Atlanta Group Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Atlanta Group Systems Reviews

3.8
Gregg Fellows

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent consulting and project management firm"

Former Employee - IT Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Group Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked with AGSI as both a contractor and full-time employee, and have known the founders (Terrie Jones and Gregg Fellows) for over 20 years. AGSI excels at building strong, lasting relationships with their clients, and is very well known in the Atlanta business community...in fact, I would say that nobody knows the Atlanta business community and tech leaders better than Terrie and Gregg! I have benefited on many occasions from their knowledge and experience as both as an employee and as an ex-employee. Their company values emphasize loyalty and integrity as well as technical/business knowledge. In a competitive and ever changing market, AGSI has been a stable and reliable force and business partner for decades.

Cons

No significant cons. Their Buckhead location might be a problem for some, but it's actually pretty conveniently located across from Lenox Square Mall (it's a problem during the holidays, but good otherwise).

Advice to Management

Stay true to your course...it's served you well!

2. "Contract Company"

Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Contract in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Group Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff and professional
    Open and willing to help out

Cons

Bureaucratic management
    Lacks insights to ongoing delivery
    Delivery needs to be more focused on reality vs published works
    Give credit where credit s due
    Don't low talk your workers to clients. It makes you lose credibility

Advice to Management

Trust your team to take care of clients as clients trust them. Don't make decisions in vacuum. You're losing clients for a reason.

3. "Promise There, But Improvement Needed"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Atlanta Group Systems as a contractor

Pros

In great part of Atlanta (Buckhead) for proximity to clients; staff works well together; small office environment can be a pro; company has a mostly good reputation among select clientele.

Cons

Salary is low for administrative staff; little opportunity for advancement; healthy work-life balance very difficult to maintain here as they want all staff members available at virtually all times whether on vacation, after hours, etc.; very little respect for employees with young families unless someone at home is handling children for you vs. them being your responsibility

Advice to Management

Sell the company or become investors and hire executives to grow the company for you. Get a small but effective and LAWFUL HR department in place.

4. "A Refreshing Change!"

I have been working at Atlanta Group Systems full-time

Pros

* Great people
    * Good benefits
    * Skilled co-workers
    * Transparent

Cons

* PTO only available for corporate staff

Advice to Management

Don't forget the Human side of Processes, Tools, and People.

5. "Great people, Challenging work, Customer First Attitude"

Pros

Competitive benefits package and pay, nice Buckhead office space, internal training provided, leadership opportunities, some of the brightest minds in the professional services arena.

Highly intelligent and creative leadership, challenging work with top notch customers, excellent customer service which accounts for the repeat business.

Cons

long commute and lean workforce

6. "Hard work recognized and rewarded!"

I worked at Atlanta Group Systems full-time

Pros

Professionals with excellent industry experience, also recognize personal and family lives of employees.

Cons

High expectations of all employees at all times.

7. "Would like to work with them again."

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Denver, CO

Pros

This agency found and obtained a good contract for me with a good company that lasted 1 1/2 years. Their remote staff was helpful, communicated well and provided positive client feedback while giving me independence to do my job.

Cons

Their negotiations with the client on my behalf to be promoted from contract to full-time were unsuccessful. It seems that the client considered their price to buy out my contract too high. Further negotiations apparently did not resume and then economic downturn resulted in non-renewal by client undergoing general cutbacks. Wages were reported in Georgia at recruiter's headquarters instead of my residnce and client location, resulting in reduced unemployment compensation upon termination. I always received positive client perforrmance feedback, but have not received any more opportunities. Maybe the economy has everyone strapped right now.

Advice to Management

I am grateful and felt a very good rapport, but hoped that a more flexible bargaining position might have resulted in a full-time position.