Asplundh Climber Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Climber

Asplundh Climber Reviews

Found 2 reviews

Christopher B. Asplundh
  1. "Hardworking and skillful"

Former Employee - Climber in Beeville, TX

I worked at Asplundh for more than a year

Pros

Full time, learning experience, good way too brush up on your Spanish language. Friendly environment, for its a team effort, everyone has there own individual job too help

Cons

A lot of safety regulations that need to be followed, your life and job security is always at jeopardy. Weather

Advice to Management

Please allow the bonus at the end of each circuit

Asplundh2015-07-21

"Not a career"

Current Employee - Climber in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Asplundh full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the honest work and the fellow hard working employees. I love climbing and with a good work ethic have been able to advance myself quickly.

Cons

Drama in the ranks, superior bullying, and depressingly low pay. When your general foreman is only paid $17/hr it hurts any desire to see this job as anything more than short term. Also a con is having to literally risk your life each day working in close proximity to live power lines for peanuts.

Advice to Management

When I first started I was told the pay scale and was shocked. Starting pay was $10/hr and the pay slowly went up from there. My immediate thought was each position needed to be at least a dollar higher. I love the work, and am good at it, but with some of my coworkers being here 15-20 years before they make foreman, it is not a career but a high school job.

Asplundh2015-02-24