Astoria Bank Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2015

Found 3 reviews

2.1
Monte N. Redman
  1. "Working for AFS was a great experience- it's a company I was proud to work for, giving back to the community and workers"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Astoria Bank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, able to get out of the office once in a while, was challenged and supported by coworkers, gave me my first taste of the business world - which was a good one.

Cons

as an intern/seasonal worker there were little opportunities for me to take when my time was up, most open positions are in the branches and not the corporate office, could be monotonous, could have a whole day with no human contact, all work was done on a computer.

Astoria Bank2012-10-09
  2. "Good and the Bad"

Current Employee - Marketing in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Astoria Bank

Pros

Due to high volume of work, you learn a lot

Cons

Expected to work long hours Salary Bonus or lack there of Lack of opportunity to grow Low morale Not much recognition of hard work No empowerment of employees

Advice to Management

Compensation, career plans for employees, perks

Astoria Bank2015-03-05

"If you have any intelligence or ambition, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF WORKING HERE!"

Former Employee - Marketing in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Astoria Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a paycheck. Just make sure you pay attention to your pay stub because the payroll department often makes mistakes.

Cons

Change is non-existent. They are so far behind the times it's scary. I worked at Lake Success in the basement that resembled a cave with an 8" high brick wall for a view, dim fluorescent lighting, with walls that hadn't seen paint in years and artwork that looked like it came from a 1970's children's storybook. I would fantasize about painting the walls because of all the scuff marks on the walls. No internet connection...

Advice to Management

Astoria federal savings tagline is "Putting people first." The company doesn't care about it's employees at all. The company has no identity and hires new managers that have terrible people skills that are afraid to make decisions. The company doesn't listen to it's customers and has zero consistency with it's marketing. I am so much happier now that I don't work there.

Astoria Bank2014-02-25