Assemblers Reviews | Glassdoor

Assemblers Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

3.2
Assemblers CEO Mike Giaccone (no image)
Mike Giaccone
Pros
  • "Flexible hours unlimited earnings Potential(in 5 reviews)

• "No pros,this is a scam not a paying job(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is no incentive to do any assembly because you do not get any commission(in 9 reviews)

• "Equals less than minimum wage for back-busting disposal labor(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Assemblers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, fast paced, and plenty of room for career growth

Cons

Not a lot of communication between departments

Assemblers2019-09-04
  2. "Run away"

Current Employee - Area Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Assemblers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pros, are 0. I mean 0

Cons

Payroll and accounting can never get it right to get people paid correct. We have all this so called technology, but we fail every day at properly doing our jobs. Even though it's a payment issue it gets pushed back on the field techs.

Advice to Management

Get out of the office into the field and see what is going on. Get your head away from the computer screen.

Assemblers2019-10-11
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "It is not a bad gig"

Current Employee - Assembler in Webster, TX

I have been working at Assemblers part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work independently, no stress and at the end of the day it is satisfying to look at all the product you assembled.

Cons

Work can be vert slow at times and assembly areas can be very hot at times.

Advice to Management

Many people quit out of frustration because they don’t understand what they are doing and they don’t assembling fast enough to make decent money. A better training program would help.

Assemblers2019-09-18
  5. "More than decent income during the summer season"

Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Assemblers full-time for less than a year

Pros

During summer there's more than-enough money to be made How much you make depends on solely on you Flexible hours Ability to work as many hours as you want (longest I put in one week was 86 hours) Depending on area, limitless products to assemble during summer Paid for 2-week hotel stay Paid mileage

Cons

Seasonal: You work for pennies after summer ends Management is a revolving door Expect no career advancement within company Some stores you work at pay less than others for the same work

Assemblers2019-09-02

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Chatt, TX

I worked at Assemblers full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros. This place is horrible and you will be cursed out and screamed at on a daily basis. Don't ask too many questions.

Cons

Constantly changing policy, no one knows whats going, communication is terrible, management is unprofessional and rude, they only train for literally ONE DAY, it takes forever to get your login information, they don't care about you at all and will fire you as soon as "peak season" is over. They love to change your hours at least once a week because they "can't afford to pay overtime". They don't even pay the... technicians half the time.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate. Treat your employees with respect and not like they're stupid when they ask you a question since this company doesn't know how to even do training. Oh and PAY THE DAMN TECHNICIANS!!

Assemblers2019-07-16

"Paid by the piece, was no pieces to be paid for."

Current Employee - Assembly Technician

I have been working at Assemblers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work. Nice tools. Easy and quick hiring.

Cons

Had to buy some high dollar tools, got very low dollar pay. Were sent to location but location was not expecting us and had nothing for us to do. Went one whole week nothing to do 1 week, and no pieces means no pay.

Advice to Management

Do not hire too many persons for too little pieces. Be more upfront about pay in postings and in interviews.

Assemblers2019-07-14

"Lack of INTEGRITY, COMPETENCY, DEPENDABILITY"

Current Employee - Assembly Technician

I have been working at Assemblers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open force & sales force (3rd party affiliates)

Cons

Preposterous that I knew my area MGRS due diligence for his due process for our(employees) due care for my rights under the , dep of labor

Advice to Management

Show some integrity and moral compass rather than focusing on how to scam the govt and employees

Assemblers2019-07-13

"Enjoyed the actual work. Dealing with management as well as location staff can be stressful."

Former Employee - Assembly Technician

I worked at Assemblers full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you enjoy assembling and working with your hands, this is fun work. You work alone with no distractions. Your productivity determines your pay. If you don't have a strong work ethic or organization, this isn't for you. Need to be quick to learn and figure things out. Don't depend on your trainer. He most likely has no clue what he's doing and acts like he does while speaking to you in a condescending tone.

Cons

Too many to name, but here's a brief rundown. Lots of misleading info in the onboarding process. The recruiter will hype you up and blow a lot of smoke up your tailpipe. Then, there really is no interview. Just the manager trying to convince you of how easy it is to make a highly unrealistic income. Felt more like an MLM presentation than an interview. Realistically, the work is just not there. Even during the... "hot" season, the workload isn't even close to what you'll be sold on. You'll make closer to $10-$12/hr based on your productivity and of course available workload. 30-35 hr workweek is average. You'll drive 45 minutes to a location to find out there is no work or another tech has been sent to the same location. Company has lots of turnover. Partially because this work isn't for everyone. But most likely the miscommunication, inconsistency, and BS from management drives them away. Also new techs aren't properly trained. If you don't already own the tools needed, be prepared to invest approximately $300 on quality tools to do the work effectively and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Invest in the app. It's slow and doesn't run as it should. Several glitches hinder productivity. Better training for new techs. Hire/promote better management.

Assemblers2019-05-25

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Assemblers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can’t think of any pros

Cons

1. Highest turnover I’ve ever seen. Might as well not bother to make friends with anyone, as they might be gone in the next 2 months. 2. Benefits are a joke if you’re married 3. Disorganized 4. No communication from upper management on plans or new managers being hired. You just see some new upper manager walking around without any form of introductory email or anything. Processes may change, and the team that it... effects, will be the absolute last people to hear about them. 5. Holidays: even those in the office only get two holidays off each year; thanksgiving and Christmas. You work every other one with NO HOLIDAY PAY. It’s like working for Scrooge. 6. Blackout dates: they try to blackout about 40-50% of the year during their “peak seasons” so you can’t take a vacation or have pto for anything. Basically, if you get a job offer from there, run. Run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Just do better. Make your employees feel valued and not like rag dolls that you abuse until you toss them aside and get new ones. Provide real benefits to your employees. These are people that are sometimes having to work 50+ hour weeks, and you don’t even give them holiday pay? Oooo potlucks in lieu of holiday pay. Because that’s better somehow? I’ve never felt less valued or appreciated at any other company I’ve... ever worked for. You need to change.

Assemblers2019-06-03

"avoid this company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Assemblers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I guess the location is ok

Cons

god awful company in every respect. Poor management, understaffed, overworked and under paid. Plus customers of constantly angry as we treat them terribly. Promise things we know we cant deliver, stall tactics used to "kick the can" the name of the game here.

Advice to Management

hire more people. stop treating customer like dirt!

Assemblers2019-05-02