Assurant Loss Draft Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

1.8
Alan Colberg
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility with work from home policy (although seems inconsistent by team)" (in 87 reviews)

• "Schedule/Atmosphere/Activities/Work-life Balance/Location/Clean Facility/Charity Work/Sports/Cafeteria on Site" (in 51 reviews)

Cons

1. "Friendly, Helpful Environment"

Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Springfield, OH

I have been working at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're lucky like me, you'll have a wonderful unit manager, team lead, and senior specialist who are always available to talk if you have questions or concerns. It never feels awkward asking for help from any of them, and my manager always keeps me informed of anything I've asked her about previously.

There are plenty of chances to learn something new. When I started in Feburary I was only working follow up claims but have since learned how to work several different other queues and am currently in charge of the GAP report for my team which is exciting.

It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere in my department. The workflow is pretty easy and very rarely do I have to deal with escalated customers. As long as you pay attention and make the people on the other end of the phone feel like they're human beings, it's a relatively stress-free time.

The days usually go by pretty fast.

Upper management are very outgoing and approachable.

The break rooms are fabulous! There's a cafeteria in the main building with a rotating menu of items to choose from, and then in the two other buildings there are (usually) fully stocked fridges with meals for breakfast and lunch, a variety of snacks, plenty of beverage options, a water and ice machine, a coffee machine with decaff and regular coffee, and even a fancy coffee maker with a variety of different k-cups for coffee, tea, or hot chocolate!

Cons

Sometimes the workload can be a bit stressful, especially if there is a high volume of escalated calls.

Sometimes it feels like people in other departments don't pay attention to the notes when reviewing a claim, or will ignore proper procedures. The most frustrating part however is when someone will work a call for a claim and put extremely limited details in the notes they leave so it leaves you guessing what actually happened or what the customer was advised.

Advice to Management

Have employees pay closer attention to claim notes and advise they at least try to leave more details when logging calls.

2. "It's who you know, not what you know"

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, good benefits

Cons

It's who you know, not what you know. Everything is managers discretion. If your manager doesn't like you life is horrible. You get talked to like you don't have a brain, obvious and blunt favouritism, micromanaged, and your work overviewed and questioned daily, even with excelling numbers.

If you like brown nosing and doing work your manager and Team Lead get credit for, this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Focus on who does the work, not what a manager has to say.

3. "Senior Loss Drafts Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Loss Drafts Specialist in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Loss Drafts Specialist in Springfield, OH

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of vacation and PTO, Decent wages

Cons

Promotions are given to friends of management as opposed to those far more qualified with better evaluations, very poor insurance

Advice to Management

Hire and promote based on merit.

4. "Good opportunity for the right person"

Former Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Assurant (More than a year)

Pros

My time with Assurant experience. I enjoyed their flexible hours and very friendly management.

Cons

The company overstaffed certain departments.

5. "Loss Drafts"

Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Springfield, OH

Pros

Great group of people that I worked with, guaranteed overtime if wanted, great manager at first

Cons

Had a new manager come in and take over which bumped our manager to another dept and things went down hill......the entire team left or went elsewhere within the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop protecting managers that very obviously do not deserve to hold a position within the company.

6. "Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Springfield, OH

I have been working at Assurant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are out of this world...Health, Dental, etc. The PTO is lovely also when coming in the door. Some of the managers are down to Earth.

Cons

If you don't like being micromanaged, I strongly advise NOT to work here. No growth within the company. Many jobs are being outsourced. Layoffs are about once every 3 or 4 months and we're talking about 100 people at a time. Also, it's ridiculously hard to try and move up within the company. I was promised an IT job (what I went to school for) and was given a customer service job and that was almost 3 years ago with no type of indication of me advancing.

"No Way To Move Up"

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are given copious amounts of paid time off, as well as every weekend off and many opportunities to work voluntary overtime

Cons

Promotions are granted from nepotism, not performance. You can be the top performer in your team every month for years and be passed up for promotion instead for the lowest performer. Also, insurance benefits are a joke,

Advice to Management

It's a business, not a fraternity. Don't snub your best employees in order to give your buddies better positions.

8. "Assurant"

Former Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Florence, SC

Pros

Services that were provided tocustomers

Cons

not able to grow, compensation

"Liars!!!!"

Former Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Springfield, OH

I worked at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck and benefits. That's the only kind thing I have to say except there are some nice people that work at Assurant..

Cons

Everything else is bad. Working conditions are horrible. It's almost as bad as prison. They complain when you go on bathroom breaks etc.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees and expect them to believe you when your poker face is horrible. Also, don't tell emplyees to lie to the customers either.

"Unstable work environment with changing management and team members. Typical office job."

Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Loss Draft Specialist in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business casual dress with easy work tasks. Get to listen to music while working. Possibility of moving to other branches of the company.

Cons

Unprofessional management; if you want to move up you have to participate in brown nosing. Unorganized processes, illogical production tracking, disastrous internal organizational communication.

Advice to Management

Quit being so greedy and focus on efficiency. Higher pay will result in better employees/performance. Reward people based on their performance instead of tenure. Picking favorites based on personal emotional gratification is counter productive to creating a competitive and profitable business.