- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Elgin, IL
- - Hammond, IN
- - Elmhurst, IL
- - Michigan
- - Detroit, MI Area
- - Troy, MI
- - Indiana
Found 53 of over 57 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
I recently received an offer from iProspect (part of Dentsu) I’ve heard ups and downs about this company. I currently work for a great company and not sure if I should leave. The new opportunity pays a lot more than I currently make. Does anyone have any advice about this company and whether I should take the job or not?
Senior Vice President
Role at WPP OpenX new company ? I was approached for regional role. I’m still wrapping my brain around the model. Seems good? Always hard to say from ppt slides vs reality. Any thoughts or insights? What’s the culture like? Vision? Leadership? Any pros/cons appreciated
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Upcoming and entertaining work environment" (in 6 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 6 reviews)
- "Everyone is very friendly and welcoming." (in 4 reviews)
- "Ability to move up to high management within first couple of years through a hard work ethic" (in 4 reviews)
- "The 12 month management training program is awesome." (in 4 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 6, 2016 - Account Manager in Elmhurst, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work environment is really easy going and focused around development of employees. Everyone is very eager to help each other out and most projects are team based. Everyone is very open and asking questions is encouraged. Since being here I've seen a lot of room for advancement and I've been given a lot of chances to travel.
Health benefits take a while to start. They have a strict late policy, which is a con if you're driving in from the city, where traffic can be hard to predict. Dress is always formal so I had to buy a new suit a few weeks into the position.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 8, 2014 - Account Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
This is my first "real" job after graduating from UIC and I could not be more grateful for the opportunity! Everyone has such an up-beat and welcoming personality, it was non threatening and I was treated as a member of the team immediately. The training has been so thorough, I feel that I've learned more in my three months here than I did all four years of college. It's also really cool to see the owner in the office every day leading meetings, training new employees and even hanging out after business hours with the rest of the team. I can't wait to get promoted to Management by the end of October and continue to grow with Assurance.
Definitely not the position for someone who's afraid of hard work. Everyone is held to high standards and is expected to deliver on a daily basis.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 9, 2014 - Account Representative in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Right from the start I was able to work directly with upper management, and the owner. Everyone in the office always has a really positive attitude. Also, during my time here we have been able to consult and represent Fortune 500 corporations. And the best part is that they only promote from within, and there is endless opportunity for advancement within the company.
This is not a company where you can come in and try to slide by and not put in any effort. It is a smaller company, so you get to know your co-workers really well, and cannot come into work with a negative attitude.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 14, 2014 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have never worked for any other company who had such a positive work environment. The training is very hands on and thorough. The management training program really motivates me to work hard to achieve my goals because the opportunity for growth is outstanding. It's nice to work in a company that has no ceiling. They are very team oriented and to say it's a fast paced environment would be an understatement! Another pro for me is during my time at Assurance I've had the opportunity to travel the country which I have really enjoyed.
They do work very hard for their clients. This is definitely not a place for somebody who is just looking for a job to pass the time. People that aren't self-motivated or driven probably won't do well here.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 19, 2014 - Account Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It's and amazing thing when you can wake up every morning and love going to work. The atmosphere of this business is like nothing I've ever seen before, to have a bunch of individuals that not only care about their future but your own as well is unheard of. Assurance International really takes the team environment to the next level by really getting interactive and making sure every team member is reaching their desired potential, whether it be through group learning activities or individual meetings to set and achieve goals.
This isn't really a con, but the opportunity is reliant on a high student mentality and really learning as much as possible, so if you're looking for a nine to five where you just punch in and out, this job is not for you.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 28, 2016 - Account Manager in Elmhurst, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The account manager role is great for an entry level candidate. The company emphasizes hands on training and spends a lot of time during the first month training individuals. There are several areas for positions to grow into and it seems most people are there for the long term. Very positive work environment and people are friendly and generally helpful.
Longer than average work hours. Most of the team starts work at 8, so can hit rush hour on way in. The fast paced environment isn't for everyone and many people have to do some studying of training materials outside of work. Dress is professional attire only.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 16, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Office has a gorgeous view of Chicago. Absolutely stunning view. The people are friendly enough, at least to your face.
Assurance International does not have any of the positions they list on job websites. They advertise business management internships, public relations internships, advertising internships, marketing internships, etc. However, not of these positions actually exist. This is a door-to-door sales job, an aspect of the company that they skirt around in interviews. They present themselves to you as a fun and exciting company with a lot of different opportunities with a lot of room to learn and grow. While this may be true, you will spend years selling Comcast Business Class before you get the chance to run your own pyramid scheme. All you do is go door-to-door and try to con businesses into buying Comcast. If you prove yourself worthy, you can interview potential employees in the hopes that they will buy into the scheme and follow suit. This is absolutely not what you think it is, but if you want to put in 50+ hour work weeks selling Comcast to small companies and then 10 years from now you run a company that does the same, then this position is for you.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Great work environment - Beautiful Office space - Great people to work with Assurance offers an opportunity to grow within the company. The people that I work with are great. I got promoted very quickly and look forward to learning more skills. This is a great opportunity for people who are self-motivated, like myself.
- Parking - Commute - Hard Work Office is located downtown so parking can be a pain. I chose to use the train because it was easier. It is hard work, too. It is not a so-called clock-in, clock-out type of position. It is only for people who are passionate and hard working.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 26, 2016 - Account Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Individualized training from my first day was really good. Each employee seems to be very invested in the success of those around them. Co-workers go out of their way to get to know you and that makes coming into work a lot more enjoyable. Monday-Friday work schedule is always a positive also.
A high expectation is set for everyone which can take some time to adjust to. Most of the work is team based, so if you like strictly working by yourself this might not be the best fit. Making your way downtown can be congested in the morning.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 3, 2014 - Account Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company offers a fun and upbeat work environment. Management is very open across all levels of employees. If you're looking to professional develop, there are more then enough people that are willing to provide the right coaching. The training is very hands on and they teach at a personalized level.
Benefits typically take 30 days to kick in. Management has higher expectations for employees than many companies I have worked for in the past, but that's not necessarily bad for someone looking for a career.Continue reading
Assurance International Reviews FAQs
Assurance International has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Assurance International to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
69% of Assurance International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Assurance International 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.