Assisted Living Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

1.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO
1 Rating

Pros
  • Very caring staff that wants to do the right thing by their residents (in 6 reviews)

• Could have been a very nice place had it been taken care of properly and given the financial means to do so (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • ALC has no business being in the people caring business, Upper Management is not genuine,Concerned or Caring about their employees or residents (in 30 reviews)

• They are rarely in the house instead managing by email and conference calls (in 27 reviews)

1. "Not again."

Former Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were great and hardworking. CNA'S really cared about the residents.

Cons

Upper management is only concerned with numbers. There were often times when there weren't enough staff to properly care for residents.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving community to boost occupancy. Under staffing is dangerous.

2. "Difficult task, but good learning experience"

Pros

Unlimited resources, and educational offerings. Support from upper management was strong. Detailed model to follow with proven results. Ability to learn from others.

Cons

Conference calls. Micromanagement. Job expectation are high and require a lot more thsn normal amount of time and effort to be completed

3. "Do not care about residents"

Former Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Millville, NJ
    Former Employee - Residence Sales Manager in Millville, NJ

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice buildings with potential... Could have been a very nice place had it been taken care of properly and given the financial means to do so

Cons

Do not care about clients at all. (The corporation, the staff did try but we're very limited with resources and hours) Under staffed. Staff underpaid. No cook half the time. Unqualified people giving medication. Horrible benefits. Very low census rate. The people were paying a lot of money to be there and none was given back to run the building.

5. "RN"

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly and caring staff within the house, resident's were well taken care of when staffing was as it should have been all the time.

Cons

Management cared more about retaining and gaining new resident's then they did about retaining their staff. Aides were paid well below area pay rates.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better, better pay and benefits especially for aides. Increase staffing ratios. Visit houses more often and meet with staff to find out what the needs are of the house.

6. "Caregiver, Med Aid"

Former Employee - Caregiver/Medaide in Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Caregiver/Medaide in Camas, WA

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smiles right to your face

Cons

Pees down your back and tells you its raining

Advice to Management

quite being fake. How can corporate nurse not know how to use a glucose meter?,

7. "sales director"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Montgomery, TX
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Montgomery, TX

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

helping seniors have their independence

Cons

turn over in employees and management is crazy

8. "Residence Director"

Pros

Meeting wonderful residents that want and deserve being taken care.

Cons

Very, Very, poor management. It was all about numbers and who was in control. Worst company I have ever worked for in my 20 plus years in the workforce.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, so they will be able and willing to take care of your customers.

9. "Med Tech/Caregiver"

Former Employee - Med Tech/Caregiver in Garden City, ID
    Former Employee - Med Tech/Caregiver in Garden City, ID

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts full-time

Pros

I can't think of a single good thing to say about this company....

Cons

The nurse would come to work on a regular basis drunk... At times she would even go as far as calling us at home to yell at us for something she did while intoxicated. This place is all about making a buck however they can. They don't care about there residents or their employees. Probably one of the worst places I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually care about their job and take better care of your residents.

10. "Sales and Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Troy, OH
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Troy, OH

I worked at Assisted Living Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed enviroment, friendly staff and residents

Cons

Low Pay, low pay, low pay

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people and good things will happen

"Hopeful but still feeling dubious"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Assisted Living Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the opportunity to have varied responsibilities every day.....I never know what a day will look like when I walk in the door and that keeps things fresh and keeps me energized....Love the residents and their families........love my staff- they work so hard and show compassion each day....

Cons

The recent change in the organizational chart with the Executive Director finally having supervision over the CSM and CRM is long overdue but will not help the situation if the ED is not truly able to hold these critical team members accountable. Being told by the RDO that the only notable change would be that the EDs will now be the ones approving exception reports and expense reports seems to defeat the purpose.........that is the least of what needs to change. The CRM doesn't even work a full 8 hour day, never follows through with responsibilities, makes excuses for why he can't get his responsibilities accomplished and the ED is not allowed to require more of him.....the CSM makes numerous clinical mistakes and when those are brought to the regional team, the ED is challenged for not being a team player and for being mean spirited. Unbelievable! Accountability is supposed to be the new mantra but it's only being given lip service- none of the changes on this level are real. The wages are also unreasonably low for the expectations on the house team and direct care providers......the work-life balance is ridiculous. In order to meet the expectations given the entire team needs to be equally committed........when 2/3 of the house leadership are allowed to do whatever they want, work few hours, not be accountable, etc- the ED has NO HOPE of a good balance of work and life..... have been looking for a new position daily for months now. There is no equity in how people are treated by the regional team. It's ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Please realize that in many ways you all are on the right track but that the Regional Team is not representing the changes you say you want implemented in the way most of us think you intended. We appreciate your efforts and ideas but shutting out the house team from real communication with the Divisional Team is a huge mistake. The regional team does NOT want to hear any realities, they just want us to tell them we are all a happy team and that it's all OK........it's not and we are not given any opportunity without the fear of punitive action to express that. More communication between the Divisional Teams and the House leadership will be critical in truly moving your new agenda forward.