Astrix Technology Group "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Astrix Technology Group Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Feb 26, 2018

3.8
Astrix Technology Group CEO Richard Albert
Richard Albert
Pros
  • "Upper management is very involved in a way that I deem very much appropriate for the company size(in 5 reviews)

• "Strong emphasis of work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No time for lunch or breaks , poor leadership and poor training program for new staff , very low morale(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Best company"

Current Employee - R & D Data Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working with Astrix for almost a year. Understanding and supporting upper management. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

I haven’t experienced anything negative so far.

Astrix Technology Group2018-02-06

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for on both the contractor and full time side! Upper management has been amazing!

Cons

Would like more opportunities for growth as well as higher salary compensation

Astrix Technology Group2018-02-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Account Manager/Scientific Recruiter"

Current Employee - Scientific Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Astrix offers flexibility, a good company culture, and a fair compensation plan. I am able to manage my day with my preferred style and approach versus a large company that micro-manages every little move you make. There is an entrepreneurial spirit in the organization with the employees and management. The CEO, Upper management and leadership within the company are extremely approachable and down to earth. There is a good line of communication among leadership within the organization as well as they are willing to listen to suggestions to improve the company, commission plan , etc. What you see, is what you get - and that approach makes for a nice working environment. If you work hard, you'll be rewarded. There isn't any micro-management once you prove yourself as a performer. This is a great place to work and it's ideal for a seasoned recruiter!

Cons

There is limited training and you need to be able to hit the ground running. Great place once you have a couple of years experience under your belt...

Advice to Management

Depending on what level of recruiter you'd like to hire, if focusing on entry-level - you may need to incorporate a more organized training program. If okay hiring someone with a couple of years experience or more - limited training is totally fine.

Astrix Technology Group2018-01-25
  5. "Good company to work for - appreciates their employees"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility to independently manage your day; metrics are important, but the company is most focused on the end goal of driving sales vs. how many calls it takes for you to get there. The company does not micro-manage – they’re highly focused on individual and market success, however, they allow the freedom for individuals to “pave their own path.” Individuals who are self-motivated with good time management should thrive in this work environment. Fair compensation plan and upper management is constantly focused on incentivizing recruiters to push themselves and earn more. Very much a “small company” feel; people care about one another’s success and are very supportive of team members as well as candidates/contractors success.

Cons

May not be a “con” for all, but no structured training program for new recruiters. This does allow markets to independently develop new associates and create a more customized approach to training pending the strengths/weaknesses an individual may possess. New employees bringing 1+ years of previous recruiting experience should thrive in this environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing - listen to your staff and lean on them for suggestions to improve processes and incentive plans; it's appreciated across the board that our voices are heard and respected.

Astrix Technology Group2018-01-28

"Intelligent Hard-Working People, Management Always Looking to Improve"

Current Employee - Senior Scientific Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Astrix Technology Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Yes - no company is perfect, but Astrix is always looking for ways to improve, from recruitment and training process-improvement to increasing compensation plans. That to me, is the kind of company that I want to work for. You will not find yourself empty handed here, there are a wide array of excellent/profitable jobs to work on, and as we all know in staffing, the more you work the more you pocket. Managers understand that recruiters will lean toward working jobs that will make them the most money, and this leads them to make realistic decisions regarding providing support to jobs. Upper management is very involved in a way that I deem very much appropriate for the company size. Every year the company hosts all employees to a remote company trip, i.e. Key West, FL, Las Vegas, NV, and during these meetings, action plans are made, and items requiring improvement are discussed. Also, not to sound cheesy, but I feel like I work for people that know and appreciate me for who I am and what I bring to the table, and also folks that are very considerate on a personal level, especially when it comes to any family or personal life issues that might come up. Through honest conversations and compromises, I can honestly say that this company has made a time, financial and resources investment, to provide me with what I am looking for in a job, and for that reason, I am motivated to work hard, to in-turn, provide this company with what they looking for in an employee.

Cons

All of my cons have been finely addressed by my managers. I have been able to bring up the things that might have bothered me in the past with all the honesty in the world, and I have been heard and compromises have been made. Can't ask for more than that.

Advice to Management

Happy to see that management is always looking for ways to improve, and keep up the good work!

Astrix Technology Group2018-01-22

"A Great Example of American Greed"

Former Employee - Biological Scientist in New York, NY

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time

Pros

After working at the NYC lab, you will appreciate EVERY other company that displays interest.

Cons

Specifically referring to the NYC lab: Management is inept, as they encourage nepotism and workplace gossip. The technology is outdated. Workplace morale is probably the lowest you will ever see. In fact, the atmosphere is depressing, which is why they do not allow interviewees to speak with current employees. During the interview, you will be asked if you mind working weekends, holidays and/or night shift. Saying,” No," and accepting the position, means that you will have a job wherein you will have few weekend days off and be forced to work day and night shifts, during the same week. You will never have a consistent schedule. It constantly changes, without notice, due the extremely high turnover rate. Lab members are forced to work OT w/o extra pay and constantly told to, “Stay two years, then leave," so that Astrix can hire replacements at cheaper rates. Imagine that; a company which is actually LOWERING salaries in NYC. The best example to sum up Astrix, comes from a meeting that occurred soon after I came onboard. A person from upper management came from the home office to confront lab members who were complaining about uncompensated OT, and (after repeatedly cursing) stated; “I could have fired you and hired people for cheaper!” Then his HR comrade added, “You should be happy you have jobs in this economy.” Stay far away from this place. They will kill your spirit and career.

Advice to Management

Considering the nature of the job, focus on hiring people who speak/understand English.

Astrix Technology Group2015-10-23

"Biological Scientist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

I worked at Astrix Technology Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work was basic; easy to do; Real-time PCR

Cons

Unqualified Supervisor Lot of favoritism and unfair practice. Upper management doesn't care about your complaints and will lie to you . If you come across more intelligent then them than you are in big trouble; they will try to prevent you from excelling.

Advice to Management

stop showing favoritism and discrimination. do not stop someone from excelling b/c they have more experience or more intelligent.

Astrix Technology Group2015-05-20