Asplundh Groundsman Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher B. Asplundh
  1. "Groundsman"

Current Employee - Groundsman in LaPorte, IN

I have been working at Asplundh full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

It is a great place to work. It opens the door to electric side of utility companies

Cons

The on call storm work can be an inconvenience. Some equipment is outdated or could use replacing

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep safety first.

Asplundh2017-09-06
  2. "Alright Company"

Former Employee - Groundsman in Columbus, OH

I worked at Asplundh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, 3 Day weekends

Cons

Bad management, seniority gets away with everything, they knit pick the new guys

Advice to Management

Take care of the new guys who are gonna replace your seniors you let the foreman’s talk to people however they want and get away with everything. I got write ups from a foreman who smoked in a truck and used his phone while driving,speeding running red lights doing everything against the rules.

Asplundh2019-04-28
  3. "Good secure career"

Current Employee - Groundsman in Hillsboro, OH

I have been working at Asplundh full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great Financial stability, 4 days a week ( Mon-Thurs. 7-530, like clockwork) Overtime ( anything over 40 hours ) is time and a half! Crappy dental insurance, nice health insurance ( $20 deductible for all dr. visits ) and only 12 something comes out of my check for health insurance. Employees have always treated me fair, they are pretty serious while doing a job ( it can be very dangerous), but pretty laid back and...

Cons

Wish there was more communication for position advancements, I am on a roaming crew ( appose to unit crew ) so I only see my G.F a couple times a month. Considering how dangerous( and physical ) the job actually is, and how much the company makes annually, the pay is way too low. mine was at 12.67/hr ( after 2years and 7 months ) when a lot of ppl can start at Walmart for $12.30/Hr. I think that's total BULL

Advice to Management

Overall they do a great job for the nationwide corporation. I had house fire in Oct.2017 and only got 2 days off+weekend, with my wife,2 kids moving around every day or two, I was stressed and wish the company would have at least asked how I was doing 4 mnths later. ( instead of being threatened to lose my job, due to attendance)

Asplundh2018-02-10
  4. "Groundsperson"

Current Employee - Groundsman in Reidsville, NC

I have been working at Asplundh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ticket crew, minimum work compared to unit crew

Cons

None bad about this job just the weather changes

Advice to Management

2 years

Asplundh2017-10-18

"Work like a dog. Deal with drama."

Current Employee - Groundsman in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Asplundh full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent starting pay. Some good people to work with. Some room for advancement. Huge company. Overtime pay

Cons

Backstabbing. Drama. Worst equipment I have ever seen. Time away from family. Lying bosses.

Advice to Management

Put some of your crazy huge profit margin back into the company and fix your trucks and get decent ppe.

Asplundh2015-08-09

"Excellent company to teach you a trade that makes you a lot of money on the side!"

Current Employee - Groundsman in Lewisville, NC

I have been working at Asplundh full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Consistent work, working outdoors, physically challenging, storm work pays very well, learn a trade that pays well outside of Asplundh

Cons

Cons are relative but a few for me are leaving town for storm work suddenly and the overall pay is on the low side for the demands that the job places on you.

Advice to Management

I have worked with several crews and they all have there pros and cons but the company makes a lot of money and should consider paying more to the employees considering that they make them very wealthy.

Asplundh2013-11-26