Associated Banc-Corp Customer Care Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

3.8
Associated Banc-Corp CEO Philip B. (Phil) Flynn
Philip B. (Phil) Flynn
  1. "Customer Care Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was decent for a part-time gig, very flexible scheduling, on-the-job training provided.

Cons

They say that they thrive when their employees are empowered, this is 100% false as they constantly change policy to make representatives' jobs harder. There's almost nothing a representative can do to satisfy a customer anymore, and most customers figure this out and just demand to speak to a supervisor. Morale is low, and turnover is high.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees, especially your senior representatives, to do their jobs, instead of taking away rights and privileges from them for issues they had nothing to do with.

Associated Banc-Corp2018-03-11

"Wasn't a bad place to work, just not for long term"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, decent benefits. It was a great place to work the first two years I was there.

Cons

Ridiculous sick time policy, Only 3 occurrences in 12 month period, regardless of Doctors Notes, which is unrealistic if you have children that you might need to take time off to take care of as well.

Advice to Management

A good way to boost morale would be to treat employees less like machines and more like humans. Also, not wise to lie about promotions and dangle them out there like a carrot when you have no intention of actually giving them. After 5 years of working there, I realized there was no room for advancement.

Associated Banc-Corp2016-02-15

"Soul sucking office job."

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Stevens Point, WI

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good for the area. You will be appreciated for your work by the others in customer care. They constantly need new people so getting in shouldnt be tough.

Cons

You will start on retail deposits, which is the most volatile line. People generally only call when they have issues on their account, and generally don't appreciate the automated ivr messages leading to their access to a rep. I've been sworn at, shouted at, i've had people threaten me, and i've been sent to the bathroom with tears in my eyes after a particularly bad customer. This job was the first job to offer me...

Advice to Management

Don't sweat the small stuff. An individual employee is urged to take more contacts with a shorter time, expected to reduce their follow up time to nothing, expected to have 0 fee refunds when the calls they get are randomly selected, and expected to do all this while multitasking several customers at once. When I first joined the customer was the most important aspect of the job, but lately the job has needed the focus...

Associated Banc-Corp2015-11-07