Associated Banc-Corp Branch Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

3.9
Associated Banc-Corp CEO Philip B. (Phil) Flynn
Philip B. (Phil) Flynn

"background info for part time teller position requested"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp part-time

Pros

career opportunities and personal financial advice

Cons

potential for adverse action including robbery from public

Associated Banc-Corp2019-01-07
    • "Sales"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong company, decent salary and room for growth.

Cons

Getting vary sales heavy and micromanaged. Company losing value of people and just worried about sales

Associated Banc-Corp2018-11-12
    • "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company allows employees a lot of room for growth. Annual raises! Company has many classroom training classes to prepare there people! Focus is customer service and the rest will follow! Great benefits! They even have a pension still for there employees!

Cons

You really have to work hard for the incentive plans but I wouldn't really consider hard work to be a con.

Advice to Management

Focusing on the behaviors around customer service and the results will follow for our shareholders.

Associated Banc-Corp2017-06-13
    • "I enjoy working here!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started at Associated in May 2016, but have been in banking 20 years. I appreciate the great efforts by leadership to be transparent and to respond to the concerns of the teams. We work together to serve customers and while other companies may say it, here we are allowed to take the time to make our customers' happy.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for advancement unless a person is willing to relocate to Green Bay, but there are plenty of opportunities to allow one to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - not being a pioneer, but a quick adapter has worked well.

Associated Banc-Corp2017-03-11
    • "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in River Falls, WI

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay. Decent Benefits. Generous PTO. Good people to work with at the branch & district level. Decent technology.

Cons

Too much high-level management. Decisions don't always make sense for the branch level. Continued branch consolidation over last 4 years adds to job insecurity.

Advice to Management

Involve branch-level employees in corporate committees.

Associated Banc-Corp2017-01-03

"Horrible place that has no morals or respect for people."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay, the pto, some co-workers. They are trying to improve on technology but are still 5 years behind the times.

Cons

Management feels the need to insult, harass and provoke employees in front of colleagues. When an employee reports this type of harassment, they are told that they have to adjust to a different type of managing style. Dm, branch mangers, operations managers and HR all cover each other. Company is so focused on Wisconsin that they turn a blind eye to this. This is a low class company.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to Chicago area. Flynn needs to focus on employees and how they are treated instead of only caring about OCC and driving revenue. Show respect to employees and stop letting the boys and girls clubs ruin employees trust. Change the culture of this corrupt institution.

Associated Banc-Corp2014-06-01

"Retail Banking is dying"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has an excellent core group of dedicated employees who know what is going on, have a sense of what it takes to really get the job done, and love what they do despite the challenges.

Cons

Shareholder pressures are lethal to the retail bank. This compression forces extreme measures by upper management that translate into unrealistic sales goals while cutting FTE. The results are shadow sales goals, and less than 1% of branch management making bonus. There are cliques that are hard to break into, and a lot of decisions are made without thinking of real world impact.

Advice to Management

Since it seems that the traditional retail branch model is dying due to increases in use of electronic forms of banking. Change the model to reflect this change, instead of just arbitrarily raising the sales goals or instituting slicker sales programs.

Associated Banc-Corp2013-09-12

"Strong Growth, Worth Your Time."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp

Pros

Growing Company. Many positions available and room from growth as we grow. Friendly staff and well educated. Its nice to finally work for a financial with a lot of experienced staff with many years of experience. Everything from working within the company and previous experience.

Cons

Growing too fast at times. Need to take a step back and re-organize some departments to ensure we do not out grow our current companies needs.

Advice to Management

Organized and well focused. Keeps the staff on all levels informed on new promotions and happenings within the company.

Associated Banc-Corp2008-07-31
    • "Good Bank to work for"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp

Pros

smaller bank where one person can make a difference. Low and attainable goals. Good work life balance. Ability to make monthly and quarterly sales bonus.

Cons

No advancement, Hire outside company to fill manager positions, No marketing to promote bank. Potential customers have never heard of Associated Bank.

Advice to Management

Start advertising in every market you have branches and you will see impressive results and growth. Give your own people a chance when management positions come available.

Associated Banc-Corp2011-08-10