Asurion Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

3.7
Asurion CEO Tony Detter
Tony Detter
Pros
  • "Compensation Benefits Bonus Inclusive the ability to work from home(in 214 reviews)

• "Good pay, great challenges, professional growth(in 175 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be difficult with constant change(in 94 reviews)

• "needs more diversity in upper management(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Asurion and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work!

Dec 2, 2020 - Service & Repair Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best company I have worked for! Very employee focused.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult with constant change

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stick with it, and you'll learn sales

Jan 3, 2021 - Premier Support Solutions Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training from smart and competent people. Promote from within. Diverse workplace. Plenty of feedback and helpful coaching. Fair pay and benefits and some scheduling leeway considering it's a time clock punch job. Very understanding through pandemic and work life balance. They listen to me.

Cons

Performance metrics takes some time to figure out how to balance it. High turnover rate. Forced to change shift hours once a year or so.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Place To Work, Would Highly Recommend!!!

Jan 12, 2021 - Senior Security Analyst in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Vacation Time & Work Life Balance. Wonderful culture. They care about their community. Excellent pay and bonus structure.

Cons

It can be hard to get promoted or climb the ladder. Lots of middle management. 401K is severely lacking compared to other big companies. No match for 12 months is a joke.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Excellent pay and benefits if you can weather the office politics

Jul 23, 2020 - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Asurion has a above-average work-life balance as long as you set clear boundaries. * Salary and benefits are competitive * The latest technologies are used and teams are encouraged to experiment * The work is fulfilling * Management does not put unrealistic expectations on product * Various internal programs to advance your career and competencies, including regular continuing education sessions, guilds, and working groups. * Extremely diverse company

Cons

* Developers are promoted via a quarterly nomination and voting process held amongst senior developers and above. As a result... * Office politics are brutal. No one here is your friend, and it's often cutthroat. * Senior level developer and above is effectively an old-boys club (albeit more diverse than that). Career progression does not depend on competency, work ethic, or other reasonable metrics, but rather solely on playing the office politics game - and winning votes. * Developers often switch teams and/or managers (I have had four different managers in my short time here). * Management is fairly disorganized. There are often two teams working on identical projects. Once this is realized, the office politics begin again. * merit-based raises are practically non-existent other than an annual COL adjustment.

Asurion Response

Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your honest feedback about your current position with Asurion. We have captured this feedback and plan to send it to the appropriate teams for discussion.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Chaotic environment with ever changing priorities

Dec 4, 2020 - Network Engineer in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to new technologies. Domestic US and international travel.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Poor project prioritization, pulls team members in multiple directions simultaneously. Little to no regard for team or individual capacity limits when committing to project completion tasks or dates. Believes any problem can be solved by throwing enough money at it. Has a well-earned reputation as a revolving door, or a meat grinder that 'chews them up and spits them out'.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good culture, some interesting projects, poor direction

Jul 17, 2020 - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have handled covid-19 well. Friendly culture. Have some interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Onboarding onto a new team can be rough, I received very little guidance. Also the standards for when you are eligible or moving towards a promotion can be murky. Sometimes no clear, concrete goals are given to work towards depending on your manager. Also negotiate harder for pay if applying here, I negotiated timidly. At my annual review my manager told me I was underpaid and would work to remedy it. My pay has still not been adjusted. Some work expected to be done outside of the team you are on, but not always clear how to seek it out and how much it factors into your career progress. It's easy to slip into poor work/life balance depending on your team. I see team members working pretty long hours consistently. This leads to feeling like you have to try and keep up which is tiring. I feel like I take less time off with Unlimited PTO because there is pressure to keep up with things and keep moving things forward.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Great company!

Nov 27, 2020 - In-store Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, decent pay for the amount of work given, opportunity for growth, ALOT of slow days

Cons

ALOT of slow days (market dependent) I usually go a day or two days with no work, leads to boring times. Work life balance isn’t the best, I normally work from 10:00pm - 7:30pm, sometimes till 8pm. A lot of eyes watching you.

Asurion Response

Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your review -- we appreciate you! It never hurts to chat with your manager and identify ways you can stay busy when there is a slow day! #TeamAsurion

8. 4.0

Finance Manager

Nov 24, 2020 - Finance Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, flexibility, and great teams

Cons

Pay is lower than industry average in Tn. There seem to be RIFs every 6 - 8 months. In my 2 years with the company, there were 4 RIFs.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best customer service company in tech industry

Oct 5, 2020 - Lead Technical Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Technology driven Work/Life balance Ease of scheduling

Cons

Sales quotas for in store techs Management positions are very few In-store repair may suffer after T-Mobile merger with Sprint

10. 5.0

Great company

Oct 14, 2020 - Technician in Odessa, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay for the area. good work life balance

Cons

Alot of confusion around the time of the sprint merger. Lost track of what the job entitled.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 186 Reviews