Atlantic Aviation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Lou Pepper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Management needs a change on the customer service side (in 5 reviews)

• There was also no room for growth within the company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Entry Level"

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time

Pros

You gain multitasking skills, networking with corporations, some sales skills, overall good experience.

Cons

No room for growth.

2. "Work"

Former Employee - LST in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - LST in Charleston, SC

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work environment , coworkers and ever changing daily assignments

Cons

Bad Management and too much favoritism

Advice to Management

Do employees a favor and quit.

3. "Benefits Good, Training......"

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits package for part time or full time employees.

Cons

Pay is below national average, Training program is dependant upon management seeing it as "worth their time", Purposeful delay in certification and training that deals with a raise, lack of hiring

4. "Work ONLY Part-Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Linemen are GREAT to work with; GREAT part-time job to have if you are going to school

Cons

Management are not team players; they expect the employee to be a team player and work when asked but when you ask for time off, Management will give you some lame excuse why they said NO! Raises are horrible; does not promote within; I can go on......

Advice to Management

Hire more people and respect and commend the employees you have.....

5. "CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great way to interact with other people and meet artist or highly important people. It's a beautiful view in the mornings. You enjoy helping out the customers to make their trip the best trip they've had. You create connections with your customers which is the best.

Cons

This location is not the best. The staff is not the staff you would like to work with. The managers definetly have favorites and if you don't kiss butt to either of them they will talk behind your back just like they do with customers or tenants. They even do it with the medical staff there. It's nonstop high school drama all day. They don't take into consideration the effort you are doing if you're not the favorite and if you are they let you get away with a lot of stuff. It's ridiculous they claim to have a professional work ethic yet when the doors close and no one is around all they do is talk from the manager to the csr and line guys.. it's horrible.

Advice to Management

I would really recommend for everyone to just mind their own business and not criticize someone else for their way of being. Someone really needs to get this straighten out.

6. "Supervisor"

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time

Pros

Good company. Learned a lot about the corporate aviation industry.

Cons

No cons to complain of.

7. "Line Service Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an LST you get to work in an very outgoing and friendly industry. Immediate coworkers are great to work with. Very engaging work and interesting workplace. Work is very easy to accomplish. You can move up in leadership but don't expect to have leadership as management goes against anything you suggest.

Cons

The work is very simple but it is highly complicated by management. They do not let the supervisors make common sense decisions without them chiming in and ultimately going their way on certain decisions. Pay is mediocre, you get promised a good pay and you wait wait wait and nothing. Excuses come about if asked why 90 day reviews haven't been done. The place is understaffed and while positions are posted to fulfill the positions open, there is no push to hire, and that is for ALL positions. Going back on the topic of supervisors not having a saying in anything, EVERYTHING is micromanaged. Do not expect to not be followed and watched every step you do and being critically criticized by what you do. There is little to no appreciation from work being done and to show it all they do is buy food and give you a pat on the back. There is no sense of morale boost or incentive to do work just a mediocre pay. Do not expect to get out on time at night, Every night there is opportunity for overtime but it is not good if you have other obligations to attend when you have to stay literally EVERY night.

Advice to Management

Stop Micromanaging your staff, have trust in your workers that have been doing the job for years without fault. Appreciate your workers as you see there is a HIGH turnover rate. Stop having favoritism towards workers and certain customers when they are just like everyone else. It comes to a point where managers need to know really what is going on in the workplace if you want to be approachable by your workers, get out and talk to your employees. After all they are helping your business stay afloat and they are the ones making it happen when you go out for your smoke break or you go home from 4-6. Stop overworking your people for no reason. Have some common sense to the rules.

8. "Diesel Mechanic"

Current Employee - GSE Mechanic
    Current Employee - GSE Mechanic

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a fun, busy and exciting place to work as a GSE Mechanic. No two days are alike and there's a plenty to do.

Cons

There is benefits and vacation. But raises and promotions are few and far between.

Advice to Management

I would love to see more opportunity to grow and move up. Even it's to other bases within the company

9. "line service technician"

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time

Pros

I must say that this is a very positive company where they value their employee.

Cons

Need to update their equipments

"Great company with a lot of heart"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Plano, TX

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved my time at Atlantic Aviation. Both my Peers and managers always treated me with kindness and respect. The corporate culture truly is one of a kind, they are fun, easy going, and have lots of team building. They are always bringing in food and other goodies for their staff "just because". Overall I have never met a nicer group of people than the HR team. My managers always listened to my input with open ears and happily answers any questions I had. I truly learned a lot working here.I will even go so far as to say I looked forward coming to work!

Cons

Pay is not competitive to the market. I think that this results in loosing out on a lot of good talent around corporate. This is the only non-positive that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I know it gets harder as you grow to keep that "small company" feel, but make sure to keep Atlantics culture alive moving forward into the shared services as it was truly something special.