Asset Campus Housing Reviews | Glassdoor

Asset Campus Housing Reviews

Found 230 reviews

3.2
Michael S. McGrath
Pros
  • "Asset Campus Housing is a great company to work for(in 12 reviews)

• "Good Pay, Flexible hours if student(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  1. "I've No Issues w/ Asset"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Large company, so you'll have options to move/live almost anywhere throughout the United States. Upper management genuinely cares about growing people within the company. The systems (Entrata) and support team are very quick, which can make the difference when it comes to customer service on site. Not Entrata's are built the same (I've worked for different companies and seen it first hand).

Cons

The company is so large that if you're not proactive about growth, you can easily be overlooked. That's not really a con, but it could be to some. If you're shy or not willing to network...don't expect to grow as fast as you could. Every person may not want to work for a large company.

Advice to Management

Have a conference for onsite employees(LM, Bookkeepers, and CA's) that mimics that one for upper management. Maybe even record pieces of it, so new hires can view a portion. That conference instills so much pride and confidence that I believe it would be your greatest recruiting tool.

"Incompetence and nepotism across the board"

Current Employee - Housing Consultant in Athens, GA

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Property management, while challenging, is rewarding Comparable pay with other property management companies

Cons

Promotion of unqualified individuals through nepotism Micromanagement style stifles productivity and breeds resentment among employees Refuse to spend money to make money; focus instead on squeezing out whatever they can no matter the negative repercussions

Advice to Management

Promote competent and capable individuals from within Spend money on employee-training programs Allow for greater independence instead of overbearing micromanagement

3. "I've been able to learn a lot..."

Current Employee - Community Assistant

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I've loved being able to work with social media, resident events, and prospecting. My general manager has been a great help with pushing my co-workers and I.

Cons

Upper management places a lot of pressure on us to get leases. It's really hard to meet those expectations when we don't feel encouraged by corporate... Corporate really needs to get their stuff together - I'm convinced that 90% of the bad reviews we've received on Google have been from Community Rewards gift cards.

Advice to Management

We want to be the best apartment complex there is. We want our residents to feel loved, safe, and secure. Help all of us out by being prompt and encouraging with us. Another thing that would be a great help would be more training for CAs - I had to learn a lot by myself (which ended up being okay), but I've seen others struggle.

4. "Great time"

Former Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Asset Campus Housing full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Meeting new people and the ability to get out of the office

Cons

The only downside would be the low pay for the amount of stress there is.

5. "Some Great People"

Former Employee - Regional Marketing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Asset Campus Housing full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

The internal people I worked with were great. Able to work from home when not traveling. For most of my time I had freedom to plan my day and priorities.

Cons

Salary. Salary increases not offered annually. Secretive selection of promotions and bonuses. Poor communication regarding department changes. Limited room for advancement. Primarily a traveling role 10 months out of the year.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with communication, bonus structure and pay opportunities.

6. "Okay Place"

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Two great managers, sometimes you really get to help people

Cons

It does feel like people over profits

• "Positive Work Environment for Leasing"

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing full-time

Pros

They really care about their team members. You can get promoted within the company.

Cons

Can be a lot of travel or switching properties

• "Decent Job not good for longevity"

Current Employee - Community Assistant in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing part-time for more than a year

Pros

They reward results, flexible with students.

Cons

Too result driven, not a lot of opportunity for growth.

• "New Dev is run like a disorganized Frat"

Former Employee - Lease Up Specialist

I worked at Asset Campus Housing full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity if you are looking to get into new dev. This is a great department if you are a white republican who use to be in a frat in college, then you will fit right in.

Cons

the new dev department feels like its run by a bunch of guys who use to be in a fraternity but never grew up. They do not seem to care about people in the slightest only results. Upper management is very unprofessional and makes inappropriate and sometimes racist, sexist jokes on the regular.

Advice to Management

Learn how to support your employees better, the lack of infrastructure for a company this large blows my mind. Value people first, then results second.

• "Housing Students"

Current Employee - Community Assistant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Asset Campus Housing part-time for more than a year

Pros

Has Commission, Part Time, Paid Time off

Cons

Limited Full Time Positions, Tough to acquire commission

Advice to Management

Add more Full Time Positions

Found 230 reviews