Asplundh Trimmer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2019

Found 13 reviews

2.0
Christopher B. Asplundh
  1. "I liked going to work everyday."

Former Employee - Tree Trimmer in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Asplundh

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Four tens are great. I have no complaints. I very much liked the fact that the company would not compromise on safety.

Cons

The senior employees did not like to conform to changes in the industry. Mid level management were hard to reach at times because they were over worked. Employees did not realize how good the company is.

Advice to Management

Keep the standards high and keep raising them. This will allow for the dead weight to hopefully go away. Everything was good.

Asplundh2011-10-28
  2. "Asplundh"

Former Employee - Trimmer in Akron, OH

I worked at Asplundh

Pros

work outdoors, work with good people, relocation to anywhere in the U.S. and to some other countries, decent benefits package

Cons

some of the foremen should not be foremen for lack of competance and experience. There are some long hours involved when storms come in. constantly work in hazardous conditions

Advice to Management

make better decisions about who is made a foreperson, pay rate leaves something to be desired due to the nature of the work

Asplundh2009-08-14
  3. "Was good mostly"

Former Employee - Trimmer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Asplundh full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are lots of different branches so you can work almost any where you would like and there is job security as trees are always going to grow more.

Cons

You are on the road a lot and that can be hard if you have a family at home. Or even if its only a girlfriend it can be hard in the relationship.

Advice to Management

The men deserve a bit more money than they get.

Asplundh2015-12-07