Asurion "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Asurion Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Jan 17, 2020

3.6
Asurion CEO Tony Detter
Tony Detter
Pros
  • "Work from home (for regular only) twice or once a week(in 179 reviews)

• "Very good pay for entertaining level(in 112 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is good in general if you set boundaries and get the work done(in 85 reviews)

• "Make sure you also understand the culture and challenges of a large call center as you will be dealing with a large population of(in 52 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "VZW support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Antioch, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

High paying and room for advancement . Option to work from home.

Cons

Not a very fun working environment. Very independent and not much team collaboration

Advice to Management

Better open door policy

Asurion2019-08-06

"Worse everyday! And Tech agents are now forced to sell Smart Home Support!"

Current Employee - Tech Coach in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work at home options, night shifts, benefits and overtime opportunities.

Cons

Tech Coaches suddenly have to SELL SELL SELL Smart Home Support. The metrics are unattainable, management is constantly watching you and berating you. You are not a human, you are a servant and slave. They burn you out in a few months.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Like another reviewer said about Asurion, Fire Yourselves. Stop pushing hard working Tech Coaches to sell. Stop putting us down.

Asurion2020-01-06

"SHS above all else!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Asurion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home is wonderful however, working for a privately held a lot more. Hours can be very flexible if your a top performer. Out of the employers I've worked for this has been by far the company with the most transparent bonus structure you meet the companies metrics and your rewarded fairly I'd say. Not like former employers where the top 3 or 5 would battle it out to the death for several thousand dollars sadly we're capped at 550 monthly. Training is fun management is laid back and their benefits package need a huge overhaul and for those employees who are perpetually ill they have some every expensive choice or those sold their souls for a life time of immaculate health they have inexpensive choices as well. Overall its a fine place to work temporally not in the long run. One last thing they began issuing company landline phone in late 2019 lord only knows when they will go live.

Cons

They are not publicly trade as far a I know privately held ownership so they don't answer to nobody let's keep it that way. How in the world can you not provided your W@H employees with company computers or reimburse our internet I know of small hole in the wall companies do and will wipe our callipygians if we asked nicely. On to their benefits package so many choices for medical too many I think my issue I that they put not one penny into the company Sponsored HSA they have some sort of compassion forward carp that is a sad attempt to look wholesome that money is better placed in an HSA or a company health medical savings where they could place yearly contributions into for the future I mean if you have cancer later on in life and are retired tell if Compassion forward will come to the rescue sorry not sorry black hair don't care! 4% match in the 401k maybe 5% the wording on the in the employee handbook is a little tricky its bad and they may or may not do profit sharing that wording may or may not the formula is laid out in the employee handbook and they don't make much of this aware to their employees we never spoke to benefits about enrollment why I ask? Turns out HR is a one woman show bless her heart no really bless her heart they must work her like a cur. You'd better believe that during training you'll SHS they speak of SHS as if their curing cancer no really CANCER or DIABETES its to the point where its become anathema to us W@H its not great its capped at 2000 per claim I own computers worth more and television sets too oh and annually 5000. Read the terms and conditions children they do everything in their power to not fix things and lastly I consider myself to be slow and if your still reading this I understanding of the English language or grammar for that matter but I can do math as good not better just good as any Asian boy or girl because girls are the Superior sex and I am a boy so there I said it. I digress they hire some of the most incompetent people never have I been in a training class where more than half are computer illiterate like you need repeat the same information over and over even on the second day for most of the class information didn't stick I wonder if they drank flint water before coming to work . Don't think most of them even finished high school much less no how to read or comprehend basic information and in this case two head or more are not better our team meeting are filled with the most unasinous ideas ever put for in my life. Sale's that all they care about SHS it'll cure cancer and remedy all ailments there are clients paying 15 a month for insurance and these fiends that they employ have no idea how to complete a simple claim on a daily basis I've seen claims started in June and with my best efforts have done everything in my power to complete every situation is different but my goodness that nearly six months I've brought this up with my manager not coach because a coach is usually someone you like they love playing these psychological word games because most of their employees are too dumb see it for them selves again I digress. I've brought the issue up with management and they couldn't care less my manager was more concerned with SHS our coaching session was all about SHS and why I'm not offering it well if we can't properly file a claim and finish within a day or so could you just imagine how mismanaged those group of kids are? Their clients are paying a premium for insurance I've been told by our customers that employees have said over the phone I cant help you or I dont know what to do with that and I've never touched an iphone in my life and were just doing simple things like turning off find my iphone, I'm very disappointed there have been times where I gotten a little emotional because of the treatment the customers receive especially if they are Spanish speaking because those kids of are some of the most rude illiterate and uncaring. Now the SHS tactics they use are borderline bullying their customers if they say not rebuttal that NO means no in any context if you were being physically assaulted and pleaded they stop and they didn't. No means no in any context I hope they read this and become so enraged that they begin a campaign to find me and remove me

