Cover image for Asurion

70 Comments

Tech

474K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Asurion~16924
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is a good at first because you are hourly as well as it’s remote(in 497 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and there are quite a bit of employee discounts(in 412 reviews)
  • "The people are great and most times it feels like a family instead of a group of co(in 204 reviews)
  • "The pay is good..you can work from home.(in 174 reviews)
  • "The pay is okay and they culture is great.(in 129 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management is poor.(in 177 reviews)
  • "no work life balance (be ready to work every holiday and be ready to get stuck with a shift that has weekends.(in 79 reviews)
  • "No training in tech support.(in 79 reviews)
  • "Selfish direct managers don't allow middle(in 58 reviews)
  • "No one is going to question it because most of their Coaches are internal hires with no leadership experience.(in 53 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Asurion and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Dec 5, 2022 - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Good people and management cares

Cons

Lay offs impactful down sizing

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you can do well here, might as well go somewhere else.

Oct 12, 2022 - Tech Coach (Verizon) in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company has perks, discounts, and benefits. - They give you mini-prizes every week based on sales. - You can make up to $40 per hour on a paycheck if you excel. - Has a lot of Voluntary Time Off options - Good introduction to tech support roles

Cons

- The training feels very rushed. - They don't support education/training after the 2 weeks are done. - They don't tell you that you won't make a base pay anymore after PPX. - The trainer I had did not have a good understanding of the actualities of the job apart from the sales. - They did not even know how to explain some of the methods by which they "graded" you, which also reflects your pay. - They did not focus on any other form of training other than sales yet had very sub-par training on there. - They did not show anyone how to take advantage of the discounts for working there. - My direct supervisor was very busy, one question can take 3 weeks to get some time to get an answer. - The systems crashed almost every day. - You can make less than $20 per hour even though that's "base". - It seems as if they are 'figuring it out" on a day-to-day basis. - A little fear-based when I was there, almost as if managers and people were scared of being fired if not performing. - 30-minute lunches.

3. Join the Asurion team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Pay and Benefits, Horrible Managent

Nov 27, 2022 - Tech Support in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility in the scheduling. You can slide your shift up and down, as well as take as much VTO (Voluntary Time Off) as needed, if it’s available, so it helps you to be able to stay on track with attendance. The pay is also nice, with the PPX model in place, because we are paid per call.

Cons

The issue is with the extreme push for sales, and the importance that is placed on that instead of actually resolving the customer’s issue with their device, which is the reason they are calling.amazement does not really care whether you actually fix the problem or not, or if you are even telling them the correct thing, as long as you make the sale.

Continue reading