Asurea Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good for starting out"

Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Insurance Producer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Asurea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The upper level management at Asurea are amazing. Very helpful with new hires and are true experts in their field. Very flexible hours, and a lot of freedom to make yourself a successful business. Good lead program.

Cons

Little structure. Lead program while excellent, is only so when you actually get leads. Sometimes there are not enough leads for the office, and your commission suffers because of it. Be prepared to make a lot of phone calls.

Advice to Management

Make sure your managers have more experience before putting them in charge of an office. My manager was brand new and not used to being in charge of a group of people. My learning experience and income suffered because of this.

"Excellent Mentor"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I've worked for Asurea as a Field Underwriter for almost 3 months. I'm so glad I decided to make a career change. The lead system is great and my mentor Fredrick Hicks is awesome! With Asurea Raleigh, you get the support you need to be successful in the insurance industry. Although you work for yourself, you're not alone in setting and meeting realistic goals. In my first 90 days, I've submitted over $10K in placed premium, which is almost unheard of, for a first time agent.

Cons

No cons to for me

3. "Agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great Atmosphere! Great People! The culture they attempt to breed is fun.

Cons

Leads are expensive, and you are just selling non-med product as if it were "mortgage protection"

Advice to Management

N/A

4. "I just started. Looking forward to the journey."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Don't have none yet.but I'm looking forward to the journey

Cons

Its all good. Looking forward to the journey

5. "Insurance sales rep"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Asurea full-time

Pros

Independent agents 100's of companies to use for our clients. We have a steady flow of quality mortgage protection leads. Solid company thats dependable

Cons

Work schedule requires some nights and weekend work. I put alot of miles on my car and sometimes get no shows and some clients cancel after getting approved. Some clients cancel and we get a charge back. Also the cost of leads continues to go up over time.

Advice to Management

Try to keep a family atmosphere. Bringtogether the veterans and newbies to do some brainstorming and master minding. By sharing ideas we can learn from each other. Keep up the good work. overall its a great company to work for.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Wholesaler in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Wholesaler in Portland, OR

I have been working at Asurea full-time

Pros

Where do I begin:
    1) Best leads in the industry. They havn't been hammered.
    2) Least expensive leads in industry.
    3) Corporate is "down to earth" and invested in your success.
    4) Family type environment
    5) Great access to products.
    6) Great tools and processes for sales.
    7) Integrity and Loyalty come to mind.
    I have a Masters Degree. I spent a load on my education. I never felt like I earned what I deserved. Now I do.

Cons

Honestly, not many. However, there is always room to improve in small areas.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Great company!"

I worked at Asurea full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for! They really treat their corporate employees and inside/outside agents like family.

Cons

I really don't have any negative things to say about the company. There's always room for improvement, like in communication, delegation, and implementation and HR possibly, but overall great!

"Finding the right organization is the toughest part of this industry."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Asurea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The number one "Pro" in this career for me is the ability to grow and achieve the goals I have set for myself. In order to grow you have to have a couple key components. The most important is the ability to get in front of quality prospects. Leads! I have been in the industry for 10 years now, only 7 months with Asurea, and can honestly say we have the best leads at the lowest cost. It doesn't matter what commission level you have. If you don't have prospects to sell to, you will not make it.

The home office team works diligently to ensure that the agents get the answers they need and does it with a smile. Everyone always has time to help me with my needs!

We have access to contract with almost every carrier in the market. We can offer coverage to any one with any health problem, up to an issue age of 90!

Cons

Every company has room for growth and Asurea seems to continue to try to improve their systems and are open to evaluation.

I know, not really a "Con" but I have seen a lot of Insurance organizations, and have experienced a lot of Insurance organizations that truly give our industry a bad name. I honestly have no complaints.

Advice to Management

Continue being a "Team" driven organization.

9. "Great company to work for because of the drive to always improve and find ways to be more successful."

Current Employee - Area Manager in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Martinez, CA

I have been working at Asurea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We spend 80% of our time selling rather than prospecting. Exclusive lead program with great support from upper management. I have worked for captive agencies and independent agencies and Asurea is well ahead of the pack.

Cons

The only cons would be for agents who are not coachable and who do not listen to feedback to adopt our sales strategies. They work, and if you listen and apply the learnings you will succeed. If you don't, you will not be a good fit for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep findings ways to improve the company. I am proud to call Asurea my home. Thank you for all you do for us.

"life"

Pros

money is lucrative for this industry

Cons

rude management, they really should pick their management wisely. Poor management will send outstanding employees out the door. Money is to be made everywhere, don't mistreat your employees with disrespect

Advice to Management

learn how to motivate 1099 employees