At Your Service Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
At Your Service Staffing Founder and CEO Mark Casaburi
Mark Casaburi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Futhermore, we can choose whenever we want to work (in 2 reviews)

• Great way to meet people,and check out the city (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Shifts sometimes get cancelled very last minute (in 7 reviews)

• A person has to fulfill a standard in order to be consider to work an event (in 4 reviews)

1. "I have had a great experience with this company."

Current Employee - Crowd Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Crowd Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have really enjoyed the people I've gotten to know as well as the opportunity to work cool events. The job isn't always glamorous but every now and then you get to do some interesting assignments.

Cons

The hours. Obviously they are primarily evening and weekend hours and it is inconsistent. You could very well be 10 days on, 10 days off.

Advice to Management

Only request would be to have two months of a schedule ahead of time.

Oct 3, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We try our best to present all opportunities as soon as they become available to us, but if you would like to set your schedule further than a week in advance please... More

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, Fun, Interactive, Team oriented, Well paid.

Cons

Not consistent in number of events available (high season/low season)
    Minimal amount of training.

Oct 3, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking to improve our training process and check in with how our staff are progressing and learning with the opportunities for work that we are able to... More

3. "Not bad for a part time first job"

Former Employee - Waitstaff in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Waitstaff in Boston, MA

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

not bad pay for first job, management relaxed and approachable

Cons

odd hours, short notice work calls

Jun 13, 2017 – Regional Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate our team and try our best to provide everyone with all opportunities possible, even if they come in last minute and for odd hours!

4. "I really like how the job works but I do not like the attitude the office staffs have."

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing part-time

Pros

the first day I got interviewed I really like the woman who interviewed me. she has a good manner and she fits her job and I thought all the office stuff has a good attitude also I like how this job is very flexible

Cons

office staffs have a bad attitude. disrespectful and rude!

Advice to Management

Management should hire office staffs who has manner and discipline on their employees. The office staffs are very rude. who doesn't even know how to treat and keep good employees! Attitude is everything so pick a good office staff!

Oct 3, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our office. We are always here to listen and address the concerns of all our staff so I hope that you can reach out to... More

"Rude office staff"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in New York, NY

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- They hire everyone.
    - Sometimes they remember to feed you.
    - Interesting events.

Cons

- Snooty, rude and privileged office staff. Don't know how to talk to people and will stop giving you shifts if you don't accept every single one. I have been threatened to be fired when my mother suddenly became ill. I personally just don't want to work with people who have no concern for their employees so good luck to you if you do.
    - Inconsistent work.

Advice to Management

Volunteer or something, learn some compassion. I don't know what to tell you. You are affecting human's lives. It's not just about your million dollar events.

Jun 13, 2017 – Regional Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We try to bring our managers togethertwice a year to train on the best approach across all five offices and we are always working on bettering our relationship with our... More

"Ideal side job"

Current Employee - Wait Staff in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Wait Staff in Boston, MA

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Very flexible
    -Pick your own schedule
    -Decent pay ($14.50/hr if you have experience serving)
    -Easy work
    -Staff is understanding
    -Shifts usually end in free food

Cons

-Long hours (but you pick which events you want to work)
    -Tiring if you work several events back to back
    -No room for growth
    -Job opportunities are unstable, sometimes there will be plenty of opportunities and other months you will be lucky to pick up a shift
    -Shifts sometimes get cancelled very last minute

Jun 13, 2017 – Regional Manager

Thank you for your feedback! As is the nature of our industry, work is seasonal and we do the best to provide staff with different opportunities to work with individual schedules.

7. "Nursing"

Current Employee - Staff Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at At Your Service Staffing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Staffing agency that does supplemental staffing for hospitals, you make up your own hours

Cons

Although you get staff at facilities there are times you are cancelled

"Waitstaff"

Former Employee - Waitress in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Boston, MA

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time

Pros

They will hire you back immediately as they are desperate for staffing. It's a fast hiring process and you can make your own schedule

Cons

Office staff are so way beyond obnoxious, rude ans dishonest. They are pathelogical liars and they aren't even good at lying. They bully you into shifts, lie 24/7 and manipulate you 24/7. Office staff here in Boston are like ages 21-26, fresh out of college desperate for the money and they are like interns. They are always nice when they first start and than they drink the cool aide of being worn out, and busy they end up being the nastiest people to deal with, I cannot express to you how much they lie and mistreat people it's disgusting. They only like you when you day yes 24/7. They have so many other catering and staffing companies in Boston to work for with better pay, better accounts, more professional staffing don't bother with this one. They have gotten worse and worse throughout the years and they loose their staff almost hourly and daily because of their bad treatment, manipulating and lying. Stay away from this company they are awful.

Advice to Management

Get your crap together, be honest and respectful you will find that people will want to work more and say yes to you more. Your lying is terrible so just stop lying to your employees you look stupid. You are always going to have issues scheduling and keeping your accounts with the people you have accounts with because people are going to continuously walk out of shift or not answer their phones or just not show up because you treat like pure crap. It's common sense, treat your employees with respect, and be honest and you would have less of a headache scheduling people. You people suck, you're rotten.

Jun 13, 2017 – Regional Manager

We are sorry for your experience with our company. We are in the middle of restructuring our Boston office and are reviewing all of this feedback very carefully and we appreciate it.

9. "Caterer"

I worked at At Your Service Staffing part-time

Pros

At Your Service Staffing allowed you to pick and choose your events which made for flexible scheduling.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that as a caterer, there was not any room for growth.

Advice to Management

I found the hiring process to be possibly too simple. Some of the rules for catering (during training) weren't accurate either.

10. "Harsh"

Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at At Your Service Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small group of people
    Fun team environment
    Safe environment to work in
    Nice laptops given to employees
    After work events are nice

Cons

High turnaround rate in this startup company
    Bad benefits: visiting doc's becomes a burden
    Long hours are expected week in week out

Advice to Management

Better benefits