Aspirus Wausau Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Loved it"

Former Employee - IT Trainer in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - IT Trainer in Wausau, WI

I worked at Aspirus Wausau Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved working here. Was extremely happy working in the IT department. Competitive salary. Excellent training. Nice co-workers. Good management.

Cons

Was disappointed that my department did not understand personal issues or give flexibility when things outside the job affected work. This was my reason for leaving. Would still be happily employed there had there been some compassion or empathy.

Advice to Management

Use EAP to help employees work through issues to cut down on turnover.

2. "ACT"

Former Employee - AMBULATORY CARDIAC TECH in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - AMBULATORY CARDIAC TECH in Wausau, WI

I worked at Aspirus Wausau Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Give great care too all my patients. Learned new things all the time. Great team player as well.

Cons

i felf this was not a good fit for me at this time.

"Unit Clerk"

Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Wausau, WI

I worked at Aspirus Wausau Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of things I liked about Aspirus was each individual unit did the scheduling according to what worked for them. In each department, each shift was looked at individually and decided upon according to what worked for the employee and also the department. Very, very flexible.

Cons

Towards the end of my employment there, slowly Unit Clerks job description was lessening more and more. We Unit Clerks actually were to start teaching our job to the doctors and nurses and eventually eliminating us. I felt that the hospital was already understaffed companywide including Unit Clerks and now we are suppose to give more work to the nurses and doctors while our job, which was highly needed, was slowly going away.

5. "Not bad, well paid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Pros

Well paid, little oversight, easy job

Cons

Felt disorganized in IT some employee conflicts where not managed well.

Advice to Management

Get more organized and have a little more oversight

6. "EKG Tech"

Current Employee - Ekg Technician in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Ekg Technician in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aspirus Wausau Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work, awesome co-workers.

Cons

Income could be increased in higher percentages

Advice to Management

More floor coverage and relief for employees.
    Better insurance.

7. "Aspirus"

Pros

Wonderful team members and management.

Cons

Limited career growth in this position

Advice to Management

n/a

8. "Great Place ..."

Pros

Good leadership, with strategic sense of the local marketplace. They have a vision for success and are willing to act aggressively

Cons

Nothing really, communication and visibility from executives would help everyone understand where the organization is going.

9. "Nurses matter"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aspirus Wausau Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Aspirus for 6 years and honestly it has gotten better each year. My wage is competitive, I feel like I matter (recognition for things I do above and beyond what is expected), and I actually get to use my PTO when I want. It feels good to be a part of a Magnet hospital. There's always work to be done to improve, but unlike many nurses in other places, I feel like I have a work/life balance. They also are incredibly involved in the community. Despite being not-for-profit, they find a lot of ways to give back.

Cons

Even though the wages are starting to be competative, they have a long way to go! There should be a pay raise for staff getting their BSN versus ADN (this isn't the case in all departments)!! The amount of emails we get is ridiculous. For those of us who don't get a chance each day to read our email, they stack up! 75% of the emails are not relevant to me. I wish we could opt out of certain email lists!!!

Advice to Management

Exit interviews are golden. EVERY employee, especially professional staff should be encouraged to have one. We need to know why people leave us and we need to do whatever we can to make them stay. The amount of money lost with turnover can be astounding!!

"There was a time..."

Current Employee - Information Technology in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aspirus Wausau Hospital (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ample opportunity for learning. Environment rich for those who want to learn many aspects of IT.

Cons

Mangers and some directors tend to resemble the personalities of henchmen looking to lead by fear tactics. Really hurts morale and upper leadership is either clueless about it or encourages behavior.

Advice to Management

This (IT) used to be a fun & exciting place to grow and develop great professional relationships and accomplish great things, that made Aspirus IT a great place to be. Now everyone is "guilty until proven innocent" is used as a control tactic. Some in leadership need to open their eyes and fix this. Managers are not trusted or respected by many.

11. "Meh"

I have been working at Aspirus Wausau Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positions available, comes with benefits and because it's healthcare, some semblance of stability.

Cons

Management is not concerned with morale of workers, discrimination in the form of incivility is allowed, can't report to middle managers because they reveal names. Upper management does not see fit to fix this issue or offer competitive wages in the industries.

Advice to Management

Get some managers on board who know how to handle conflict and solve issues, rather than avoid them.