AstraZeneca Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Pascal Soriot

"Used to be better"

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I worked at AstraZeneca for more than 10 years

Pros

Patient focuses company with some good upper management but falling victims to weak pipeline Good salary and has good benefits

Cons

Some micromanagement and unrealistic execution expectations. They are not in good synchronization with field based job

Advice to Management

Keep a better touch what is appending on the field and their struggles with an ever changing culture of formulary restrictions and access issues

AstraZeneca2016-05-25

"Primary care rep"

Current Employee - Primary Care Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AstraZeneca

Pros

Flexible hours, company car, gas card, 401 k match

Cons

You have little to no controls of your business and market. Dr's try to use your meds but managed care dictates what they can use. It's NOT a sales job anymore! I have NEVER made my full bonus and I am a really good rep.

Advice to Management

Give attainable sales goals!

AstraZeneca2016-05-23
  3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid benefits, nice colleagues, competitive salary.

Cons

Too many field visits with management.

AstraZeneca2015-12-08

"Cardiovascular Specialty Representative"

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Jackson, MS

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time

Pros

Reasonable Salary and Benefits, all AZ products are free to AZ employees so that is nice. Good place to start in Pharma

Cons

Moving up to performance levels is very political.. One manager will raise a mediocre rep to a next level usually based on time with company other Mangers expect much much more and deny deserving exemplary worker with great sales, great reviews just because they don't want to appear to easy to other managers, and so reps won't ask for increases in salary

Advice to Management

Managers should be advocates for their reps ...more transparency between reps managers and executive management..good reps will leave if you don't stay competative with base salary compared to other big pharma companies

AstraZeneca2015-12-13
  5. "Executive Specialty Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Executive Cardiovascular Specialty Sales Representative in Manchester, NH

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great benefits and strong senior leadership

Cons

weak pipeline in place for Cardiovascular products

AstraZeneca2015-11-12
  6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career development opportunities, high base salary, working for a large bio-pharma company, flexibility, company car, (mostly) good management

Cons

Working for a large bio-pharma company (change can be slow), bonuses not reflective of work but instead insurance coverage of products, tech issues (poor intranet with awful search capabilities, sites you need to access are often down, AstraZeneca is slashing reimbursement for cell phones and internet-which is already lower than competing companies

Advice to Management

Continue to offer developmental opportunities for your employees without having to move to the East Coast. Do not cut reimbursement for necessary business use (cell phones, internet, etc) or you will loose people which cost the company much more in the long run.

AstraZeneca2015-10-06

"Sr. Diabetes Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time

Pros

Great support with sales tools and budget. Great benefits. 401K, profit sharing, commission, and award points. I love my manager and that makes the job.

Cons

Micromanaged by metrics rather than driving sales. Takes a long time to build up vacation. Field technology systems are cumbersome. Analysis systems are subpar to the industry.

Advice to Management

Allow reps to manage their territories to drive business rather than by metric. Get better systems for tool rather than Simon and Custhub.

AstraZeneca2015-07-09

"Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for many years at AZ. They are trying to improve the culture. The technology is cutting edge. we have a strong pipeline

Cons

i am in my 3rd year in a row of not getting a decent bonus because the goal setting and compensation plan is terrible There are not many opportunities for development.

Advice to Management

Try to create environment of trust and that you value your employees. Review the compensation plan. I understand a forced rank, zero sum game saves you money, but there are certain market conditions, geographies, and managed care conditions that make it very demotivating to know that you are not only fighting against your goal, but against the nation. You can scratch and claw to get to 101% to plan with a lofty goal...

AstraZeneca2015-07-16

"Treated me well even through the layoffs"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Lancaster, OH

I worked at AstraZeneca

Pros

most of my managers were determined to help me succeed, received a raise every year I was there

Cons

corporate America rules, Upper management was not very friendly

AstraZeneca2015-03-29

"AZ"

Former Employee - Respiratory Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AstraZeneca

Pros

Some good people and good products. Respiratory pipeline is decent! Good opportunity to understand how to change prescribing habits.

Cons

Somewhat unrealistic goal-setting at times. Somewhat of a me-too mentality when it comes to culture and style. Making mistakes that companies were making many years ago!

Advice to Management

Touch the field more! Understand local problems!

AstraZeneca2015-01-07