Asurion Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Asurion CEO Kevin Taweel
Kevin Taweel

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be an issue if you let it (in 58 reviews)

• Work schedules no work life balance (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Principal Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

Pros

The company offers challenging work with a lot of different cutting edge technologies so work never gets boring. Asurion provides opportunities to learn and develop new technologies, and I’ve worked on a number of projects that involved unique software development solutions that were pioneering in the field. We often work directly with vendors and partners to develop new solutions that are later provided to the general public so that other companies can leverage the same solutions in the future. The company provides a healthy collaborative environment, and solid opportunities for career and personal growth.

Cons

At times the pace of the work can be a challenge in itself where deadlines can be unrealistic. This has tapered in recent years, and this was more of an issue when the company growth rate was tripling year over year. The growth rate is still very strong, but it is at a much more manageable pace this days.

Advice to Management

Always allow flexibility in the work stream for unplanned work

"Collegial work environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, bright motivated co-workers, high standards but everyone works to meet them, no back-stabbing

Cons

Career paths can be hard to identify

3. "Fast-paced, great benefits, interesting work"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Asurion values motivated employees who are willing to push the envelope and who thrive in a high energy environment. The atmosphere is generally collegial and collaborative, and the benefits are great. Compensation is at or slightly above the market average. The company also has a strong focus on corporate social responsibility locally, and it's growing company wide. Employees are surveyed (a lot), but it does seem like feedback is considered.

Cons

Politics and who "owns" what is continually a problem. At the director level and above, leaders can be territorial and exclude other teams at the risk of having to share success. This has led to frequent reorganizations and pivots in direction. Promotions seem to have to little do with work output and more with who you know and have positive relationships with. Not uncommon for a company this size but doesn't always fit with the image the company portrays.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the mostly positive employee experience and how it can be improved. If you continue to survey often, implement changes based on feedback and let employees know their voices were heard.

5. "Full Time Employee Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Technology company focused on driving results when dealing with it's partners as well as supporting it's customer base

Cons

Company size/structure can be limiting based on layers of individuals (both internal and external) tied to projects/initiatives

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employee's needs while supporting the company's core values and dedication to the customer

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. It's a busy fast paced environment. There's never a shortage of work, but it's not a high pressure, hectic environment. On the contrary, it's fairly laid back and easy going. Great benefits and work atmosphere, competitive salary, and generous time off. Well skilled employees and open collaboration between departments helps to produce results.

Cons

We could use some more help.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Premier Support Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Asurion (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for a call center, hours are based on a shift bid. Bottom line, hit your numbers day in and out, come to work. You will be good. Voluntary time off when it gets slow, if you don't mind missing out on money. Bonus money for hitting numbers, an extra $200 -500 each month is not bad. Opportunity to make more money with OT of course, other incentives and prizes given away such as gift cards, electronics ect.

Cons

Nothing to bad to say, I mean its a call center, back to back calls are expected to happen from time to time more often if not. It's technology it has its issues. Dealing with customers. Managers not following up on incentives. Attendance policy is strict cannot miss more than a day in a half in a month, no excuses unless valid medial or family circumstances. If you schedule pto and your car breaks down, and you can't find a way to work, congrats you have just used your pto instead of losing pay.

Advice to Management

CHANGE THE ATTENDANCE POLICY TO POINT SYSTEM Because lets face it life happens, cars break down, baby sitters bail, and kids get sick. This place would be a lot less depressing if people didnt feel so stressed about losing their job all the time. Because they had an unfortunate life mishapi.e. If an employee is late 5 min or more equal .25 pts. 1 day missed equals a 1 total pt.

8. "It pays ok and decent benefits. Some chance to grow with a good manager."

Current Employee - Premier Support Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Premier Support Technician in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Decent benefits, ok pay and not very hard work. Almost everyone is pretty friendly. The facility is clean. Parking is never bad. Overtime available sometimes and can do a lot if you want to.

Cons

Constant change to systems and bonus structure. Tracking of stats though to many systems make it annoying to see where some stats are. Sick days use paid time off whether you want it to or not. Can be a fight on who take escalations.

Advice to Management

Look into frustrations of the techs.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The freedom to experiment and fail. I am asked for an opinion on a regular basis, with that said I am able to speak my mind without fear. I am able to use my skills and knowledge; my manager empowers me to push myself in areas that I am unsure of myself.

Cons

The performance review process could use some improvement.

10. "Innovative, fast-paced company with great people."

Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people
    Start-up environment
    Core Values
    Advancement Opportunities
    Growth and Success of the Company

Cons

Ever-changing, which is not all bad, just not for everyone
    Work/life balance can be an issue if you let it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in leadership development.
     Give new approaches time work and refine along the way rather than abandon.

11. "Premier Tech Coach"

Current Employee - Premier Tech Coach in Antioch, TN
    Current Employee - Premier Tech Coach in Antioch, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and good training and tools to use to help your customers.

Cons

Short staffed a lot of the times. Sometimes the card are back to back for hours.

Advice to Management

Watch how much time voluntary time off you give.

Showing 687 of 1,162 reviews