Athletico Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 260 reviews

3.6
Mark Kaufman
Pros
Cons
  • "Depending on the size of the clinic(in 30 reviews)

• "Fellow Aides not having confidence in their abilities to learn and grow in the job(in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Very Appreciative Company"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Athletico full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Pay Caring Corporate Team Great working atmosphere Many learning opportunities to grow

Cons

Long hours but is great for patient scheduling

Advice to Management

None- keep investing in your people and employees like me will stay! Keep up the great job!

Athletico2019-04-28

"Have worked for Athletico for over 13 years and there are many reasons why I haven’t ever considered leaving."

I have been working at Athletico

Pros

Great upper management support. Very supportive of staff advancement, advanced skill training and support and fair compensation packages with bonus potential.

Cons

Due to limited PT’s available to hire in the market place often have staffing limitations at facilities.

Advice to Management

Continue to support ground level staff at a high level.

Athletico2019-07-21
  3. "Too many inconsistencies to be a great place to work."

Former Employee - Athletic Trainer

I worked at Athletico full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always hiring, opportunity for experience, provide CEU opportunities regularly.

Cons

Salary is an embarrassment. If a school had a snow day or a game is cancelled and you are unable to make 40 hours, you are forced to use your PTO for things outside of your control. Raises are based on how many referrals you get, but pride themselves in not requiring a quota. Continuously felt under appreciated by managers. At annual meetings, the corporate speakers would call us “trainers” which to me showed that they...

Advice to Management

Reflect on what the core values are and then live by them. This is not the company I grew up wanting to work at, that company has fallen to the wayside after the merger. Show your employees you value them.

Athletico2019-08-12
  4. "HR- Corporate Office"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Athletico full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at the resource center/corporate office on contract in HR. It was a decent experience, Management was just OK. During my time I did gain some experience but it was very short-lived. Everyone was pretty nice overall, nice building and work/life balance. Pay was fair as far as a temp position goes, at least when I was there. You were free to take your lunch basically whenever you got the chance.

Cons

You’re just a number - especially if you are a contractor (and they hire PLENTY of them). You can tell they want to make you feel like you’re “proud” to work there, especially since it is a pretty large company in the Midwest. It was exciting at first, but quickly learned about how employees were treated at the corporate level. Lots of meetings, which wasn’t helpful especially given the amount of work you are expected...

Advice to Management

Stop hiring contractors so often and actually TRAIN your employees... don’t expect them to just know everything. Pay better for the permanent employees too, as I’ve heard this isn’t even great or near the national average.

Athletico2019-08-11

"Athletico values the Work Comp department by creating and supporting this role."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Athletico full-time for more than a year

Pros

Athletico equips and empowers their employees to make and implement positive procedures that act as building blocks for excellent care to their patients.

Cons

Only that I was not able to continue my work remotely (for completely email based work), which meant that I had to make a painful decision to leave the company when my family relocated.

Advice to Management

Continue in the excellent work of supporting your onsite employees. You exemplify great leadership. Consider keeping employees who bring value to your company and then to patients, by expanding your remote work policy. Otherwise, great job as leaders!

Athletico2019-07-16

"Premier Sports Medicine/Outpatient Orthopaedic Provider"

Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Athletico full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent CEUs Good mentorship program for new and experienced clinicians Positive work environment with opportunities for advancement

Cons

Documentation system continues to improve to help clinicians save time in this area.

Athletico2019-07-16
  7. "Can be overwhelming"

Former Employee - Rehab Aide in Chicago, IL

I worked at Athletico part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience if you want to go to physical therapy school or any form of health care.

Cons

Pay is minimum wage. You can be asked to do the job of multiple people like work with a patient, answer the phone, take a copay and check patients in. Multitasking is expected. But I think helping out with patients and giving them attention is important. Sometimes you are doing so many things at the same time that that doesn’t happen. Aides are at the bottom and are sometimes taken for granted. Most aide positions...

Advice to Management

Each clinic runs differently. It all depends on your manager. I found that some managers care more about getting more and more patients than providing them with the best care. While there are some that go above and beyond what is asked of them and keep the environment fun while they’re getting treated. Patients can tell when management is just treating them for the money.

Athletico2019-07-18
  8. "Great Stepping Stone position"

Current Employee - Rehabilitation Aide in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at Athletico part-time for less than a year

Pros

Knowledgeable and passionate physical therapists and occupational therapists. For someone looking to work on their soft-skills and practical knowledge in multiple areas related and unrelated to PT/OT this is a wonderful opportunity. Sincere appreciation is always provided! Great opportunity to see if this is a field which you enjoy. Constant learning environment.

Cons

Lack of communication can result in preventable scenarios. Newly introduced tasks/data collection is tedious and time-consuming to traditional methods. Fellow Aides not having confidence in their abilities to learn and grow in the job.

Advice to Management

Keep being patient, and praising hard work. Ensure that you give Aides opportunities to ask questions in open and in private.

Athletico2019-06-24
  9. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Rehab Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Athletico part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flexible hours - Great experience for PT school - Fun working environment

Cons

- Relatively low pay - Depending on facility, not a lot of hours

Athletico2019-06-16
  10. "Great work experience and environment."

Current Employee - Rehab Aide

I have been working at Athletico part-time

Pros

You will get plenty of experience working with patients.

Cons

No room for upward mobility, unless you become a therapist.

Athletico2019-06-14