Asurea Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Director

4.3
Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I am a single parent of four with a new granddaughter, so a flexible schedule with great earning potential is very important to me (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • All the negative reviews I've ever found online have never been accurate to my experience and I feel were written by bitter quitters (in 2 reviews)

• best job I've ever had with the best company I've ever worked for (in 2 reviews)

1. "Family atmosphere and very motivating!"

Current Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is warm and much like a family. I can trust those around me and look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

The insurance industry changes often as well as technology. Staying on top of it can be difficult but making sure it's all communicated appropriately is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.

2. "After being laid off in 2009 I needed a new job, and found a home."

Current Employee - Director Programming in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Director Programming in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is challenging and exciting. I have worked in the IT department and support some of the hardest working, dedicated people I have ever had the good fortune to know. I have worked for over twenty five years on the distribution side of insurance and ASUREA is special. Life insurance distribution in the US has been changing over the last twenty years, and in ways much different from other financial services. Working with a group of like minded people focused on driving that change rather than becoming a victim to it, is what gets me up early everyday. Protecting families and building customer relationships comes first here and I'm proud of that. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Cons

If you haven't heard, the life insurance industry is changing, and experts from organizations like LIMRA will tell you they don't have the answers yet. A lot of life sales organizations are in their sunset years running out the clock, waiting for the gold watch, which is comfortable, which is predictable, which is routine. ASUREA isn't one of the places. ASUREA is a high energy environment and it's not for everyone. It takes the right kind of person that is willing to put in the hard work it takes to build something, knowing that each step allows you to take another. To be successful here, I think you also need to be flexible and willing to pitch in regardless of your title or position. Some people crave structure and depend on adhering to procedures, and such a person probably isn't a good fit for this company. While ASUREA does have policies, it is people ahead of procedures.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on the bright spots. Continue to let us know what we need to do differently. I'm a big fan a management by walking around. More of that would be great.

"been here over 13 years and couldn't see myself anywhere else!"

Current Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Executive and management team cares about their people (Take it from a guy who has been here 13 years!)
    All about growth and opportunity
    Great working environment and great people

Cons

It is a work hard - play hard environment and culture and not everyone fits in.

It is not for the person who simply wants to punch a time clock and go through the motions.

Advice to Management

Don't pay attention to the negative feedback. We are going to make mistakes and we are going to hire the wrong people. Keep focusing on doing what your doing and let's keep our 30% annual growth rate going!!!!

4. "Excellent working environment!"

Current Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is really a pleasure to work with asurea because of their culture. Everyone is incredibly helpful and everyone truly wants you to succeed. the work environment is amazing and everyone is so helpful and sincere. There are a lot of great opportunities and people can definitely achieve something worthwhile if they put in the effort.

Cons

Only pay for half of my health benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Use caution: Big initiatives but no financial support and lack of communication creates uncertainty and animosity"

Former Employee - Director in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I worked at Asurea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive team wants to grow the company and is actively looking to remove employees who are not willing or capable of supporting that growth, however in some cases, employees who are toxic to the company mission are allowed to remain in key positions at the expense of programs and initiatives.

Cons

Executive team struggles to communicate between themselves and therefore struggles with down-line communication. Very little training, support or direction to department managers. Department managers were told to "do your job and do it well", but most had little direction on exactly what that would entail (I had no job description nor directives). Executive team has a closed door policy (literally) and comes out of their offices generally to make a bee-line to the door. CEO holds management meetings that ramble on for hours where he berates employees and demands loyalty, but offers no support or guidance to those in management positions who are front line to the employees on the floor. Turnover is at a very high level and the executives don't seem to be concerned about anything other than the revenue and balance sheets.

Advice to Management

Stop the time wasting manager meetings as they are viewed by all as a way for the CEO to batter managers. The CEO is not the great Orator he believes himself to be and these meetings are actually demotivating managers. Complete the Due Diligence required before you launch a new, expensive program, that way you don't need to fire employees because you didn't realize how much the program would cost. Use your partners to your advantage...listen to what they tell you about cost and expectations on new programs you are launching. Treat your employees as those they are valued members of the team, not as just place holders on your balance sheet. The life blood of your company is your employee base, and should not be treated as though they are a liability when they are working hard to promote your objectives.