Assurant Reviews | Glassdoor

1,300 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,300 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility with work from home policy (although seems inconsistent by team)" (in 86 reviews)

• "Good benefits; decent pay; work/life balance - enjoy working with my team and direct managers" (in 49 reviews)

Cons

1. "Compliance Review Appraiser"

Current Employee - Compliance Review Appraiser in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Compliance Review Appraiser in Denton, TX

I have been working at Assurant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, supportive managers and staff

Cons

Haven’t had much opportunity for vertical advancement

2. "Chase Customer Case"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Duluth, GA

I worked at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onsite parking and the benefits were sufficient

Cons

I knew from the very beginning this job wasn’t for me, but bills still needed to be paid. I resigned after about 4 months. I just could take it; the training was very poor, the Micromanaging, Metrics were almost impossible to meet especially adherence I worked a 10 hour shift and they were trying to get me to work through lunchs and breaks. Many of the Supervisors were very unprofessional and loud. The company has an extremely high turnover rate and job stability is way too important to me. The call volume was ridiculous, 10 hours of back to back calls, I was over worked and underpaid.

Advice to Management

Assurant needs better training, wages need to be better because the work I was doing was specialist work but with a customer care job title and management needs to be professional and willing to help.

"It's a job not a career for most."

I have been working at Assurant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady income if you are a full time employee.

Cons

Lack of proper training
    No qualified leadership. Managers either have great people skills and no technical knowledge, poor people skills and a wealth of knowledge or they lack both. Associates tend to have very little faith in their management teams. Problems are often overlooked and ignored.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring/promoting people because they are friends or it's convenient. Teach your managers leadership skills

4. "Market Manager"

Former Employee - Market Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Market Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at a Fortune 500 company you get the perks that come with it like matching 401K up to 6%, good health care plans, PTO, stock options and flexibility.

Cons

They recently sold our division off to another company since they didn't know what to do with us.

5. "Customer Care Specialist"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the team leads are friendly and supportive. If you are a top performer there are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Nepotism, micromanagement, tedious boring work, poor pay, unrealistic performance expectations; if you don’t catch on within the first week you’re canned. The demands of the job and expectations of flawless metrics and adherence to a strict schedule are comparable to the military but for a pittance of a couple thousand a month after taxes. Management doesn’t help to resolve issues until a situation is serious. My first paycheck never came. That was a month ago. I still don’t have it. This company professes to be a supportive family culture but in practice demonstrates little to no respect for its entry level employees.

The atmosphere is too quiet, serious, and patrolled by control freak tenured employees. The ergo chairs don’t adjust and Herman Miller’s economy design is hard, stiff, and confining. I left with compromised lower back condition after a short while. There’s nowhere to get enough privacy on break or lunch either. There are no games or comfortable lounges.

They don’t appear to attract and keep many people. Since lateness or absenteeism are like a felony I don’t think many survive to long term employment.

Unless you really need a job and you’ve got an offer, do yourself a favor and steer clear until you find a better place.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words: Stop saying how much you care about your employees and start demonstrating a little genuine mindful consideration of their needs.

"Atrocious"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Addison, TX

I have been working at Assurant (More than a year)

Pros

Not much. Decent PTO and managers are nice but upper corporate management is money hungry and very restrictive on budget.

Cons

A very broken customer service department and guidelines. Theres no morality with the customer and seem to take advantage.

Advice to Management

Reformat most procedures and improve in network providers. Claims processing is mediocre.

7. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Duluth, GA

I worked at Assurant (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great professional opportunity and training

Cons

Stress triggers extremely high, results driven focused

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can say you have a job. ** Do Not Work For Their Call Centers in Duluth or Roswell Area of Atlanta.**

Cons

The Company Rating on Glass Door was once holding at a 1.9 but I see Assurant has been busy posting some reviews of their own out here. The Call Center Culture is Toxic on a scale of 1 to10 with 10 being worst this place is a 15. If you are a Slacker and do just enough to meet minimum work production then you will shine in this environment. You will notice the workers are like zombies that are tethered to their phones typically for a 9hr shift that includes a 30 min Lunch break and 2 fifteen minute breaks. Of course this is not ample time off of the phones to soothe ones nerves from the barrage of daily calls. Anyone with a Manager Title is useless and are of no help. Promotions come from cronyism which continues to bring the Culture Down. The Managers have become complacent on doing as little as they can to keep their jobs. Assurant has a high turn over so if you are hired continue to look for gainful employment. HR is a joke, a hoot and a holler. Pick your discrimination and it is alive and thriving well within the Culture of Assurant.

Advice to Management

None because they don't listen to advice.

9. "Pretty good job."

Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at Assurant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work 3 days a week. Benefits are nice. Lots of vacation time for new hire. Worked here for a year and a half. I've been promoted two times. There is room for grown, but pay is a little lower than other places.

Cons

Work holidays
    12 hour shifts

10. "Ok place to work for."

Pros

The people I worked with with very nice including most of my bosses over the years.

Cons

Pay scale was a little low. Many changes happened over the last 4 years I worked there that created a lot of stress--however, this was mostly driven by the market and Obamacare.

Advice to Management

na

Showing 1,300 of 1,358 reviews