Aspirus "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Aspirus Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 31, 2018

3.4
Aspirus President and CEO Duane L. Erwin (no image)
Duane L. Erwin
Pros
  • "Great staff, professional work environment, great hours, constant communication with staff, learning opportunities(in 4 reviews)

• "Great team members, adjacent team cooperation, exposure to technology (not cutting or bleeding edge however but that's healthcare)(in 3 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Ma"

I have been working at Aspirus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work would recommend

Cons

Work life balance is not that great

Aspirus2018-01-06

"Not a long term employment option"

I have been working at Aspirus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Quality doctors, great staff which are overlooked.

Cons

Longevity within the company is not rewarded. Benefits are taken away. Retirement reduced. Double standards for employees. Some things one employee will get away with, other employees would be immediately terminated. Walk on eggshells every day due to unknowns of expectations by management. Upper management does not know anything of most departments in the hospital. They do not know the staff that they are making decisions for. They do not even have to have the same awful healthcare or retirment options. Biggest healthcare organization in the state. WORST insurance policies offered to staff. Due to limited options in the area, employees are stuck, playing the game, to keep a paycheck. No work/life balance in reality. It's all work, or punishment. Work first, family somewhere at the bottom of the list.

Advice to Management

Learn your staff. Listen to staff. All of them. Work on uniformity of standards and expectations of all staff. Look hard at how recent decisions have really affected staff and their lives. It has not been positive changes for them.

Aspirus2018-01-31

"Director"

I worked at Aspirus

Pros

Great co-workers (for the most part). Competitive pay and benefits. Proud of the department staff caring of patients and outcomes.

Cons

Too many management meetings and 70 - 80 work weeks leads to no work-life balance. Time off denied more than once...more than twice; and once even during a family surgery day! Constantly denied additional FTE to meet staffing needs. Unattainable goals set for managers they look to move out. When your Employee Opinion Survey says you have a Senior Leadership problem, it's time to look at the Senior Leadership team and make changes! Oh wait, Senior Leadership is in control ~ that will never happen! And control they do!

Advice to Management

Listen to staff that are actually doing the job. Offer your management team more support.

Aspirus2016-02-01
  4. "Nurses matter"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Aspirus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Aspirus for 6 years and honestly it has gotten better each year. My wage is competitive, I feel like I matter (recognition for things I do above and beyond what is expected), and I actually get to use my PTO when I want. It feels good to be a part of a Magnet hospital. There's always work to be done to improve, but unlike many nurses in other places, I feel like I have a work/life balance. They also are incredibly involved in the community. Despite being not-for-profit, they find a lot of ways to give back.

Cons

Even though the wages are starting to be competative, they have a long way to go! There should be a pay raise for staff getting their BSN versus ADN (this isn't the case in all departments)!! The amount of emails we get is ridiculous. For those of us who don't get a chance each day to read our email, they stack up! 75% of the emails are not relevant to me. I wish we could opt out of certain email lists!!!

Advice to Management

Exit interviews are golden. EVERY employee, especially professional staff should be encouraged to have one. We need to know why people leave us and we need to do whatever we can to make them stay. The amount of money lost with turnover can be astounding!!

Aspirus2015-09-20
  5. "Good and bad..."

Former Employee - X-ray Tech

I worked at Aspirus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers and imaging management. They promote good work/ life balance.

Cons

The corporation has a horrible annual evaluation process. If you do okay or if you excel and go above and beyond for your position, it makes no difference. Everyone gets the same percentage raise that is approved for the year. PTO accrual rates are lower than the average for our area as well.

Aspirus2013-12-23