Atlantic Aviation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 28, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lou Pepper

Pros
  • Mentorships throughout the years, Growth opportunities, Fun environment, and Great benefits (in 9 reviews)

• Great co-workers and loved my job (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Management needs a change on the customer service side (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, slow growth opportunities, management is too laid back (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company with a lot of heart"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Plano, TX

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved my time at Atlantic Aviation. Both my Peers and managers always treated me with kindness and respect. The corporate culture truly is one of a kind, they are fun, easy going, and have lots of team building. They are always bringing in food and other goodies for their staff "just because". Overall I have never met a nicer group of people than the HR team. My managers always listened to my input with open ears and happily answers any questions I had. I truly learned a lot working here.I will even go so far as to say I looked forward coming to work!

Cons

Pay is not competitive to the market. I think that this results in loosing out on a lot of good talent around corporate. This is the only non-positive that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I know it gets harder as you grow to keep that "small company" feel, but make sure to keep Atlantics culture alive moving forward into the shared services as it was truly something special.

2. "Bad Decision"

Former Employee - Gas Monkey/Corp Hack In Training in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Gas Monkey/Corp Hack In Training in Houston, TX

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for immersion in General Aviation and networking for aspiring young people. On the most basic level, learning how to safely fuel and reposition private aircraft, as well as learning the real ins and outs of fuel inventory management and regulation, will pretty much guarantee you a job at any similar facility nationwide.

Cons

Absolute wreck of a company. Personnel-wise, middle management seems to range from outright venal to merely incompetent. Meetings conducted by corporate employees consisted of literally reading words off of PowerPoint slides, for hours - the guy gets paid six figures but can't demonstrate a semblance of creativity or enthusiasm? Mediocrity abounds. Entrenched front line employees are either viscerally unhappy with working conditions (which include long days in bad weather, no scheduled meal times, poorly operating and sometimes catostrophically unsafe equipment, low pay and pay raise freezes), or generally apathetic/incompetent. Zero, ZERO, long term career prospects. One 20 year employee was summarily fired after an accident resulted in $150 damage. Minute pay raises don't even scale with inflation.

Advice to Management

If upper management wants the reality of its operations to reflect its corporate koolaid speak, excellence in customer service etc..., they should realize that that sort of thing starts from the bottom and grows up. It's a radical idea, but treating even your most basic level employees with true dignity - a competitive wage, flexible scheduling, a chance to build a life - will elevate the company's standards and truly put it in a position to dominate and shape the industry. Such a strategy would make those jobs attractive and far less prone to attrition, apathy, poor performance and costly incidents.

As it stands now, you treat your frontline workforce like little more than trained apes; they know it, and it reflects as much on your balance sheets.

3. "Line service tech PDK"

Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Chamblee, GA
    Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Chamblee, GA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for college kids or as a stepping stone. Get your experience and leave like everyone else. You have days of good tips.

Cons

Management is incompetent at best.
    Favoritism is rampant.
    Pay is absolutely horrible.
    Equipment is broken for extended periods of time.
    No break on busy days.
    30 people have left in my 2 1/2 years and management could care less.

Advice to Management

Start respecting your employees with good raises and learn to talk to people.

5. "Good company, fun job, people were great!"

Former Employee - Line Supervisor, Safety Representative, Site Trainer in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to variety of aviation aspects. Formal, documented training. Company talks the talk by stressing safety, and walks the walk by educating their people on what to do and how to do it safely, with a bonus for doing so. Corporate team was rock-solid and professional, regional management likewise. Great benefits.

