Atlanta Center for Medical Research Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Comeback Kid"

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work at ACMR is exciting and fascinating. Our research is changing the future of medicine.

The people here are amazing. I love who I work with.

The culture is changing. I'll admit that I was hesitate to take the position due to the negative reviews, but I have no regrets. Management realized that things needed to change and as a company we have be consistently working towards our new company goals. They don't call it a comeback for nothing right?

Cons

Can be high stress if you don't manage your time wisely.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees and keep up the good work!

"Fast paced, exciting cutting edge work!"

Current Employee - Research Pharmacist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Research Pharmacist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There is always something new to learn and you are constantly engaged. You are on the cutting edge of discovering new drug and device therapy. It is truly exciting work to make a difference in treating patients for disease states where many have not found a cure. Management is actively working to build a community of respect and open communication. The on-site cafeteria is affordable and tasty, there is a beautiful courtyard to enjoy your meal, on site gym and they also pay for yoga classes and extra perks here and there. Generous PTO policy and great benefits.

Cons

Research is a unique field, and it is not for everyone. If you are not a fast learner and don't have quick problem solving skills or effective communication, you may not be able to keep up with the pace here.

Advice to Management

Continue to implement training initiatives and help newcomers learn the language of research.

"Great and talented people! On the growth track!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and something new to learn every day. Great people to work with. New values and missions are on a positive track. Gym and Cafeteria on site. Part of the Community, lots of opportunities to volunteer and grow.

Cons

Location far, depending on where you are located.

Advice to Management

Continue to learn and keep up the good work.

4. "Awful company culture and leadership"

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ACMR has/had some great people who work hard, are dedicated, truly care, and want the best for their study participants. These people put in long hours and run themselves into the ground trying to follow the directives that they're given by management (read: Director and CEO).

Cons

ACMR is very much of a dictatorship. If you advance, they will pay you very, very well. In return, you will be at the mercy of the ever-changing directives you receive from the top. You will put in extremely long hours, you will try your hardest, and ultimately you will find yourself in an emotionally taxing and physically exhausting workplace.

Advice to Management

Advice to the most senior management: let your managers manage and/or remove yourself from the "management" side of the business. You are the problem; always have been and always will be.

"Improvement but more effort needed"

Pros

Pleasant and friendly staff. Good benefits. Great commute. Safe and secure building/parking. The management team has recognized their deficiency and is implementing "Culture change" within the company. Training for employees and upper management seems to be improving moral and management style.

Cons

Change is still being resisted by some upper level employees. A few members of the management/supervisor team seem immune to standards and procedures.

Advice to Management

Get the entire team of supervisors on board with change and lead by example before "Reboot" momentum is lost.

"Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

. . . . .

Cons

Everything already said. . . .

Advice to Management

Stop posting falsified Glassdoor reviews

"Terrible"

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time

Pros

Experience on your resume if you need it.

Cons

Everything else. Management is terrible and watches everything you do. Pay is awful and its in a bad neighborhood.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to run the company that knows what there doing

8. "Horrible Company!"

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time

Pros

Some of the co-workers are nice. If you can survive, its a good entry into the clinical research field.

Cons

EVERYTHING else! Terrible management that never, ever listens to anyone. They also don't know how to manage. The company has no sense of direction and no proper training. If you choose to work here, come in with an exit plan.

Advice to Management

Take management classes, you need it!

9. "Looks can be deceiving!"

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time

Pros

They are great at masking how the company is opposed to the reality. There are some good people here but for how long!

Cons

This company lacks basic respect! Management sucks, they treat people horrible. Days here are like a bad rerun, if you know your worth you wouldn't waste your time here. The turn over rate is high for a reason, everyone isn't a bad employee.

Advice to Management

Humble yourselves!Treat people how you would like to be treated.

"Making Serious Effort to Improve"

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior management is now listening to staff and has made commitment to change and improve. They even hired an outside consultant to train all management and workers in created a better work environment. I can see improvement after just two months.

Cons

They are growing fast so it is hard for them to hire fast enough. Going through typical pains related to trying to improve management, seems worth the effort so far.

Advice to Management

Don't give up on trying to change.