Associated Banc-Corp "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Associated Banc-Corp Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 16, 2019

Found 319 reviews

3.7
Associated Banc-Corp CEO Philip B. (Phil) Flynn
Philip B. (Phil) Flynn
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management states they provide tons of training, yet middle management throttles that off(in 14 reviews)

• "Depending on staffing in individual branch, can run into issues with work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Can be a great place to work for in IT. You just have to be in the right group."

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Technical skills needed and valued highly. Work environment finally has a decent work/life balance

Cons

You can wait forever for any promotion if you are in the wrong work group. Upper management states they provide tons of training, yet middle management throttles that off.

Advice to Management

Provide a clear path for advancement for all employees and communicate it well all the way down the line. You've done great getting a work/life balance philosophy in place so pat yourself on the back for that. Upper management needs to know more about what middle management is telling workers in IT about training opportunities.

Associated Banc-Corp2018-04-07
  2. "Senior Teller"

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp part-time

Pros

Customers and colleagues are great!

Cons

Sales culture and upper management

Advice to Management

Chill out clowns!

Associated Banc-Corp2017-10-09

"Hard to move up"

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp

Pros

Pretty good PTO, opportunities to move to different branches closer to where you live, good transition job for someone to get a foot into banking or someone going to school.

Cons

Not a great company to have a career with unless you can brown-nose your way into where you want to get. Upper management is VERY disconnected with what it's like working at the branch level for the past few years, at least in my district. Also in my district, upper management also plays favorites. They pick and chose who they want to...

Advice to Management

Our district has MASSIVE turnover, I've heard some of the worst in the company. If they actually gave people the opportunities they have earned and deserve, they would have much better employee retention.

Associated Banc-Corp2016-10-12
  4. "Positive but a few misses"

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great CEO, transparent, honest, colleague resource groups, customer focused

Cons

Pay can be under market, middle management needs to share same visions as upper management, better investment in technology, need to offer remote working positions, better health benefits

Advice to Management

Doing great with getting employee's opinions but people in the middle management roles need to be willing to change. If there are technology changes there needs to be better testing/business line involvement in the selection of the product as otherwise it causes frustration for the end users.

Associated Banc-Corp2016-08-16
  5. "Universal banker"

Current Employee - Universal Banker in South Madison, WI

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, good pay and the district manager is great

Cons

very immature upper management. Terrible work life balance and managers who have no respect for ones personal life and their religious beliefs. The team I worked with were very unprofessional and did no training with me and I got thrown in situations that completely made me feel uncomfortable because I was unfamiliar with what I was doing. Do not work for this company

Advice to Management

Good luck with all the turn over

Associated Banc-Corp2016-03-16
  6. "Wouldn't ever work for this company again."

Former Employee - Teller Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing positive to say as I was in management. Bankers had good options to make additional money from sales competitions. Tellers were only given $5 per closed referral, after threshold was hit. Credit card referrals were usually stolen by bankers which negated the ability to participate in those contests for decent amounts of money.

Cons

No ability to advance in IL Understaffed, given guilt trip if you call in sick or take vacation. Expected to do the job of more then one person. Upper management doesnt care and expects overtime if needed.

Advice to Management

Staff your branches. Your turnover rate is way too high due to employees being overworked or made to feel guilty if they want to take vacation or stay home when they are sick.

Associated Banc-Corp2015-12-30
  7. "Bad"

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp

Pros

Work is consistent and overtime is available- though often mandatory.

Cons

Bad environment for everyone. Little concern for the small employees and decisions made by upper management with no input from employees.

Associated Banc-Corp2015-10-17

"Not a bad company, just a bad department."

Current Employee - Customer Care Lead in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customer Care staff is very wonderful-everyone is caring and friendly. The pay is nice, and the company provides great benefits. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Upper management is very oblivious to the needs of the department. The expectations placed on the employees and lower management are unreasonably high.

Advice to Management

Address staffing concerns before it's too late and it gets taken out on the staff that remains. Be aware of what the job entails before you try to place restrictions and/or tell the department we are doing it wrong.

Associated Banc-Corp2015-03-30

"Was excited at first but learned quickly"

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp

Pros

-Decent PTO amounts -Company Match -Pension Plan -Made some friends

Cons

-Upper management plays favorites. It is a 'good ol boys club' -If you quit before you earn what PTO you use it gets deducted from your last check. -They charge you a big fee when you roll over your 401k after you leave the company -Pay is a joke. People were amazed when I told them I only made 12.50 an hour with an unattainable bonus structure and horribly strict merit increase...

Advice to Management

Pay a living wage based on the actual cost of living in the markets you serve. Care more about employees and you can still have a stock price that your shareholders can handle. Its not all about the shareholder, FYI... Realize that.

Associated Banc-Corp2014-05-26

"My experience was good up until I found out my job was being relocated."

Former Employee - Lending Specialist in La Crosse, WI

I worked at Associated Banc-Corp full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility, compensation, location, opportunity, products

Cons

Upper management decisions and handling of situations

Advice to Management

Listen to your subordinates

Associated Banc-Corp2014-02-12