgery, orthopedic, Neuromuscular, and cardiac. Pay was great. Team members practiced team work.

Cons

On-call hours were crummy. One day a week and one weekend a month. If you lived further than 18 minutes from the hospital you had to stay in a hotel provider by the hospital.

Advice to Management

I would suggest maybe offer some soft skill courses and communication techniques. Christmas bonuses. Develop more personal relationships with employees.

Aspirus2018-11-13