Asurea Reviews | Glassdoor

Asurea Reviews

Updated June 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great working environment and great people (in 3 reviews)

• The lead program gets you in front on interested clients (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are really no cons, at least I have not found any as of yet (in 4 reviews)

• The leads are obtained by promoting the need for "mortgage protection" insurance (in 3 reviews)

"Family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is just something about this place. I started working for Asurea back in 2003 at the ripe old age of 18 years old. We are absolutely like one huge family. Upper management has been focused on communication and it is getting better! I love the people I work with and for! The CEO is one of the most caring men I have ever met...He is kind of like a second dad.

Cons

Luckily most of the Cons left about a year ago with some very toxic executives....I mean come on telling agents not to trust the people that are handling their business is probably not good business practices. There was no trust with them...Thank goodness they are gone. Things have improved drastically and we have more trust and respect than ever.

One area that still needs work is communication with lower level employees. But like I said that is a focus that has been getting better.

Advice to Management

You are all doing a good job...Just remember we are all here for the same thing. We all want to help. Trust us...And just say hi once in a while.

2. "Game Changer"

Current Employee - New Business in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - New Business in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really felt like a team, training taught me everything I needed to know and gave me the confidence to do my best work. Company picnics and events really made it feel like family at work.

Cons

It's a relatively small and still young company, hopefully more opportunities to grow in the future

Advice to Management

Maybe more perks in rewarding hardworking employees over longest working.

"Insurance Sales Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Asurea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As far as a sales opportunity goes, it's not too bad. You have leads to call every week that cost upwards of $15 per lead. If you have a good phone voice, you can set about 10 sales appointments a week.

Cons

The leads are obtained by promoting the need for "mortgage protection" insurance. Clients often become disenchanted and feel mislead when they find out it's just term life insurance. The lead card lists the consumers bank's name which further misleads them to thinking it's something other than term life insurance. Some tactics are misleading and not forthcoming. I had a problem with this ethically.

Advice to Management

Sales is not for everybody. When an employee does not succeed, stop questions their work ethic and overall integrity. Everyone's skillet is different. I'm not willing to compromise my integrity and character to be a good salesman.

4. "Opportunities Galore !!!!"

Current Employee - Life and Medicare Specialist in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Life and Medicare Specialist in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the carriers in one place. Full support running illustrations and institutional expertise. The carrier relationships have helped me to get the products I need to get what my clients want. The lead source is phenomenal. I am able to be in front of as many people as I choose due to the the incredible resources. The on line back office office system keeps track of my submissions without having to purchase an additional CRM system. The contracting process is quick and on line. The new business department catches the dots on my i's and the crosses on my t's.

Cons

This is the insurance industry. In order to succeed one must be willing to do what others wont. That is not Asureas fault its the nature of the sales industry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job keeping your staff and agents feeling appreciated.

"Felt more like a Friendship Club than an ACTUAL business"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Roseville, CA

I worked at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great restaurants around the corporate office in Roseville! The vending machine gets stocked weekly. There is a really cute guy who works for a different company downstairs that is nice to look at.

Cons

Unprofessional, poor communication, unqualified hires (especially in management - seems like they Google their job to figure out how to even do it), too many desperation hires (like an admin turned Director.. where they do that at?), too much micro-managing, management doesn't follow their own rules, ie. writing people up for being 2 minutes late from a break or lunch, but then take 1 1/2 hour lunches (some people would even time when upper management left it's THAT noticeable). Salaried employee or not, set a good example for your workers!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends to help run your business! A business should be managed by qualified employees, not people you are doing favors for. Maybe that is why the company cannot grow.

"Life Insurance Broker"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Broker in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Broker in Portland, OR

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company feels much like a family...you can access anyone at any level and they genuinely care to give you good feedback. Schedule is flexible, you choose when you want to work...though you must be very self-motivated for this.

Cons

It is difficult to really make good money. You need to be ready to put in a lot of hours and deal with a lot of rejection to make it to the top, though it is doable. Hours are mostly in the evenings and weekend mornings so this is not a 9-5.

Advice to Management

I think the pay structure could use some work, but it seems that they are making efforts to improve this.

7. "A company that treats their employees like they are family & ALWAYS willing to help you in anyway possible!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Protection Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Mortgage Protection Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Asurea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The family environment at Asurea makes me wake up every morning and can't wait to get started helping all of the families I come in contact with!

Cons

In my eyes there isn't any cons with Asurea. Hands down the best company I have EVER worked for!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working!! :)

8. "Family atmosphere and very motivating!"

Current Employee - Director in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is warm and much like a family. I can trust those around me and look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

The insurance industry changes often as well as technology. Staying on top of it can be difficult but making sure it's all communicated appropriately is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.

9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ASUREA has a fun culture and great working environment! I enjoy the energy and sense of family.

Cons

Better communication would be great and a better website, which I know we are diligently working on so that is forthcoming.

Advice to Management

I think it would be great to have more company events, we always have so much fun and it is really helpful in team buliding.

10. "After being laid off in 2009 I needed a new job, and found a home."

Current Employee - Director Programming in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Director Programming in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is challenging and exciting. I have worked in the IT department and support some of the hardest working, dedicated people I have ever had the good fortune to know. I have worked for over twenty five years on the distribution side of insurance and ASUREA is special. Life insurance distribution in the US has been changing over the last twenty years, and in ways much different from other financial services. Working with a group of like minded people focused on driving that change rather than becoming a victim to it, is what gets me up early everyday. Protecting families and building customer relationships comes first here and I'm proud of that. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Cons

If you haven't heard, the life insurance industry is changing, and experts from organizations like LIMRA will tell you they don't have the answers yet. A lot of life sales organizations are in their sunset years running out the clock, waiting for the gold watch, which is comfortable, which is predictable, which is routine. ASUREA isn't one of the places. ASUREA is a high energy environment and it's not for everyone. It takes the right kind of person that is willing to put in the hard work it takes to build something, knowing that each step allows you to take another. To be successful here, I think you also need to be flexible and willing to pitch in regardless of your title or position. Some people crave structure and depend on adhering to procedures, and such a person probably isn't a good fit for this company. While ASUREA does have policies, it is people ahead of procedures.

Advice to Management

Continue to build on the bright spots. Continue to let us know what we need to do differently. I'm a big fan a management by walking around. More of that would be great.