Astound Commerce Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time

Pros

I have been working at Astound for over three years and I love the company. The people and the work atmosphere are great! Everyone is treated like adults and no one is micro managed.

Cons

As a manager with multiple direct reports, it would be nice to have them under one building. I'm not complaining since we've made it work for all these years but it would nice to have everyone under the same roof.

Advice to Management

The transformation that the company has made since I have been here is phenomenal. Keep up the hard work!

2. "Promising powerful place to work"

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of heart and comraderie. Good opportunity for growth and refinement of skills. Marquee client base and serious implementations across a variety of platforms.

Cons

Poor communication among the leadership team. While the three co-founders clearly respect each other, they're not always on the same page which leads to wasted effort. Not enough investment in HR.

Advice to Management

Reward high performers by creating objective goals and then sticking to them over the course of the year (rather than moving the goal posts for each new project).

3. "Astound Has Its Act Together"

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a good balance of process and freedom for teams to act agilely.
    The company hires talented delivery teams.
    The company has good tools in place to make it easier to create consistent quality.
    The company does what it takes to do right by their clients.

Cons

The US office is distributed throughout the United States, unfortunate that we are not able to see each other more face to face.

"Start up feel atmosphere without the start up roller coaster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for a short period of time but so far everyone and I mean everyone has been awesome. From the founders down to the para legal. There's a lot of work to do but if you're looking for a challenge and to get you out of your comfort zone then this is the place to be.

Cons

I feel like I'm being exposed to so many things in such a short period of time. I haven't figure out if it's good or overwhelming. I'll come back and let you know!

Advice to Management

Remember to always appreciate your employees. Once you stop appreciating them, that's when they'll stop appreciating you!

5. "Like a cool challenge? Join Astound Commerce!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Here it's all about the evolution. Constant change, something dies off, something sticks, grows and becomes an efficient tool. I like living like that, it can be tough, it can be even disheartening at times, but boring it is not. The employees are a great bunch to hang out with. The company is global and you may end up working with someone from another hemisphere in the middle of the night. Thankfully, flexible hours are the cultural norm and most likely you'll be able to have your beauty sleep a bit later. If you have an initiative and perseverance to implement your ideas it won't go unnoticed and unrewarded.

Cons

A very distributed nature of the company can be impeding at times. Many people, especially in business, feel the necessity to make an effort and learn another language to facilitate the processes.

"A company with bright future"

Pros

Very dynamic environment. Lots to do and learn. Lots of interesting international customers. Get to work with people from different cultures all over the world. Everyone works hard to deliver projects for customers, train new personnel, continuously improve processes as the company grows.

Cons

There is no slacking off here. In some roles there is a lot of travel. Some projects are stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on corporate culture as the company grows and becomes more and more diverse.

"Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company, global clients, high impact work, amazing people and great leadership. Ecommerce is changing the world and Astound Commerce is working with global brands on revolutionizing the way they do business. Very exciting space and projects.

Cons

If you are looking for an easy job this company is not for you. Long hours, international travel. Very demanding clients and this can sometimes be very stressful.

Advice to Management

Take time to focus on existing clients and your team.

8. "Sinking Ship"

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A steady paycheck. Oh did I say steady? I meant often delayed.

Cons

Mass exodus of top talent. Micromanagement. Hiring random Brits that are blowing smoke and fleecing the company by contracting out work to their friends. Failed ventures like EngageUI.

Advice to Management

Founders: step aside and have someone else run the company. Truly, hands off would be the best approach here. Far too dysfunctional as it stands.

"So much potential, wasted."

I worked at Astound Commerce full-time

Pros

You get to work with great clients, some really big names and very interesting projects. Salaries are decent, but below industry standards.

Cons

Dysfunctional management. Three cofounders that are not aligned at all. Two are at each other's throats, while the third just stays out of the way and gets work done (he's the smart one, and should probably run the company!) Unprofessional treatment of employees by management (harassment, rudeness, general aggression).

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Invest in building proper teams, and not just the cheapest/fastest/dirtiest way to and end goal. The rest will come naturally. A "global reorganization" (i.e., unnecessary bureaucracy) will not save you – just being decent people, honest with your clients, and trying to do what's best for them will naturally net you success.

Probably a good idea to hire an outside CEO/management team who knows how to turn a company around.

"Kiev"

Current Employee - Lead Java Developer in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Current Employee - Lead Java Developer in Kiev (Ukraine)

I have been working at Astound Commerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of pros working for AstoundCommerce. They have great career opportunities, a never ending supply of interesting work, competitive compensation, wonderful benefits, great people, wonderful training programs, a tremendous number of brilliant professionals in their fields ready to help, and great core values.

Cons

This is not an opportunity for those that do not want to work. At AstoundCommerce everyone has a load of work to do and often times under very tight customer time lines. It is a challenge that I enjoy but many might find it stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. AstoundCommerce is on a path to not only financial success but also to cultural success which is a much hard thing to achieve.