Astute Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Arvind Rajan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nice company"

Pros

Nice company for h1b and gc process and nice pay for contr employees

Cons

no cons on astute business

2. "Employment review"

Former Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Astute Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Flexibility, Inhouse projects, good team

Cons

Less Pay, Don't offer maternity leave,

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

At Astute, we try to achieve an optimal work-life balance for all of our employees. Based on our experience and employee feedback, we update our policies and ensure that these updates are... More

"Beware if offered a contract position with promise of eventual direct hire"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Astute Business Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Location in Pleasanton, CA is within walking distance to BART.

Cons

Management is inconsistent with billing hours, constantly changing from full-time to part-time, often cutting back to less than 10 hours per week without notice. They are however consistent in late payments on invoices and attempts to renegotiate a reduction of the agreed hourly fee. They continually promise the possibility of full-time employment, but never follow through and keep the promise of eventual benefits package as a temptation to keep you from canceling the relationship. Don't expect to receive payment on any outstanding invoices once you sever ties with the company.

Advice to Management

Be honest in your employment intentions.

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

For contract positions, we reserve the right to allocate hours depending on our need, the demands of our clients and internal company initiatives. While we strive to be transparent in all of our... More

4. "Good benefits and perks"

Current Employee - Director in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Unlike many other small software services companies that I have worked with in the past, Astute has provided me a rich benefits and bonus package along with my basic employment offer. From speaking to HR, I learn't that this is provided to all employees on the same terms. The health plan, especially for me with my wife and kids provided excellent coverage and value. Also, when it came to bonuses, the plan was well documented and mutually agreed up on and not left to verbal commitments. The plan actually pays for Overtime which is rare in the consulting world these days where employers expect employees to work as long as needed to get the job done. The annual bonus is tied mostly to employee performance and not company performance which I liked as well.

Cons

They are acutely focused on PeopleSoft.

5. "Driven & Foward Thinking"

I have been working at Astute Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The drive to remain on the front edge of technology development and implementation is refreshing. Having a core strategy and yet adapting to market changes keeps the work at Astute relevant & fresh. Even as a just a developer or analyst, folks are always pulled into brainstorm approaches and ideas which makes my contribution feel valued.

Cons

FTE Benefits are a bit light.

Advice to Management

It's a fast pace world, and you react well to that. But do take a bit more time formalizing team building activities & recognition.

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking continuously at ways to improve team building activities and at recognizing employee performance and contributions. We also strive to keep up with the... More

6. "Awesome"

I worked at Astute Business Solutions part-time

Pros

I had a fun time working at Astute! They were very flexible with my schedule and understanding if something came up. They really helped me take on projects and never left me feeling like I wouldn't want to work there.

Cons

The workload became quite heavy sometimes. It got out of hand sometimes and I ended up working more than I really thought I would be doing.

Advice to Management

Management was awesome here. They were really flexible, but sometimes they weren't on the same page and I got different instructions and ended up having to redo small tasks that would've taken me less time if I had just known which one I was supposed to actually do.

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Communication between employee and employer is paramount and we take this very seriously. We actively solicit feedback from our employees and contractors to improve in... More

"The "Awesome" 5 star Review sounds like the owner....."

Former Contractor - Marketing
    Former Contractor - Marketing

I worked at Astute Business Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was the one who wrote the “I don't understand the previous bad reviews ” review too soon. Now I understand.

Cons

The management at this company has a serious lack of integrity and has no problem being less than honest with contractors, employees or prospective customers. Be very careful when dealing with this company. Not to be trusted in my opinion, plus major ego issues and tremendously difficult to work with.

Advice to Management

Make a major change in your life and start CARING about your customers and your employees. Let go of the ego and try listening for a change. Actually, it might be better if you retire and hand over the reins to Arvind, stop running your company into the ground! People will trust you if you have their best interest at heart. You don't, and it shows.

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

Astute Business Solutions is committed to the care and feed of its employees and customers.

"Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Astute Business Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing although it is in Pleasanton, which is nice

Cons

This was hands down the strangest company I have ever worked for. They think they're hot stuff, but it's all smoke and mirrors. Arvind's a control freak who treats everyone like they're idiots and Sudhir is the biggest bully around. They did put up a good front for the clients, but again it's all fake. The only thing they're interested in is money, money, money. Screw the employee, screw the customer. There's plenty of excellent companies out there who really do care about their employees and don't play stupid games like holding someone's pay or expense reimbursements or making unrealistic demands and then blaming you when things don't magically happen. Life's too short to work for a company like Astute.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't be surprised if they're eventually sued, either by an employee or by a client.

"terrible experience, only care for their money that you earn for them"

I worked at Astute Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

no pros at all, as a consulting firm they cannot offer anything that can be called a pro

Cons

its basically just another consultancy that can do anything to rip you off. if you work on h1 with them, rest assured you will be exploited to the core.

Advice to Management

sell the company to people who know how to do business

"Do not join these fellows are group of thugs ."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Astute Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros about this company.

Cons

Everything this is a con company . Don't join if ur on h1b they will suck ur blood.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing ur workforce or else you will be doomed.