KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Assurant Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 1,897 of over 2,127 reviews

3.7
Assurant President & CEO Alan Colberg (no image)
Alan Colberg
Pros
  • "Good benefits, Friendly, Safe place(in 122 reviews)

• "On leàve looking to work from home(in 119 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is not really aware of what goes on(in 46 reviews)

• "Terrible health insurance if you have a family(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Assurant and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great Company Culture / Cares About Their Employees & Diversity & Inclusion

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive response to the pandemic. Leadership genuinely cares about employee wellbeing. Lots of corporate giving/great corp social responsibility support to community orgs. Happy to see large Diversity Equity & Inclusion initiatives and a strong dedicated team. Offer a 2-for-1 employee match for donations to charities. Leadership has been speaking out on important social justice issues. Employees are friendly and collaborative. True global presence. Business is doing well and plays in some exciting innovative spaces.

Cons

I've enjoyed my time at this company. Not many cons. Unclear what career progression looks like within the company, but I think they're working on that.

8 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for your review. Assurant prides ourselves on our inclusive nature and culture. Assurant received, for the second consecutive year, a perfect score of 100 for 2020's Corporate Equality Index, an annual survey of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. We will continue to support an inclusive environment that seeks, welcomes and leverages diversity to do our best work together. We focus on Diversity & Inclusion because we know companies with diverse teams and inclusive cultures are ultimately better places to work. We do encourage you to speak with your Manager and People Experience Partner about your career progression.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company to work for

Sep 21, 2021 - Business Analyst in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from Home, Competitive pay and benefits, relaxed environment

Cons

None I can think of

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review and for being part of the Assurant team! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying our competitive benefits, flexible work arrangements and our culture.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Career Company!

Oct 22, 2021 - Technology Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Provides opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

Very high expectations and stress.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation. We have made sure to share you comments internally as well.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 18, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Assurant is a great company overall and I have sincerely enjoyed working here.

Cons

Truthfully none come to mind. I work with a great team.

Assurant Response

Thank you for leaving your review and for being part of the Assurant family! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your time, and we wish you continued success here!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I like working here

Oct 13, 2021 - Client Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Great 401k match Caring senior management that cares about innovation.

Cons

Compensation doesn't align with cost of living in different cities. Hard to advance.

Assurant Response

Thank you so much for your feedback and for your many years as part of the family here at Assurant! We are so happy to hear you have been enjoying our competitive benefits and that you feel like part of a supportive, innovative team. We have passed along your feedback to help us continue to improve the employee experience, but we also encourage you to speak with your manager or People Experience Manager about your concerns.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Benefits

Oct 25, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall goodo working environment that works hard on communication to its employees.

Cons

Bonuses are not existence in non-managerial positions, while upper management receives huge bonuses.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your comments and the years you spent at Assurant! We are glad you found the culture here enjoyable and that you felt supported with our internal communications. We have internally shared your comments to help us continue improving the employee experience as well.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

It’s okay

Oct 24, 2021 - Technical Support Analyst in Duluth, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork is great, slow days, hour lunch

Cons

Micromanaging, low pay, slow pc

Assurant Response

We appreciate you leaving your review about your time at Assurant! We often hear how great our teams are here, and we are glad you had that positive experience as well. We have shared your comments internally to help us continue improving the employee experience.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Better Pay, toxic environment

Oct 22, 2021 - Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay & benefits, better than the place i last worked.

Cons

The employee is set up for failure because management expects too much. Highly understaffed. Employees are not valued.

Assurant Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your time here! We are glad to hear that you found our benefits to be competitive. We have made sure to pass along your comments internally to help us continue improving the employee experience.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Oct 7, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

A family-oriented, diverse company, and very inclusive company. Flexible work accommodations for salaried employees.

Cons

Experience varies by the department as far as work hours and flexibitility. The company overall is still amazing.

Assurant Response

Thank you so much for your review and for the many years you've spent as part of the Assurant family - we are so glad to have you! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our inclusive culture and flexible work options during your time here.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Oct 7, 2021 - Senior Research Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, ability to move up

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

Assurant Response

Thank you for your comments and the years you spent at Assurant! We are glad you enjoyed our competitive benefits, including pay and room for growth. We have made sure to share your feedback internally as well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,897 Reviews