Astadia Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Scott Silk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Set your own schedule, work from home (in 4 reviews)

• The company has some great people, smart and committed that are focused on moving the ball forward (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • New leadership only cared about buddies brought in who had no experience in services and consulting business (in 3 reviews)

• Current and former employees and negative glass door reviews (in 2 reviews)

1. "The right place for me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Astadia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the interview process, to the onboarding/welcome process and now that I'm a part of the consulting team, it's been a really great process. I'm enjoying the projects (both internal and client) that I'm working on.

Cons

Only places within walking distance of the office is a Starbucks and Applebees. Need to hop in the car to grab lunch or bring in your own.

Advice to Management

Thanks for hiring me. I've already met the GM who came by and introduced himself. Everyone thinks this is normal and it really made me fell welcome.

2. "It's worse."

I have been working at Astadia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eventually worked up to a reasonable wage.

Cons

-My team has averaged 7.2 weeks between turnover since I've been here (several years)
    -My manager is completely disinterested and never here
    -My manager only cares what the client says, employee feedback is categorically ignored
    -"Unlimited PTO" is just an excuse to avoid the debt of accrual and an excuse to deny you actually taking a vacation
    -Switched from biweekly to semimonthly payroll just so the company can make a little extra interest on your payroll
    -HR is downright combative. And unhelpful.
    -Benifits are comedically bad
    -When converting from contract to perm, the company reliably offers LESS than you were paid on contract
    -Company claims that client holidays are not our holidays and "count against" your "unlimited" PTO
    -The churn at the executive level is constant
    -Competency does not appear to be a consideration for employment
    -It's shamelessly blatant that the company only cares about their margin, not actually fulfilling the service they were contracted for.

Advice to Management

Pray.

3. "Too little too late"

I worked at Astadia full-time

Pros

Astadia "cleaned house" and replaced pretty much the entire executive management staff which was a step in the right direction.

Cons

The damage that had been done previous to the new executive staff taking over could possibly be unrepairable. They have done multiple layoffs over the past year and at first it was a good thing (to get rid of some of the lower quality people). However, it quickly got ugly and they started letting go good people. They even let people go who were currently on contracts. It seems they are setting up to be sold and are just getting the "numbers" right. Yes, the people are just numbers at this point.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

4. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Astadia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership team that strives for the best performance in each individual.

Cons

I have positive outlook on life their are no Cons only lessons to be learned.

Advice to Management

None.

"Carefully read the other reviews"

I worked at Astadia full-time

Pros

Sadly, the positives (there were three: unlimited PTO, remote workforce, great peers) were outweighed.

Cons

Read the other reviews. It should be apparent which are genuine.

Advice to Management

Frankness and honesty are not just nice-to-haves. These qualities are the price of entry to becoming a truly great company. Two other things. 1) When clients are happy, cherish and nurture those relationships. 2) This is a little more in the weeds, but, if bonuses will consistently not be awarded companywide (not just to alleged low-performers) simply stop listing a bonus as part of employee compensation and benefits. A jelly-of-the-month club membership at Xmas time would've been better than the perpetual disappointment of an offer not materializing.

6. "Downward spiral"

I worked at Astadia full-time

Pros

Enjoyed the work we did and for a time you felt like you were contributing.

Cons

Management changes tied to private equity buyout were horrible. New leadership only cared about buddies brought in who had no experience in services and consulting business. Zero regard for employees or clients interests.

Advice to Management

Get new management.

"Poor place to work"

Current Employee - Help Desk
    Current Employee - Help Desk

I have been working at Astadia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. It's a real business.

Cons

Where to start. Ridiculously low pay, you could go elsewhere and get paid 3 times as much. Terrible benefits, high rates and even higher if you smoke or don't agree to regular blood testing for smoking. They don't offer one second of PTO, and tell you to just request time off. It is unpaid and they make you feel like you'll be fired every time you ask for time off. Turnover rate is extremely high so you're constantly training new people, extremely high workload, and the leads don't havd a clue what they're doing.

Advice to Management

Change everything! Pay your people a decent salary to reduce the turnover rate. Offer better priced health plans! And give the people some damn PTO. That's appalling you threaten to fire people for taking a day off or vacation day. Change!!!

8. "It's good to be winning again"

I have been working at Astadia full-time

Pros

We had an all-hands meeting recently and the ceo shared the latest financial results - profitable and growing. After a very rocky couple of years, I think this new team has the company on the right track. The cloud strategy makes sense and it feels like the company is now - finally - rowing in the same direction. Pleasantly surprised at the amount of progress made in such a short period of time.

Cons

It was a really difficult year last year (2015) and I didn't know if we'd make it. A new leadership team was brought in and they cleaned house from top to bottom - that was a rough time. It's paying off now, though, and there's a clarity and transparency that was missing before.

Advice to Management

Keep going. Keep pushing all of us to be at our very best. Also, please keep up the regular all-hands calls and email updates.

"Spiral out"

Former Employee - Solution Architect in Apex, NC
    Former Employee - Solution Architect in Apex, NC

I worked at Astadia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started, was a really great team, managers and employees alike. Major shift in focus led to a lot of attrition, starting at the top and tricked down.

Cons

Was a very fast trickle and spiral down. Once can only hope that the new direction/focus is meeting the needs of the current employee base

Advice to Management

Stabilize and focus on your employees and backing up their integrity with your customers. Asking employees to lie to customers is never going to result in good karma in the long run.

"Review"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Durham, NC

Pros

Good entry level position, and probably good for management position

Cons

Few benefits (no vacation, paid-time off, etc.). Health insurance, 401K, and life insurance are paid by the employee at full cost. Management gets these benefits, but management positions are a small proportion of the company.