Associated Occupational Therapists Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 29, 2017

4.7
Hanna Gruen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Flexibility and Highly Qualified Coworkers"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Associated Occupational Therapists Inc. part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for AOT, inc. for about 13 years as an OT. They provide their therapists (OT and PT) with flexibility to work casually, part time or full time. They provide a variety of benefits such as continuing education opportunities, summers off (if you choose), as well as health insurance and a 401K (to name just a few). My coworkers are extremely competent, highly knowledgeable and well rounded. The company has a very "family" feel and most everyone is very pleasant to work with. Because the company is owned and operated by an OT, you don't feel like you have to explain and defend your profession (like I found myself having to do at other agencies). All the supervisors continue to treat clients and therefore understand the details of the job.

Cons

Although there is plenty of support via supervisors, resources and administrative staff, you need to be able fairly autonomous and competent in your skills since you are usually working as the only OT in most settings (school aged, outpatient, home based). If you need a lot of hand holding or want to work side by side another OT this may not be the best place setting for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job of running a company that has a great reputation of providing high quality OT and PT services. I am always proud to say I work for AOT, inc.
    The CEO is NOT the person listed below.

2. "Certified Occupational Therapist Licensed"

Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapist Licensed in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapist Licensed in Coraopolis, PA

Pros

Good Flexibility in reference to hours, Time off, Ability to move around within the company, Good Work Relationships, ability to travel around, indirect supervision

Cons

Payscale could be higher, unpaid vacation time, unpaid sick time, no health, dental, or vision benefits, no retirement of pension packages

Advice to Management

better sommunication between associates and employers, listen to employees who are on the field doing the work more often, more contact with those who contract our services