Cons

Only 3% max possible for annual pay increase, although managers could justify merit based increases. Annual pay increase is subject to your annual evaluation and base manager discretion, which may be a manager's way of using a non job-related event to mark down your job performance and avoid increasing your pay. Also, base manager can give unused percentage to other more deserving employees above the 3% limit, or they can withhold it from someone that deserves it because they think that person makes to much and give it to someone they know for a fact is going to quit soon. You have to watch out for unskilled and unprofessional base managers, unfortunately. Some can fool their bosses which forces employees into the horrible position of doing nothing or going up the chain to people the likely have never interacted with before. This is likely the primary con aspect to my experience with Atlantic. Maybe it's like this everywhere, but hopefully it was an isolated and anomalous experience. Base manager lacked technical line service experience and focused on profit margin and budget to the detriment of running a good operation. Constantly kept avoiding expenditures that affected customer service and operational safety, like ramp and hangar light bulb replacement, or tires for fuel trucks, or keeping fuel farm levels above minimum to avoid constant malfunction of floating suction. Meanwhile, regional and corporate management bent over backwards to say that if you need something, tell your manager. Further, the base manager was told by each of the supervisors about independent instances of insubordination from a single employee , and given express warning that it would lead to major problems in the workplace if not addressed. Then that employee was promoted to a management position over a more qualified applicant, which proved to be a complete failure since the best person for the job left due to the hostile environment created by the promotee. A couple of months later that newly promoted manager quit on the spot with no notice, walked out and left his co-workers to finish their shift without him. It appears as though the incentive to save money overpowered the responsibility to hire the best person. These may seem like petty grievances, and individually they are. However, they were discussed repeatedly, and the manager refused to accept input. Taken together, these events reveal an embarrassing level of inexperience, greed and incompetence. And this dynamic continued for two years. I understand that it has since changed, as well it should have, and much sooner. It's just a shame it took so long and that it was likely the reason that several good and promising people left.

Advice to Management

Revise annual evaluation process to check and balance against management opinion versus job performance and qualification. I would suggest a higher level review of evaluations before finalizing. Implement mandatory biennial HR training session on company policies of "open door", work place conflict resolution, employee coaching/discipline. It doesn't need to be exhaustive in content coverage, just informative so that in those unlikely events when things don't go according to plan employees will know what to expect and supervisors and managers aren't as likely to make mistakes in meeting those expectations and administering those policies.

6. "Customers Service kmkc"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

kyle was a great managager- always willing to jump in and help out. Coworkers were awesome and over all loved the job/base.

Cons

Sometimes you were short staffed with callouts.

7. "Line Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are courteous and helpful.

Cons

Pay should be better for this type of job.

Advice to Management

Good for a College student in aviation.

8. "Line Tech"

Former Employee - Line Supervisor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Line Supervisor in San Jose, CA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun fast paced Environment. Never a dull moment and plenty to keep you active and busy. Great set of people to work with as well.

Cons

The pay is subpar. You deal with the worlds 1% of income earners and earn enough to live in poverty here.

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with; great benefits, love the Customers!

Cons

Lots of gossip; if you make a mistake you get in trouble and everyone knows about it. Does not promote within

Advice to Management

Need to promote within

"Working in a high stress aviation enviornment"

Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Burbank, CA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and loved my job !!!!

Cons

Had a medical problem and was not supported in regards to my condition . Needed some time off to address it and they decided it was best that we part !!!

Advice to Management

Your employee's are just not a number !!!! I have worked in a high stress aviation enviornment for 15 years and when i was working at your Burbank location . It was a one man show on your Corporate ramp !!! I was missing an other person to work with as a team player and be able to give a service to our customers on a professional level.

11. "Decent job"

Current Employee - LST in Hayden, CO
    Current Employee - LST in Hayden, CO

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time

Pros

Good pay. Somthing new everyday. Work hard and you already become better than everyone. If you are a self motivated worker you can shine.

Cons

Hard work goes unnoticed. Bosses show favorites. Rules/sop's only apply to new hires. Some ppl clock I'm and leave during slow times still clocked in. Managers come in for 5min and go out to lunch. This job is the most "professional" "unprofessional " job I've worked.

Advice to Management

Notice your hard workers and treat everyone the same. The rules/sop's should apply to everyone.