Aston Carter Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aston Carter Founder and Chief Executive Officer Sean Zimdahl
Sean Zimdahl

Pros
  • Great people, fun environment and great learning experience (in 6 reviews)

• they plug a lot of money into their l&d, there are people who want you to succeed but at the end of the day they aren't going to help you get there (in 5 reviews)

"Great"

Pros

Great company and great people.

Cons

Long hours, hard work. Compensation isn't very good.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Financial Accounting- Fixed assets"

Current Employee - Corporate Financial Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Corporate Financial Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very quick placement. Professional staff. Growing and hungry finance/accounting segment in S Jersey/Phila area.

Cons

As a contract to hire, no cons.

Advice to Management

Can't speak to internal management but as a client who was quickly placed into a great opportunity in pharma I was impressed at the amount of care and follow up. I have used other recruiters and they are the best I have used.

3. "Recruiter/Sales Trainee"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aston Carter is the accounting and finance division of Aerotek. Aerotek is a HUGE and well known Recruiting firm and the Aston Carter division has been around for around 3 years now. Whats great about that is you get a start up feel with a huge company supporting you. Its really the best of both worlds.

In the position you recruit on accounting and finance positions. Once you perfect recruiting you are put into different classes to help you move into a Account Manager position. The cool part is it doesn't matter how long you have been with the company. If you are producing you will get promoted within a year over the person who has been recruiting for two. If you like to work hard and see a fast return its a great entry level position!

Cons

Down side it is a lot of hours. But luckily the culture really makes up for it. The people here are what makes working a little bit of longer hours worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing. I have never seen a director that cares and wants to see his people succeed more than Tyler Ellis.

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great positive atmosphere to work in with people who truly care about your personal success. Everyday is something new in terms of work, never feel like you are being repetitive

Cons

Work hard, play hard environment. Life/Work Balance seems tough in the beginning but begin to understand your schedule

6. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive, like minded people, great people, support, ability to move up and grow with the company, great base pay and ability to earn more.
    The company invests in you from the start and the management is great with helping support you.

Cons

Work-life balance is tough to manage.

Advice to Management

Continue to target different markets and attack them from all angles.

7. "Hard work but great career opportunity and rewards"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, great support structure, excellent compensation and clear career path. Genuine equity opportunity for top performers, with many people having already benefited. Really sociable company and team approach to work.

Cons

The working hours are long but the hard work pays off quickly.

Advice to Management

Communicate more frequently with staff at all levels

8. "My graduate experiance"

Current Employee - Headhunter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Headhunter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continual support and ongoing training provided by a highly skilled team which is enhanced by a mentoring system.

Cons

In return for the extensive training, AC expects high levels of commitment and dedication from employees, unfortunately some fall by the wayside.

Advice to Management

Cross business area/team interaction could be further enhanced in order to maximise the business opportunities for individual teams.

"platform to make money"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

with so many clients and so many good relationships across London Aston Carter represents an awesome platform to make money for any budding recruiter.
    Excellent career opportunity as all promotions are based on personal performance - no barriers to entry.
    Equity is on the cards from day one and is a big reward at the end of the year.

Cons

with such a competative and successful team you have to work hard to succeed - but this isn't any different to any other company I have worked in.

Advice to Management

ensure all staff understand the opportunity in front of them.

"Fantastic place to earn money and get the opportunity to work the full recruitment life cycle with little cold calling"

Current Employee - Senior in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Aston Carter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people / good earning potential / great learning experience

Cons

There is only 1 way to work in recruitment - their way. If you can conform to this you will be OK.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to get on with their jobs rather than needlessly pushing every 10 seconds of the day

"Definitely work here if you want to do sales!!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

I get the previous persons comments, it is hard, it is long hours, it is challenging. However what that person obviously doesn't get is that all jobs are hard to begin with, all are long hours and all pay relatively low salaries until you add value. The person below has missed out some key elements of their own under performance (one deal in a year usually means you don't earn a lot and you get put on some form of performance support plan - it is Sales after all), however I won't go into that, I will just outline how well I have done in the past 18 months as an example to all potential joiners to what is possible if you are smart, organised and are open to listening and learning from those who have performed well over the years!

I have been promoted twice and earned over £40k in my first year which isn't bad considering how tough the market has been.
    I am now the Account Manager for one of our biggest banking accounts and am loving the responsibility.
    My team are great and we all get a long well and are all pulling in the same direction.
    I know exactly what I need to do to get promoted to the next level and I hope to do this within 6 months which will mean I have made it to Senior Consultant in 2 years!!

Cons

It is hard, a lot banks were not hiring this year and we have had to develop out client portfolio more so than in previous years. The biggest negative is that I didn't start the year before (2015) as then I would have been a year further forward in my career and could have earned more in 2016 as I would have known more!

Advice to Management

Be open with new joiners, I was told how hard it would be in interview and that really helped when I started finding it tough 6 months as I had thought about how to deal with it!
    Also, don't change things due bad people leaving, only change things to help the good people who are building the business.