Asset Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Dave Ring

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Having worked for a variety of Sales Organizations, I can attest to the fact that Asset Marketing Services provides SUPERIOR Sales Training (in 5 reviews)

• Those who work hard are rewarded with the opportunity to make life changing income (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The sales goals are first and the customer definitely does not come first (in 3 reviews)

• you are crammed into tiny cubicles and can hear every other sales rep trying to close a sale (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Management Employee"

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pro's far out weigh any negatives! The coin industry is unique and it's interesting. The company is investing in the positive changes that will help grow and scale the business. We have the right leadership team in place and many of us in the company are really excited about that. Change is a way life at Asset so if that is challenging for anyone interested in joining the company, that may be hard for you. I personally enjoy it and it can be refreshing knowing if something is not working, we will look to change it without a lot of bureaucracy.

Asset is a good place to work, learn, and grow! The benefits are competitive and new training efforts are in place to help employees learn the business. Good things happening here!

Cons

The company has gone through a lot of changes but like with any company, the changes are necessary to adjust on how we do business and how we service our customers. This company is in much need of new processes and systems. With change comes frustration. I have experienced that here at Asset but nothing that stops me from getting things done. With the right leadership we can over come the frustration and we have that here with our management team. It's the right company for the right person who wants to contribute and make a difference. If your looking for a place to hang your hat and collect a paycheck, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. I especially like where we are headed with our Marketing efforts.

2. "Product Development"

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to be creative and brainstorm fresh ideas that can have significant impacts on company performance. Opportunities to advance quickly. Helpful co-workers that embody a team focused approach to assist in problem solving. Ability to work independently to achieve individual goals and tasks while also coordinating with other departments to drive performance.

Cons

ERP system is outdated. Major emphasis on attention to detail is needed. Meeting deadlines can be stressful at times.

3. "Account Manager Position"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Account Manager in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Account Manager in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great earning potential in a fascinating business. Always have new and interesting product to offer customers. Wonderful, supportive staff and a relaxed yet focused environment.

Cons

Can be stressful at times as with any sales job. Company needs to focus on bringing in more qualified customer names.

4. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love it here! Flexible hours, great management and great co-workers. A serious ability to make uncapped income! Products can be exclusives and people love to buy coins!

Cons

Sales is tough, but once you build your base, work/life balance is the best! You work in cubicles, but honestly I see it as a positive. I wouldn't want to work in a closed door office. It really helps to hear others and how they approach being successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to help us grow! Incentives are great sales tools.

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced fun work environment!
    Everyone that works here is friendly and supportive.
    Feels like family.

Cons

Really can't think of any cons.

6. "BEST Sales Position I have EVER held!"

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager - Sales in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Executive Account Manager - Sales in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked for a variety of Sales Organizations, I can attest to the fact that Asset Marketing Services provides SUPERIOR Sales Training. Other Sales Training Programs I have had at other firms pale by comparison. Asset Marketing, LLC and GovMint.com are passionate about coin collecting - the history and education, the beauty, the scarcity and rarity, the condition and grade, the pride of ownership and the legacy of coins for their clients and future generations of clients. This is NOT a company that sells coins for sale's sake - they bring history into the hands of collectors through their Numismatic and Bullion offerings. It is wonderful to work for a company where the employees in every department are collectors themselves and understand the passion and thrill-of-the-hunt of coin collecting from personal experience.

This is a fast-paced environment; new offerings occur several times a week. I feel like a kid in a candy store every day because I never know when I walk in the door what wonderful coin I will be able to offer my clients. The variety is extensive and with a broad base of customers that collect U.S. and World Mint coins, I never lack an exciting coin opportunity to share with them - many of which are EXCLUSIVE and unavailable anywhere else.

With Asset's buying clout, my clients are able to obtain Ancient Coins, too. It was pure joy to be able to secure an early Greek Olympic Coin from 250-200 BC whose documented Pedigree showed it was discovered buried near the ruins of the First Ancient Olympic Stadium for one of my clients !

