KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Association Headquarters Reviews

Updated Oct 28, 2021

Found 78 of over 79 reviews

3.6
Association Headquarters President and CEO 	Bob Waller, CAE  (no image)
Bob Waller, CAE
Pros
  • "Early-out Fridays in the summer(in 12 reviews)

• "Depending on what department you work in great work life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "AH clients are non-profit associations, some of which have limited resources(in 8 reviews)

• "Not enough opportunity for growth and low pay(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Solid for people who take their career seriously

Oct 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior leaders truly care about the employee experience. It's an entrepreneurial organization, and those who want to pursue professional development have that opportunity here. You can do your best work at AH and be recognized.

Cons

Working on different teams with different organizations and nonprofits means that your experience might be different as an employee. The AH culture doesn't always extend to the volunteers and boards we work with.

2. 5.0

Great Company, Great Culture

Sep 21, 2021 - Meeting Planner in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, room for growth, professional development

Cons

No cons to report. I loved my time here.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great ownership team who continuously invests in their people. Great place to learn new skills.

Cons

While you can climb up the ladder to a certain extent, growth is limited to individuals primarily with a CAE.

Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback. Best of luck in your future!

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to start your career, but don't stay long

Aug 5, 2021 - Digital Marketing Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is decent and exposure to a lot of different work. Everyone in the company knows each other and the people really make it great.

Cons

It doesn't pay enough, and expectations are really high. It's great for entry-level work, but staying too long can make it difficult to transition to a larger company/ industry. Associations are often dated in terms of technology, and AH's work practices are often dated for that reason.

1 person found this review helpful

Partner

We thank you for the overall positive comments regarding AH. We appreciate ongoing feedback and strive to ensure that all voices are heard. We completely understand that working for non-profits presents a very different set of dynamics and challenges Thankfully AH has had a long history of growth which has provided our staff with many opportunities for advancement, both in terms of broader experiences with larger more complex organizations, as well as promotion opportunities within individual departments. We are very proud that we have many long-term staff and continue to celebrate all major anniversary milestones – 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 even 35 years of service. Input like this is very helpful as we continue to strive to be a best places to work as recognized by the staff.

5. 4.0

Good place to work

Jul 19, 2021 - Executive Director in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, smart people, dedicated leadership

Cons

The HQ is in NJ!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

.45cent raise in 3 years

Jul 15, 2021 - Meeting Coordinator in Mount Laurel, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

-good company culture -flex hours -early out fridays

Cons

-Difficult to move up - low pay -high turnover

Partner

We always appreciate constructive suggestions/comments/recommendations from staff and thank those individuals who have submitted comments using Glassdoor. As with many companies, 2020 provided many challenges. We were unwavering in our commitment to the health and safety of our staff and thankfully were able to arrange for every member of the staff to move to a remote environment. At the same time, we worked with many of our clients who had to scale back their services, thus reducing revenue to the company. We were steadfast in ensuring we retained our staff and made several difficult decisions regarding holding off on any salary increases. However, unlike many other companies, we were able to payout year-end bonuses. Throughout 2020, based on staff input, we were able to continue to engage in regular Zoom sessions with staff in order to ensure they remained connected. We were also able to host some fun virtual staff engagement sessions (Bingo, trivia, health, and wellness etc.) in keeping with our outstanding culture. Although 2021 remains a little “cloudy” as to how the year will progress, the decision we have made to provide increases to all our hard working and committed staff was very important to us. We are very thankful to all of our team members who are committed to providing our client partners with world class customer service.

7. 1.0

Not much to brag about

Jul 12, 2021 - Program Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work environment, gym on site, early out days

Cons

bad firm, no growth, good for experience that's it pay and benefits are brutal

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Jun 2, 2021 - Marketing Project Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about its employees

Cons

Salaries could be more competitive

9. 1.0

Do not work here.

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous PTO, Summer Friday’s, Flex scheduling

Cons

One of the most frustrating and horrible jobs I have ever had. You will have to beg to be trained by your manager. They will tell you they don’t have the time to train you and that you should use google. Because you will not be trained, you will make mistakes, and you will be slapped on the wrist and spoken to like you are a child. You work in constant fear of being fired. Management has little to no personality and will leave you feeling like you are working with robots for 40+ hours a week. Listen to the negative reviews listed on this site and do not work here. I wish I would’ve taken these negative reviews into more consideration prior to taking the role.

2 people found this review helpful

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

A good place to work in South Jersey

Feb 25, 2021 - Executive Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Convenient location, flexible scheduling available, advancement opportunities

Cons

Frequent staffing turnover, salary less than competitive

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Reviews