Athena Health Care Systems Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2020

2.7
Athena Health Care Systems President & CEO Lawrence G. Santilli (no image)
Lawrence G. Santilli
Pros
Cons
  • "The upper management staff at headquarters is rude(in 4 reviews)

• "There is no downsides at Athena Health care system(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company - treats employees with respect"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Family friendly Big company with opportunity to transfer to other facilities, but has a small feel because everyones knows each other.

Cons

Regular raises are needed.

Athena Health Care Systems2019-02-01

February 14, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks much for the feedback!

2. "Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems part-time

Pros

Co workers are great to work with

Cons

Terribly mismanaged by upper management

Athena Health Care Systems2020-01-29

"Staff is rude"

Current Employee - Pca in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems part-time for less than a year

Pros

None they make it sound good

Cons

The upper management staff at headquarters is rude

Athena Health Care Systems2019-08-14

"Honestly: You're not just a dining service assistant, you're also hotel room service!"

Current Employee - Dining Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

*Benefits are decent *Co-workers that stick around are good *Great conversations with residents (old ones, not really the young ones).

Cons

Let's get started here..... *Profit centered (health care nowadays anyways) *Administrator snubs you sometimes,like you don't mean anything. A hello goes a long way! *If it's 730 at night and you're piled with paperwork and they call for food, A PBJ even with the stuff stocked on the floors upstairs to make it, YOU MUST BRING IT!!! OR YOU'LL HEAR ABOUT IT, YOU'LL PROBABLY GET DISCIPLINED as well because that's BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THE ADMIN WOULD SAY......which I suppose it is but, you have work to do too. *In a flood, I see management taking off while us employees struggle as they scurry for their own lives. *Many non-compliant residents to feed, typically calling for stuff they can't have but, usually an all the time thing. *CNAs give attitude to us on the phone, and are very demanding at times with that same attitude. Makes us feel at the bottom of the totem pole. Like we are human beings as well.

Athena Health Care Systems2019-06-28

October 2, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

Thank you for your suggestions and detailed feedback. It is important to us that we hear the opinions of our hard-working staff. We are glad that you have been happy working for us for nearly 10 years and we appreciate your dedication. We’d love to hear from you directly, either via a phone call (833.5.Athena) or an email to EmployeeAdvocate@AthenaHealthCare.com so we can better understand your specific concerns and work to address them.

5. "Decent place to start your career"

2.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in East Providence, RI

I worked at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to start your career

Cons

Extremely high patient to nurse ratio

Athena Health Care Systems2019-05-24
  6. "RN Supervisor"

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems part-time

Pros

Good policies and procedures in place

Cons

Due to so many facilities, business plans appear to be too “cookie cutter” which doesn’t take into account each facility unique character.

Athena Health Care Systems2019-05-08

October 2, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks for the feedback and review. Although Athena centers have many policies and procedures to ensure for the well-being of our residents and staff, we also feel that each center has a good deal of autonomy to implement specific changes to match the center's unique needs. Our Employee Advocacy line is always available for any suggestions to improve our services and programs - both for patients and employees. We'd love to hear from you to see what we can do better! 833.5.Athena or an email to EmployeeAdvocate@AthenaHealthCare.com

"Rewarding Career"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for Athena can prove to be rewarding, providing you work hard and follow instructions.

Cons

Management is not necessarily fair and reasonable. They make decisions on what would benefit themselves first before considering their patients, employees and family members.

Athena Health Care Systems2019-01-20

February 14, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

Sorry to hear this and would love to have heard from you while you were with us to address your feelings at the time and learn more from you...

8. "Client Service Analyst"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Culture, Pay, People,and benefits

Cons

They are a millennial company and just got bought up by a bigger corporation. They are in the process of making lots of changes. My position was taken away and i was let go because of it.

Athena Health Care Systems2019-01-03

February 13, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

We're pleased to see your 4 Star recommendation of Athena Health Care Systems, however we must point out that we have been in operation since 1984, and our President and C.E.O. has been with us since the beginning, in the same role. You may have us confused with Athena Healthcare, a health care billing company...

"Worse company ever"

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems full-time

Pros

the health insurance is affordable

Cons

Everything except the cost of health insurance

Athena Health Care Systems2019-01-26
  10. "Athena Hospice"

4.0
    Current Employee - Hospice Social Worker in Farmington, CT

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*the hospice team is comprised of people who genuinely care about patients and their families and are supportive of one another - a truly stellar group *the company has made a lot of changes/improvements since I started my employment in Feb. 2016 - it is nice to see growth in the right direction *flexible schedule, good benefits

Cons

*improving communication/partnering with nursing facilities continues to be a challenge at times but there is ongoing effort in this area

Athena Health Care Systems2018-11-29

February 13, 2019Director of Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for the review and great advice! We appreciate your constructive comments and will start working on your suggestions.

Found 60 reviews