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring mentally incompetent individuals and why is SHS placed above customers needs ? One last question if you were being sexually assaulted and told your assailant please stop and he continued with his REBUTTAL by not stopping why are we doing to our customers? One more why do you guys fear the BBB if its ever mention in a call or if they threaten report anything to the media you guys have a dedicated team for this situation on stand by why?

Asurion2019-12-08
  4. "Technical support review"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I worked at Asurion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunity to work from home

Cons

micro-managed and moved to sell products and not just focus on technical support. Sales quotas to meet.

Advice to Management

Let the Sales professionals sell the applications and let the techies resolve problems.

Asurion2019-11-20

"Started off well until they turned Tech support into Sales department"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, decent pay.

Cons

Company only concerns with making sales not resolving tech issues, No flexibility with schedule, constant changes.

Advice to Management

Take the sales to a department that makes more sense. Let technicians do what they signed up for, and stop making them sway customers to buy something they do not want. Also pay more attention to your employees and their wellbeing, the amount of stress caused by the drilling of sales is causing people to hate their jobs, anxiety and the need to look for a different position.

Asurion2019-11-24

"Sales, sales ,sales"

I worked at Asurion

Pros

The best part of working here is definitely your coworkers they are usually so positive and keep you laughing which is important. Also the Work At Home in your pajamas is awesome too! Monthly bonuses if you can balance and exceed expectations.

Cons

Asurion started off for me very laid back ...I loved the job. This past year the focus has shifted from truly taking care of the customers claims to "Did you get a sale yet?" ...so much so we had 15 minute sales meetings EVERYDAY!! Along with weekly meetings for Coachings which were also about SALES even though we had other stats we were expected to maintain. It becomes overwhelming and stressful. If you value mental health please consider this is what you'll be looking forward too.

Advice to Management

Every manager I came across seemed genuinely ready to help! I know they are just doing their job as well. Company wide changes will affect everyone! My advice is to take one session every 2 weeks and talk about something other than sales.

Asurion2019-11-12
  7. "Transition into Sales"

Current Employee - PSS Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

With sales comes a ton of extra incentives. 50 dollars here, 100 there. Most agents between commission and bonus make an extra 300-400 a month. Permanent work at home. Not incredibly demanding. Company is still growing and is pretty innovative in their approach and ability to pivot. Very metric/performance driven. Very detailed reports of your performance always at your fingertips.

Cons

Most managers are wonderful but in a job that requires constant fine-tuning a less motivated manager can really hinder your earning and advancement potential. Takes a year to be vested for 401k match.

Asurion2019-11-01

"Verizon Tech Coach"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Antioch, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Voluntary time off (only when call volume isn’t high) if you don’t work from home there really aren’t in any other pros. The only pro is if you work at home.

Cons

This job is cool for a few months. Constant change after that been working here two years and put in my 2 weeks notice yesterday. They now offer Smart Home Support to customer and guess who has to sell that, EMPLOYEES. Employees are paid to provide tech support and good customer service now they also want employees to sell their product with no pay increase. They tell you that you get $10 extra per sale but that’s only if you sell it and you still have to offer the product on every call on top of offering the tech coach app which is useless that they push down customers throats.

Advice to Management

No point of leaving any advice cause they won’t change anything. Good riddance.

Asurion2019-10-25

"Working at Asurion"

Former Employee - Anywhere Expert in Nashville, TN

I worked at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home provides freedom.

Cons

Work life balance takes some getting used to.

Advice to Management

Reduce number of changes or provide employees with better training.

Asurion2019-10-04
  10. "Work at Home"

Former Employee - Verizon Tech Coach in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, can pick your own schedule

Cons

Management isn’t the best.

Asurion2019-09-02