Atlantic Coast Merchandising Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Atlantic Coast Merchandising President Chris Chandler
Chris Chandler

1. "Great Job for Single Parents"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Atlantic Coast Merchandising part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule which is great when trying to work around my kids appointments and school. Good pay. Friendly managers. On time pay with direct deposit.

Cons

Merchandising is more seasonal type of work.

"unhappy"

Former Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Mesa, AZ

Pros

you get to choose where you want to work

Cons

they don't tell you when the work is finished and gone

Advice to Management

inform your employees when there is no more work so they can see other employment.

"Liars"

Former Employee - Merchandiser S0ecialist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Merchandiser S0ecialist in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Cheat you our of your wages..state one then and we check arrives..or when ever it does arrive not what you expected. That's why they hire you as an IC..They know the top dirty things that there doing to ppl..will get them sued and company shut down.

Cons

Bunch of liars that live off the skills 9f merchandisers

Advice to Management

Shut your business down

"Management is always available to help even during nights or weekends when I need them."

Current Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Atlantic Coast Merchandising part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great job for supplemental income until ACM can promote you into an ongoing position. Company is always quick to respond and resolve issues. If any employee ever has an issue with their manager all they need to do to contact the HR department is to follow the steps listed on the HR tab within the company website.

Cons

You may not get more than 32 hours every week. I can not think of any more cons. Overall a great company to work for if you like project work.

"This job is okay if you are in high school"

Former Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I worked at Atlantic Coast Merchandising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, no micro managing, some travel, work with a great team, work on different projects.

Cons

No reimbursement for mileage, poor communication, no supplies, lack of transparency, pay is meh, people may not know who you are when you show up to assignments as this is a third party company.

Advice to Management

Improve communication. Emails and phone calls are often not returned. There is no sense of urgency or that ACM cares about their field employees. I have shown up to job assignments only to find out later that the job assignment was canceled.
    Improve technology. Potential or employees should not have to submit sensitive documents via email or text. Invest in using safer platforms to transmit information besides email.
    Improve the hiring process. Seriously the interview was 5 minutes and did not give a clear picture or purpose of the job position. It was clear later on that ACM was not looking for great employees but warm bodies to fill positions.
    It would be nice to have a contact person's name and phone number when going to assignments instead of meet on isle 5 kind of thing.

"NEVER GET PAID"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Tampa, FL

I worked at Atlantic Coast Merchandising (Less than a year)

Pros

Owner is a liar and a Con Artist

Cons

Owner will lie over and over regarding where your paycheck is, lie about where your reimbursement check is and will deduct hotel expense from your check!

Advice to Management

Close, your a financial burden to anyone you employ

7. "Great Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Port Huron, MI
    Current Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Port Huron, MI

Pros

I recently moved cross country from CA to MI and was worried about getting work right away, but I am happy to announce that the management team with Atlantic Coast Merchandising was great in getting my new information updated and assigning me work right away.

One of the best things I can say about Atlantic Coast Merchandising is that they care about their clients and their employees. The management staff is quick to respond to my questions and I always have the instructions needed for each job I’m assigned.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time.

Advice to Management

None at this time

8. "ACM is a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Reset in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Reset in Manchester, NH

Pros

I really enjoy the work that I do with them. I love resets and they certainly keep me busy. The management is professional and easy going to talk to. They respond to me in a reasonable amount of time and answer any questions I have.

Cons

During the holidays there are blackout weeks, but that is to be expected with merchandising.

9. "My experience working for Atlantic Coast Merchandising exceedingly pleasant."

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Proctor, VT
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Proctor, VT

I have been working at Atlantic Coast Merchandising part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my judgement Atlantic Coast Merchandising has exhibited and established an uncommon triad of integrity, intelligence, and aptitude. If you can work without a boss's eye on you and aren't afraid to go outside despite the lion blocking your driveway, then you will enjoy working with this company (the pay is good for the work requirements for those interested in the monetary aspect).

Cons

I have no cons to report presently. It has been a refreshing ride so far.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to offer at this time.

10. "Great Communication from Regional Management"

Current Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Atlantic Coast Merchandising part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for ACM for 4 years and enjoy it very much. I generally do resets in 1-2 grocery chains but have worked at Convenience Store chains doing their resets and enjoy both venues.
    When we arrive at our assigned store, the team lead gives us our assignments and we either work alone or on a team, depending on how big the resets are on a particular day.
    I have worked in most every department which keeps things fun.
    I am only available on a part time basis (1-2 days per week) so ACM works perfectly for me.
    They are very easy to work with and keep you abreast of assignments via email and/or phone calls.
    Everyone I have encountered with ACM has been very pleasant, positive and professional which I appreciate.

Cons

I have not encountered any problems.

Advice to Management

If ACM had a short training video for new hires (Particularly inexperienced merchandisers) it would be very helpful.