Atlanta Braves Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Atlanta Braves Reviews

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.2
Atlanta Braves CEO Terry McGuirk (no image)
Terry McGuirk
Pros
  • "Access to ballpark fans would only dream of(in 9 reviews)

• "Fun environment and you also get to catch parts of the ball game every now and then(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and rate overtime approval so hours get adjusted to fit within 40hrs so you get cheated(in 17 reviews)

• "Long hours low pay, pay to park management doesn't recognize all hard working employees(in 9 reviews)

1. "boot ambassador"

I worked at Atlanta Braves part-time for less than a year

Pros

everything was great while i worked there

Cons

i have no complaints about the job at all

Atlanta Braves2019-10-29
  2. "Atlanta Braves Trainee Program"

Current Employee - Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Braves full-time for less than a year

Pros

Depending on the department you work in, the Trainee Program can be a lot of fun, or a lot of work. This is a unique and exclusive opportunity to get a first-hand look and be part of a professional sports organization and really get your foot in the industry. You'll get a lot of face time with executives, and be able to own, manage, and create your own projects.

Cons

The expectations and work load is extremely high, along with having to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a program where your effort determines your success and enjoyment, so I would advise you to really weigh out the lifestyle change, culture, and how this would help you make the next step in your career.

Atlanta Braves2019-12-07
  3. "Great!"

Former Employee - Booth Ambassador

I worked at Atlanta Braves part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management, guests , pay, everything

Cons

Nothing at all was bad

Atlanta Braves2019-10-15
  4. "Great team!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Braves full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome people! Sales team is ran effectively and you have good visibility all the way up the chain on expectations.

Cons

Probably a bit more traditional and stuck in their older ways than other front offices but that has to do with the fanbase and the clubs history.

Atlanta Braves2019-10-06

"Fun Place to work. Pay and advancement is meh. Use as a resume builder."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Braves full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working for the Braves. Lots of great unexpected perks and it’s super fun. MOSTLY in the Front Office is friendly, approachable, helpful. Even the Executives. I’m an entry level employee and they know me. I have learned a great deal about things in my field as well as beyond and for that I’m incredibly grateful. My gripe with the Braves and why I’m leaving though is for the industry and my role I’m severely underpaid based on the average in the city and nationwide. Additionally, unless you do some serious brown nosing and sometimes sabotage, being promoting is hard. They’ll pile on new duties and responsibilities without a raise and promotion and expect you to work long hours and short you on overtime. On the bright side though, I have gotten many many interviews simply because Atlanta Braves is on my resume and employers find that impressive.

Cons

Low pay and little/very slow advancement. No employee development options or tuition assistance. Long hours and rate overtime approval so hours get adjusted to fit within 40hrs so you get cheated.

Atlanta Braves2019-04-20
  6. "Front office"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Braves full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of young fun people. Good environment and energy. You learn a lot because everyone really contributes and there is an expectation that you can get things done since they hire such good people. (Minimal micromanagement from what I’ve experienced). Work hard, play hard so they have beat brigade who puts on happy hours and gives gifts and such. PTO is great (18 days right away when full time). If you stick around, pension and 401k matching are good too!

Cons

More appreciation from executives would be nice, pretty sure they couldn’t know the names of 95% of the people in account executive or coordinator roles, even top performers! There has been a lot of shifting of departments and responsibilities in the past few years that seem out of the blue. Then they let go off people because the position is eliminated just to hire new people in whatever position they rebranded the job as. It’s nerve wracking and makes people on edge because it’s never explained. Hours are LONG but if you have a good boss you can come in late after rain delays. There is no clear path for growth unless someone leaves. Also no further on the job development once you are no longer a trainee.

Atlanta Braves2019-02-14
  7. "Great community and experience working here!"

I worked at Atlanta Braves

Pros

Great people really care about employees fun environment

Cons

busy schedule not great hours (working for a baseball team is always this way though)

Atlanta Braves2018-11-15
  8. "Trainee"

Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Braves for more than a year

Pros

Great Experience, hands on experience, and being a part of an amazing team and front office.

Cons

Long long hours, but it's worth it. Pay is tough, but it's a foot in the door for a young processional getting a start in sort

Atlanta Braves2018-10-30
  9. "Gameday Staff"

I worked at Atlanta Braves part-time

Pros

The atmosphere from when I walked in to interview from my last day at the end of the season was welcoming and everyone was really like a big family. I did part-time gameday staff and it was the most fun job I've ever had.

Cons

None, I loved every minute

Atlanta Braves2018-09-23
  10. "Ticket Event Team (Now part of Ambassador team)"

I worked at Atlanta Braves part-time

Pros

Being surrounded by sports and great people. The team really cared about you and looked after everyone. Employee store and free tix were a great perk!

Cons

Hard to work your way up, you have to really earn it!

Atlanta Braves2018-06-29