This company is the PREMIER Coin Company in the United States - maybe in the world! Their over 3 decades-long company history, coupled with unparalleled coin knowledge cumulatively spanning over 250 years with the Buyers, Sales Managers and Executive Team has given Asset Marketing, LLC and GovMint.com the opportunity to establish exclusive relationships with world mints across the globe that other coin companies only dream they had. We on the Sales Team reap the benefits of these relationships by being able to offer coin opportunities to our clients found nowhere else. Because of our extensive marketing channels, our customers are able to own elite collectible coins that very few people even get a chance to hear about, let alone own, because we have Exclusive Rights to them.

The compensation is a base + commission. If you work hard, you are well-rewarded for your sales. A person with a poor work ethic won't do well here. Even if you don't have previous coin knowledge, your training will equip you to become an elite coin concierge and employ you in a job you are proud of.

Leads are provided for you through EXTENSIVE Advertising, Marketing and other channels; no one has to generate their own leads.

Employees are treated with respect and dignity. When I had a life-threatening illness, I was given an extremely flexible work schedule to accommodate my numerous doctor appointments and I was never made to feel that my job should come first. Their sincere desire to work with me and help me return to health is an ongoing situation and they have always treated me with the idea that my health comes first. Never in my working career have I seen a company that truly lives their I.C.A.R.E. philosophy and puts their employees first and their most important company resource! It is a privilege and honor to work for this company who put me and my health first.

My company also offers incentives like: cash awards, trips, golf and other types of day or weekend outings, various types of merchandise from which you can select your choice of product, gift cards, time off with pay, dinners and Happy Hour get-togethers as a reward for sales and/or a job well done and an annual company picnic where food, games and prizes are provided. They also have a "President's Club" in which Top Performers are rewarded for their sales achievements. I appreciate it that this is divided by each individual's annual sales goals, so no matter what category of Sales Representative you are in and how much tenure with the company you have, each Sales Representative has an equal chance at achieving President's Club status.

In addition, there is a "Million Dollar Club" in which you get recognition and rewards for the million dollar milestones you reach in your sales achievements.

Cons

The ONLY Con I can think of is that the Commission Structure changes frequently. I wish they would decide on a Commission Plan and then stick with it.

Advice to Management

When a Sales Representative is on Medical Leave, temporarily distribute their clients to the whole sales floor, not just the Team in which the Sales Representative is a part of because this would be a fairer way of distribution.

Also, when someone is on Medical Leave, currently 100% of the Board Volume goes to the person on Medical Leave, but 100% of the Commissions from those sales go to the Sales Representative making the sales on the behalf of the person on Medical Leave. Medical Leave is stressful enough without adding the strain of no Commissions coming in. I believe the person on Medical Leave should earn 100% of the Board Volume and 25% of the Commissions from the sales made on their behalf so that at least a little income is generated to ease the strain of zero income.

7. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique product, exciting direction within marketing. People are great, and location is ideal. Day to day is always changing, which keeps things exciting. Always a new challenge to overcome. Small team so everyone matters - great work/life balance with plenty of growth opportunity.

Cons

Communication between departments sometimes is lacking. Separate sick days would be nice. Niche market which is shrinking

Advice to Management

More team events, Reward non-sales employees as well

8. "Solid Company with room to grow"

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Solid working environment with clear lines of communications between teams and departments, office is in a decent location that is easy to get to from just about anywhere, proactive management trying to solve problems while they are still small and easier to deal with, and good benefits.

Cons

A little behind technologically for best practices, sometimes falls into the trap of "we've always done things this way" thinking making new ideas somewhat hard to get off the ground, groups can get siloed within themselves, and sometimes fail to see that you either pay in time or pay in money to do something.

Advice to Management

See that the world has changed and to compete we need to be nimble enough to respond quickly, do not be afraid to fail especially if we fail quickly in order to learn and move on, and invest in the people & infrastructure that makes people want to stay at a company.

9. "Bright Future"

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Historically very customer centric
    Great knowledge of experts in the industry

Cons

The niche industry can take time to understand.
    Matrix organization means managers must coordinate plans to avoid conflict.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep strong on boarding program updated, and message vision to current team.

10. "Creative"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The coin industry is very interesting. Product development is bringing in new items all the time. Some of the coolest items are old coins from thousands of years ago (coins that you have read about in the Bible) to treasures brought up from sunken ships. Our creative group creates multiple catalogs, print ads, direct mail pieces, package inserts and much more. We are also involved in creating emails, banners web content and videos. So much variety. There is something new to work on all the time.

Cons

communication and process improvements