KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Asymmetrik Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2022

Found 33 of over 38 reviews

4.9
Asymmetrik  CEO Michael J. Frentz (no image)
Michael J. Frentz

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing benefits(in 8 reviews)
  • "Management is accessible and will work with you on any issues you bring up.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The work is stimulating and challenging, and the culture is friendly, welcoming, and relaxed.(in 2 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place

Mar 23, 2022 - Engineer-In-Training
    Business Outlook

Pros

lots of free food and drink!

Cons

Can't work from home for now

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A job as well as a family

Jul 2, 2021 - Office Administrator in Jessup, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my employment at Asymmetrik, I have received nothing short of a fun, warm welcome. We’re a tight knit community but we come from such a diverse background that although we’re very different from each other, it feels like being apart of a family. The work here is challenging enough to push you, but also help you grow, develop, and thrive. I love working here and am committed to a long, prosperous future with this company. Our mascot, Farley, is a black sheep for a reason: we are not like our competitors, we do things very differently, we are the outliers, and it’s just an overall great experience.

Cons

As to be expected, the work here is fast paced, but that is not necessarily a con. It teaches discipline, prioritizing, and execution.

3. 5.0

High performance culture

Aug 22, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues here are intelligent, personable, and highly motivated, you will find no shortage of skill or ability from this company. Benefits are unmatched by similar companies in the area. There is a diversity of work available for both cleared and un-cleared engineers.

Cons

The organization is pretty flat, which can be good on one hand, but on the other hand, it doesn't offer a clearly defined path for advancement and career growth.

Continue reading

Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We're happy that you're enjoying your experience at Asymmetrik. We do pride ourselves on hiring people who are not only smart and capable, but also humble and nice to be around!

4. 4.0

Great Culture and people

Oct 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest reason to stay is the culture and the people

Cons

Growing pains felt by any small company transition to a large

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 7, 2021 - Office Administrator in Jessup, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, fun environment, and excellent interactions.

Cons

Absolutely none, everything so far has been nothing short of a rewarding experience.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

May 19, 2021 - Human Resources Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful!

Cons

I'm going to gain weight with all the free snacks and drinks in the kitchen!

7. 5.0

Small Company Feel in a Growing Company

Apr 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse group of people with diverse educational backgrounds, work experiences Fun activities during and after work Leadership team that cares

Cons

Communication can be slow at times, but that occurs with most jobs

Brand Manager

Thanks for your review! We truly believe that by hiring employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds, we can build great teams and more importantly, learn from one another.

8. 5.0

Great company culture

May 15, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues, outstanding benefits, meaningful work

Cons

None to speak of glassdoor

Brand Manager

Awesome! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your time here. We might be biased, but we 100% agree with you on the amazing colleagues. :)

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Place to Work

Dec 10, 2020 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working spaces and work flexibility

Cons

i dont have any cons

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love coming to work every day!

Sep 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of companies will tell you that they're different, but when you look inside, it's more of the same. After working in the defense industry for years, this company is a breath of fresh air. Every employee gets their choice of PC or a Mac Book Pro (most people are on Mac), they run on the Google ecosystem, and their office is modern and bright, created with a strong eye towards design. They have a fully stocked kitchen with every kind of beverage and snack you can think of (even a beer fridge). While other companies in this space have these amenities, it's usually hard to take advantage if you work on a customer site. Since a lot of Asymmetrik's work is unclass, there are plenty of developers working in the main office, so the environment is energetic and fun. Super collaborative too, since we all use Google Drive and Slack. Leadership is the real deal---they have a modern mindset, they truly listen and there's no red tape (we're under 60 employees, so there shouldn't be). Ex: they already had maternity leave, but they added paternity leave to their benefits after employees suggested it. If this wasn't enough, they probably have the best benefits in the business---15% company 401K contribution, bonuses, 100% healthcare coverage you and your family, employee stock plan and competitive salaries. Love, love, LOVE Asymmetrik!

Cons

Everyone here is so smart (they have a difficult technical interview), that it pushes you to keep up to date with the latest technologies. It's not a con necessarily, but if you're looking for a place where you can hide among the ranks, this is not the place for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews

Asymmetrik Reviews FAQs

Asymmetrik has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Asymmetrik to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Asymmetrik employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Asymmetrik . This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

94% of Asymmetrik employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Asymmetrik 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Asymmetrik to be career development, management, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Asymmetrik Job Seekers